PaSS

Hi *looks down shyly*
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
So the other day I decided I would try something new. I decided to use a stuffer in my diaper. I am currently using pampers size 7 to stuff. It is amazing how much it holds in comparison to just the diaper its self!

If you ever thought about stuffing a diaper I would highly suggest it. I have noticed the diaper lasts at least 2 - 3 times as long using them.

I make slits in the back of the pampers to leak into my main diaper. I am not doing anything to my main diaper. I just make sure the leg gathers are around the baby diaper.

What are your guys/gals experience when it comes to stuffing your diaper with baby diapers?

I just started using stuffers as well! So far I've only had one size six Luvs cut up the same way you did with a good note on top. I can usually squeeze three full settings into it. This weekend I'm gonna double it and have a luv, goodnite then another luv and goodnite.

Never really done that, I'll have to try it one time

Dude it is worth it. I usually wear a dry 24/7 for about 4 hours with little issues. I have been in the current dry24/7 for going on 10 hours and still lots of capacity left. Even though at 4 hours I tend to be full. I have been drinking water all day as well to keep my urine smelling perty! It is deff worth it!

I use stuffers in my night time diaper. I cut the back of the padding of my Abena M 4 slide the baby diaper between the padding and the plastic back the baby diaper picks up the over follow of the M4.It works great for me.

Instead of using baby diapers, try using incontinence pads. I bought some Poise night long pads that have a sticky side and oh boy does it swell up. more then a baby diaper.

No need to get baby diapers. Just get the Goodnite Tru-Fit inserts. You won't need to cut the back of it. The urine will flow thru the lining into the diaper. Works really well and absorbs a lot.

Merp said:
two weeks ago I started using them. They are amazing! They hold a lot.

I just looked up the price difference. It appears that pampers are 2 cents cheaper then the good nights. I might pick some up next month and give them a try

*not to self* pick up more dry24/7's next month *end note to self*

PaSS said:
I just looked up the price difference. It appears that pampers are 2 cents cheaper then the good nights. I might pick some up next month and give them a try

*not to self* pick up more dry24/7's next month *end note to self*

Worth the 2 cents getting the Tru-fit. Saves time by not having to cut off the wings and slicing the baby diapers. Also, you could easily pull out the soaked tru-fit and replaced it with a new one without taking off the diaper.

Reactions: pamperluvs
I prefer any booster specifically designed for the task. Initially I tried the baby diaper, but found them not worth the trouble. Boosters do a much better job with little fuss. Most boosters that I have tried work almost too well. I would never be able to generate the quantity of urine needed to take full advantage.

I went into a cvs and compared the prices between incontinence pads and goodnite trufit pads. for 12 bucks you can get 16 trufit pads or for the same price you can get twice as many tena long most absorbent pads. plus the tena have a sticky side so it doesn't move around.

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea these things existed lol.
I might have to try goodnites again soon

Whenever I tried to slice up a diaper to stuff with, the bits started coming out and made a mess. I've never had success stuffing diapers...=/

predfan15 said:
Whenever I tried to slice up a diaper to stuff with, the bits started coming out and made a mess. I've never had success stuffing diapers...=/

I have had a equal problem. How ever I am still working on a good fix. I will let you know when I come up with it.

I decided to just punch a bunch of small holes into the diaper instead of 3 long ones. we shall see how that works.

On a side note.

Previously when I have done my baby diaper stuff. I left on the elastics and stuff. Right now I am trying out the diaper with out the elastics. We shall see how that works. I found before it was nice to have that second leg gather to keep the urine in and direct it towards the pampers first before it goes into my main diaper. I have noticed it goes into both. My worry is my main diaper will fail before my stuffer takes full capacity. How ever I have not tested that yet. I will let you know what happens.

The nice thing about stuffing with Pampers is that it's very easy to tear off the cloth-like cover, and with it come the tapes and everything. You're left with a plastic-backed rectangle. After that, in addition to slitting the plastic with scissors, I usually snip the leak guards and leg elastics in a few places as well. Otherwise, the stuffer diaper just bunches up and gets uncomfortable. Plus, although I haven't really tested this theory, it's always seemed to me that anything you can do to help the stuffer and the outer diaper "share" wetness quickly is a good thing. An extra set of leak guards definitely don't accomplish that.

I use cloth boosters in my disposables. They work great, increase absorbancy and provide the benefit cloth diapers have, that is even if you flood, you won't leak since the cloth bosster is superior in wicking the wetness away.

After testing the ripped off sides of a pampers. I was not very happy with it. How ever I will be testing it again to give it a fair chance. Most likely not tomorrow but when ever. I usually do not modify my pampers diaper. I have found that best. Well except the slits in the back of the diaper I make to let my pee through the back of the diaper. I will give you guys a update as soon as I have one

I have been using stuffers for quite a while now since I discovered a tutorial somewhere (I can't find it now...)

There are actually several way to use baby diaper as stuffers :

1) this method is mostly for daytime use, I found this on an incontinence board :
just rip off the sides of the baby diaper, don't cut anything ! put it in your diaper where it's the most convenient for you : with the most absorbent part of the diaper right where you pee (pretty much depends if you're a boy or a girl).
After a wetting or two, you can just remove the baby diaper and throw it away.
You just save yourself a diaper change !
==> It's pretty useful if you're in an environment where it's not easy to change (work is a good example).

2) Diaper as stuffers
Rip off the sides of the baby diaper, cut holes in the diaper*** and put it inside the diaper (like in 1).
Liquid will be absorbed by the baby diaper but liquids go will go through.
==> it's the easiest way to use baby diaper as stuffers.

3) diapers as stuffers inside an adult diaper.
This is a variant of 2. This time no need to cut holes because you are going to put the baby diaper (sides removed) INSIDE your adult diaper.
this method works really well with some diaper like the dry 24/7 because it's really easy to open the dry 24/7 in the back without any tool. I found this tutorial online for those wondering what I mean.
==> this method is great if you're only going to use 1 stuffers. Plus, if the outer layer of the adult diaper is thin enough to be see-through, you'll be able to see the prints of the baby diaper on your adult diaper. Not perfectly but still.

--------
***About cutting holes in the diaper :
This is actually far more complicated than it seems. diapers are full of SAP (the gel-like beads that absorbs a lot of liquid) and a bit of fluff.
Fluff is ok to manage but SAP.. it's a pain in the ass to handle.
when I started using baby diaper as inserts, I was cutting the outer (waterproof) layer of the baby diaper all the way from back to front. BUT, when you do that, SAP usually spreads everywhere and causes a mess (because it will look like this)

I've tested several way to cut a baby diaper and the most effective way I found was cutting small holes (no more than 1cm) all over the diaper with a safety cutter. that way, the diaper is keeping its integrity but liquid can still go through the holes. Be careful not making holes too close to one another or the holes might spread and make a bigger one resulting in SAP getting out.
---------

I also found that there is no best baby diaper, it all depends on personal tastes. For example, I really like pampers 6 (both baby dry and easy-ups) as stuffers because they tend to swell and I like the feeling. I also found that the swelling can also help prevent leaks if the diaper is properly placed.

Boosters are usually cheaper and works wonders.. but, it's not the same knowing you "wear" a pampers diaper or a rectangular piece of cotton :p

I'll once again say that Goodnites Trufit inserts are the best option for boosting your diapers. They have a much higher capacity than baby diapers, much thicker, and they swell quite well. They are cheaper at Wal-Mart. They are $8.97 per pack. There's a night and day difference. There's no mess to clean up with escaped beads. It also requires much less work to put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back