wrong cloth diaper size :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello!
Thanks to your encouragement and advice, I decide to buy a cloth diaper ( I chose to take one from AngelsBest's shop) and I finally received it , but what a fiasco ... The size i've chosen does not fit me , (too big):( ... The error is my entire responsibility, do you think I can still contact the seller ? Is there any way to make an exchange? (the Diaper has been out of the box, but of course I did not use it).

If it's one of those pull-up style diapers you could do what I do and cut the edges then tie them around your waist.

In case the seller doesn't allow returns.

They probably cannot take a return, but take note that it will shrink in the wash. I don't know about pull-up cloth, but if it is a flat cloth it will shrink about 20%. You need to wash and dry it two or three times to get an idea what size it really is. Then fold it to fit.

it's a velcro Diaper, not a pull up one.
Well this is what I feared , but I can only blame myself , it's entirely my fault. Maybe i can trying to use it with insert...?

- - - Updated - - -

cloth it will shrink about 20%. You need to wash and dry it two or three times to get an idea what size it really is. Then fold it to fit.
Right! Thank you, it's pretty comforting to read :D

- - - Updated - - -

A quick question: Would it be alright for the Zorb fabric (and for the all diaper itself) if i wash it before use, on a really hot temperature (To get some shrinking and to sterilizes it) like 80° or 70° (celsius, not fahrenheit! :laugh:) Or is it better to use a cooler temperature for the first wash?

sucks when that happens

sucks when that happens
Indeed...:sad: , but I will ensure that it will never happens again to me.:wallbash:

I'm new to cloth too and when I boutique my flat it was way too big because I didn't wash it. (I was too exited to wear them) after a couple of washes and rounds through the drier they fit perfectly. My problem is finding a cover that doesn't leave marks on my legs.

My home doesn't have a dryer (old wash machine model). So i will have to air-dry them. At what temperature do you wash them on the before first time use? :detective3
My problem is finding a cover that doesn't leave marks on my legs.
Well, you can use a wide boxer to hold/cover your diaper ? This will make it more discreet under your clothes, and reduce/avoid marks on your legs. I wear male underwear because I find them more comfortable, so i tried them above a disposable diaper one time, and it was rather conclusive (it even reduce diaper crickle noise) but not on a cloth diaper yet. Yet I'm pretty sure i would be a good solution.

neaendr said:
A quick question: Would it be alright for the Zorb fabric (and for the all diaper itself) if i wash it before use, on a really hot temperature (To get some shrinking and to sterilizes it) like 80° or 70° (celsius, not fahrenheit! :laugh:) Or is it better to use a cooler temperature for the first wash?

I just use the hot water wash in my machine and it does fine. My water temperature is about 125F (51C).

I see, thank for the tip! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back