Can you recommend a movie for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
Hello everyone, I haven't posted on here in a long time. I don't know if anyone from the Manchester meet up will remember me. Anyway, I'm just looking for movie recommendations.

I haven't really seen many films this year due to work, life and other things, so any suggestions are welcome. :biggrin:

What are your interests?

War films, action films, gangster films, love films, drama films, thrillers, anime, sci-fi, anything with aliens and so on. Foreign films are good too. I like to think I'm quite open minded. Only type of film I avoid is horror, boring pish that nae cunt can't predict. KWAM?

OK here is a list of movies 1. Merlin 2. Sea quest dsv 3. Black hawk down 4. full metal jacket 5. Sharknado 6. Sharknado 2
7. Saving Private Ryan 8. Dragon 9 Power rangers SPD 10. Gridiron gang

i am a film maker, the reason i say this is because before i took my exams i would watch a film and say wow, that was good, These days i watch a film and think to myself wow that was bad.. It could have been better, ive done this with a lot of films, such as transformers, lord of the rings, etc, They say once you know something like film making or writing, you find that your interests change..

anyway.. if you would like a really good film to watch, in my opinion, Not forgetting it takes quite a bit to get me interested in a film these days, your choice has to be "War Horse", its a war film, about a horse, and it is really impressive.

No major camera tricks, and no major CGI, which i think makes the film really good quality.. Anyway just a suggestion..

Cheers
Baby Lea

fuctifano said:
Only type of film I avoid is horror, boring pish that nae cunt can't predict. KWAM?

You can take the man out of Scotland... some things never change, mate :tongueout:

Have you seen American Sniper? I watched it a few weeks ago, bloody brilliant.

babylea said:
i am a film maker, the reason i say this is because before i took my exams i would watch a film and say wow, that was good, These days i watch a film and think to myself wow that was bad.. It could have been better, ive done this with a lot of films, such as transformers, lord of the rings, etc, They say once you know something like film making or writing, you find that your interests change..

anyway.. if you would like a really good film to watch, in my opinion, Not forgetting it takes quite a bit to get me interested in a film these days, your choice has to be "War Horse", its a war film, about a horse, and it is really impressive.

No major camera tricks, and no major CGI, which i think makes the film really good quality.. Anyway just a suggestion..

Cheers
Baby Lea

I know exactly what you mean. Ever since I went to the Art Institute ... now I can't look at any advertisement move posters without finding focal points, and all the advertisement tricks they used to attract people XD. Drawings I may have thought where great, now I think are only decent.

On Subject ... if your up for something shocking and insane ... Rampage was a pretty interesting movie.

beyond the standard Hollywood stuff, the two films which have stood out for me, this year, have been Belle Et Sebastien (it's a few years old, but i only saw it this year) and The Signal (a low budget sci-fi thriller/horror).

CosmicFidelity said:
American Sniper
lone survivor
Restrepo
Korengal
Fury
Expelled from paradise
How to train your dragon 1 and 2
Gravity
The Martian
Interstellar
Star Wars episode 7