Where's the Dry 24/7 Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just thought this was worth mentioning...
I recently got a sample pack from Xpmedical, and in it I got:

3 Tena Stretch Supers - no leak guards, so I'm scared to go out with them. Maybe it'll be an incentive to get myself a diaper cover made for disposables :p

3 iD Slip PE's - this one is a little interesting. I'll probably have it be my first diaper review for the forum. It has me interested, especially since there's no official review, and xpmedical says it could be a decent replacement for the discontinued Tena Slip Maxis (with the landing strip).

And 3 Dry 24/7's - I friggin love this diaper now. Having a 36ish inch waist, and a rather larger than normal butt, has me on the higher end of most medium diapers...ABU and Bambinos can be a little temperamental with my waist size, as the tapes can kinda dig into my upper thighs and cause some irritation locally. And their larges are much too big. But the Dry 24/7 fits me perfectly, around the leg holes, the waist, and the tape location...it's SO COMFORTABLE! It's also thick, super absorbent, and can get HUGE after wearing it for a few hours. I don't really know why the guy who reviewed the 24/7 in the reviews section had such trouble getting it to last over 3 hours. I'm going on 4, with purposely drinking more water to induce more wetting, and I still am not feeling much wetness. It's gotten squishy, like many people like on here. I'm indifferent to that, but I felt like Tykables goes a bit overboard there, as the squishiness detracts from the overall enjoyment. I'll definitely be getting a case of the 24/7's once my current stock dwindles down, but being at around 150 now, that might take a while :p

Speaking of, would anyone be interested in getting a case for me, and I can ship them some of my stock? I'll make it worth your while. Sealed, I got 42 Abenas, 8 Bambino Teddies, 10 ABU Space, 10 SDK v2, and 24 landing-strip TSM's (though those, I'm a bit reluctant to give up...). I also have a lot of those loose, if you don't mind that it isn't sealed. Pm me if this interests you.

So, tl;dr, Dry 24/7's are awesome imo, and it seems like they are overshadowed and underrated in the light of the AB/DL companies' products.

I love 24/7's. I don't understand why people have so many problems. They are very absorbent and I hardly ever have a tap issue. I'm not a fan of the double tap style but they work. Yes the ABU space hold more but they are also more expensive.

Every time I've gone to order a package of Dry 24/7 diapers, everyone has been out of stock. I guess I'll have to give it another go!

Have you tried xpmedical.com? They've always had stock when I check.

I lost my love for Dry 24/7 on their first production batch in the USA. On the ones I got in size large not a single tab stuck for the lower tabs thru 2 cases... I got sick of having to have a roll of duct tape by my bed as I wear every night.

I bought some back in the summer. They're solid diapers. I had thought they were well renowned though... But I but mostly medical diapers, so I guess that's why I thought so.

I wear the dry 24/7 every night. I have found that when I tape them on I'll tape both lower tapes first , then roll the tops down to the inside before I tape the top tapes, I have found that this forms sort of an upper leak guard

chamberpot said:
I wear the dry 24/7 every night. I have found that when I tape them on I'll tape both lower tapes first , then roll the tops down to the inside before I tape the top tapes, I have found that this forms sort of an upper leak guard

Can you or someone else explain how that's work? These are my day and night diaper and getting better use would really be of help.

Shadowscale said:
Can you or someone else explain how that's work? These are my day and night diaper and getting better use would really be of help.

I think I understand what CP means... think about folding the front top edge of your diaper over, so the padding is exposed a bit. He's folding INWARD toward his body, and tucking that down and inside the diaper, to form an upside-down J. Makes a "leak guard" of sorts for the top edge. Probably for sleeping on his stomach.

bambinod said:
I think I understand what CP means... think about folding the front top edge of your diaper over, so the padding is exposed a bit. He's folding INWARD toward his body, and tucking that down and inside the diaper, to form an upside-down J. Makes a "leak guard" of sorts for the top edge. Probably for sleeping on his stomach.

Yes this is exactly what I mean and the reason I do it, Fold inward, But not so the padding is exposed, I used to have nighttime leaks all the time and this has almost completely stopped any leaks at all.

You would have to roll the top over forward to expose the padding , this is what happens in the normal way you tape them after wearing awhile the top tends to roll over on it's own causing nighttime leaks

I have been having occasional night time leaks from the 24/7s.
I will have to give the fold in method a try.

OhHeyThere said:
3 iD Slip PE's - this one is a little interesting. I'll probably have it be my first diaper review for the forum. It has me interested, especially since there's no official review, and xpmedical says it could be a decent replacement for the discontinued Tena Slip Maxis (with the landing strip).
They actually remind me very much of northshore supremes and nothing at all like tena slips.

I love the fit and feel of the 24/7s, but I have to chime in about the tapes. They just don't hold up well. They used to. But not the more recent versions. Of course, I haven't ordered them since last summer because of this fault, so maybe they've fixed them. I love the plastic and everything else about them. They fit extremely well. And to the OP's point, the fit is much better than you'll get with the inbetween diaper sizes that you'll find with Bambino and ABU.

When they first came out, I was not a fan. The newest version is high on my list of favorite diapers. Great plastic outer. Good leak guards. No problem with the tapes. They run a little large, which makes them perfect for me, since I tend to run in between sizes.

Basically, awesome.

last year I was going to quit using them and did for a few cases of abena m-4's but when I switched back they had corrected the tape issues , my last 2 cases haven't had one bad tap in them. I also had a few stiff as cardboard ones last summer...I would guess that there was a batch of time where they had issues with quality control..glad it has been remedied.

OhHeyThere said:
I just thought this was worth mentioning...

So, tl;dr, Dry 24/7's are awesome imo, and it seems like they are overshadowed and underrated in the light of the AB/DL companies' products.

I wear Dry 24/7 all the time. They are great. They did have some tape issues a while back, but their newest version is way better. I can typically wear them for 6-8 hours. I find that regardless of the diaper, I am ready to change after about 6 or so hours. I just don't like being in a very wet diaper that long. Given their sizing is different, it did take me a little while to figure out how to tape it so it doesn't leak. But now, I am a big fan of the Dry 24/7. They are a lot thicker than most diapers, but the added protection is worth the lack of discretion imo.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the iD Slip PEs. I was going to give them a try since I loved the Tena Slip Maxis. Are they as good as those?

dd1983 said:
I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the iD Slip PEs. I was going to give them a try since I loved the Tena Slip Maxis. Are they as good as those?

Well, my initial impression is no not really. Absorbency, maybe, but idk about the comfort. But, I'm waiting for a day that I can fully test it, as I only have 2 more, and the first one I used, I had to take off long before I could give it a good field test.

The tapes on my last case of Dry 24-7s were very hit or miss. They do hold a lot, and I like the way they fit, but they would hold twice as much if the absorbent material wicked moisture like Abena M4s or Northshore Supremes. Anyway, there are better choices for me, but they may very well be the best choice for you.

Dry 24/7 was a major go-to diaper at one point, but it ran into a bad several batches after factory retooling a couple of years ago. I think they've gotten the bugs pretty much worked out; my last two orders have been fine. I'm a pretty big fan. It doesn't really replace Tena Slip Maxi for me, though, as it is MUCH thicker and more noticeable. Still working on that one. (Still have two cases left though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back