Has anyone noticed. . .? (Goodnites thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So recently I've been noticing that goodnites haven't been fitting me as well. I have older goodnites and they fit me just fine but the newer ones seem like they've gotten smaller. I know I've gotten a little bit bigger but not by much, I've only gained like 4 or 5 pounds, but that's neither here nor there, I got curious as to if they were actually getting smaller or not. So I took an old S/M sized goodnite I have from Pre-20% stretchier (Tinkerbelle ones) next to a pair of my L/XL sized ones (Post 20% stretchier.) And discovered that they're exactly the same dimensions. (Or there abouts) The only difference is the sketchiness of the sides. Now I haven't done any actual like scientific research into the size with like measurements and stuff, but I was just curious if anyone else noticed this? If this is true then Kimberly Clark is labeling S/M goodnites as L/XL. . . thoughts?

AddyShadows said:
If this is true then Kimberly Clark is labeling S/M goodnites as L/XL. . . thoughts?

It sounds like you are well on your way to forming a solid hypothesis and then testing it. Collect all your viable data and then you will be able to answer your question conclusively without clouding the issue with silly things like popular opinion. I would suggest gathering a sample of your products in question, pre and post stretchy, of both sizes and measuring them in the same repeatable manner. Maybe by cutting them down the sides and stretching them to their fullest extent on some board and anchoring the corners?

Share your results and some pictures!

Llayden said:
It sounds like you are well on your way to forming a solid hypothesis and then testing it. Collect all your viable data and then you will be able to answer your question conclusively without clouding the issue with silly things like popular opinion. I would suggest gathering a sample of your products in question, pre and post stretchy, of both sizes and measuring them in the same repeatable manner. Maybe by cutting them down the sides and stretching them to their fullest extent on some board and anchoring the corners?

Share your results and some pictures!

I may just have to do this, however goodnites at the moment are a bit scarce, so it may take time but I will take pictures of the results and such when I have a surplus.

I've got some of the older S/M and all the L/XL and wouldn't mind doing some ruler comparisons with photos. Just from fit I can say that the L/XL elastic are definitely not S/M sized, as S/M is a challenge to get on and they feel like they're right at elastic snapping point. The L/XL pants (and I assume S/M) have been made shorter, happened around 2013 or so.

I agree that the L/XL seem looser now than they used to be. The size seems the same, but it seems like the sides are so stretchy that they don't hold the diaper in place well. I loaded one up this morning and it was sagging big time.

Isn't it interesting that Goodnites hasn't had any real competition, a company that really wanted to make a much better and effective nighttime "protection" (diaper). Maybe they're out there as more serious, teen diapers and maybe parents have found them on line, but they sure aren't in grocery or drug stores.

dogboy said:
Isn't it interesting that Goodnites hasn't had any real competition, a company that really wanted to make a much better and effective nighttime "protection" (diaper). Maybe they're out there as more serious, teen diapers and maybe parents have found them on line, but they sure aren't in grocery or drug stores.

Underjams are competition for Goodnites.

chuck said:
Underjams are competition for Goodnites.

Hahahahahahahah! Oh wait....you were serious.

God I really miss the old Goodnites. I remember wearing the BMX and the Soccer designs from my childhood and they were awesome. So much better than the current ones. Whatever happened to the good old days?

AnimeDude892 said:
God I really miss the old Goodnites. I remember wearing the BMX and the Soccer designs from my childhood and they were awesome. So much better than the current ones. Whatever happened to the good old days?

Those weren't even the "good old days". The original plain white Goodnites that came in three sizes were wonderful. Of course they weren't as stretchy as they are today, but the XL size was pretty large (the current L/XL is actually a bit smaller than the original L). They were bulkier all the way around and more absorbent, without any of this "zoned protection" nonsense. The downfall started with the "trim fit" style in 2004 and they've continued downhill since. The designs are nice and all, but the product was MUCH better prior to 2004.

Llayden said:
Those weren't even the "good old days". The original plain white Goodnites that came in three sizes were wonderful. Of course they weren't as stretchy as they are today, but the XL size was pretty large (the current L/XL is actually a bit smaller than the original L). They were bulkier all the way around and more absorbent, without any of this "zoned protection" nonsense. The downfall started with the "trim fit" style in 2004 and they've continued downhill since. The designs are nice and all, but the product was MUCH better prior to 2004.

Judging by your reply, have you ever worn the original Goodnites? I think I've worn them when I was 4.
I've been searching for them every time I go to goodwill, but I've got no luck. Hopefully it will be there one day. I'm not gonna pay over $100.00 for the original Goodnites on Ebay. It's too expensive.
Also the BMX ones that I've worn back when I was 6 and I was a bed wetter at the time, it fits me comfortably when I first worn them, same thing goes to the soccer ones that I've worn them back in 2008 when I was 10.

AnimeDude892 said:
Judging by your reply, have you ever worn the original Goodnites? I think I've worn them when I was 4.
I've been searching for them every time I go to goodwill, but I've got no luck. Hopefully it will be there one day. I'm not gonna pay over $100.00 for the original Goodnites on Ebay. It's too expensive.
Also the BMX ones that I've worn back when I was 6 and I was a bed wetter at the time, it fits me comfortably when I first worn them, same thing goes to the soccer ones that I've worn them back in 2008 when I was 10.

I did, and rereading what I had written this morning, I did not mean to sound like I was trying to put your memories down. I apologize if it came off like that. I was just trying to convey how the quality had changed drastically from the originals to the first ones with designs. I did like the first series designs, they were quite groundbreaking in that regard. Before that there weren't any diapers that a teen/young adult/trim adult could fit into that had designs.

Quality for GoodNite products has continued to slip. Designs are all well and good, and they do seem to be getting better and more prominent, but the actual product seems to be getting worse. It would be a match made in heaven if they could combine the absorbency, thickness, and size of the original GoodNites with the stretchier sides of todays and some designs.

Llayden said:
I did, and rereading what I had written this morning, I did not mean to sound like I was trying to put your memories down. I apologize if it came off like that. I was just trying to convey how the quality had changed drastically from the originals to the first ones with designs. I did like the first series designs, they were quite groundbreaking in that regard. Before that there weren't any diapers that a teen/young adult/trim adult could fit into that had designs.

Quality for GoodNite products has continued to slip. Designs are all well and good, and they do seem to be getting better and more prominent, but the actual product seems to be getting worse. It would be a match made in heaven if they could combine the absorbency, thickness, and size of the original GoodNites with the stretchier sides of todays and some designs.

That would be awesome if they did that. I think that the Kroger Overnight Pull Ups are like the original Goodnites but in adult sized. I can still get the plain white goodnites, but it's the Kroger brand. But hey at least it's better than nothing.

AnimeDude892 said:
I think that the Kroger Overnight Pull Ups are like the original Goodnites but in adult sized.

They are NOTHING like any form of GoodNite past or present. However, they happen to be one of the best adult pull-ups available hands down. They are a rare breed. They have elastic leg gathers AND standing leak guards. They have a fairly decent amount of SAP in them making them one of the most absorbent adult pull-ups available. But, they are not exactly the best fitting things around and the elastic just isn't strong enough to wear them standing up. They do work pretty well as an overnight product though, if you're a back sleeper. Overall, they are by far the most absorbent thing you can get in a store in the US that doesn't specialize in incontinence products.

Llayden said:
They are NOTHING like any form of GoodNite past or present. However, they happen to be one of the best adult pull-ups available hands down. They are a rare breed. They have elastic leg gathers AND standing leak guards. They have a fairly decent amount of SAP in them making them one of the most absorbent adult pull-ups available. But, they are not exactly the best fitting things around and the elastic just isn't strong enough to wear them standing up. They do work pretty well as an overnight product though, if you're a back sleeper. Overall, they are by far the most absorbent thing you can get in a store in the US that doesn't specialize in incontinence products.

Oh OK. Just checking. And yes the Kroger Overnight Pull Ups were the best store brand pull ups ever. Very comfortable.
In fact i'm wearing one just a few minutes with a Goodnites Tru-fit pad on. It's wet right now, and holy shit it holds a lot with the pad on. It had tiny leaks, but it doesn't matter anyway.
It's still one of the best pull ups I've ever worn. I've worn it before and it's still awesome no matter what.

Here's the measurements I did on some USA Goodnites. There is some variation and it'd be best run with multiple samples for each size and average them. Don't have the energy to re-do it with multiples yet.

My conclusions:
* Elastic maximum stretch hasn't changed in L/XL size, the elastic had just been made to give way more easily. Still limited to same maximum waist size.
* Length (crotch to waist) has reduced as known, around 2013.
* S/M is about 4" narrower waist, and 2" or more shorter.

Code:
W = elastic stretched all the way out, measurement from very edges
L = folded, crotch to top back + crotch to top of front

L/XL

Year    W       L       L1      L2
2006    22      24      12      12      DryNites Fairies
DN      20.5    24      11.75   12.25   Butterflies, tie dye
2012    22      24.75   11.75   13      diagonal stripe bg.
2013    22      23.75   11.75   12      zebra print
2014    22      23.75   11.75   12      butterflies
2016    22      23.75   11.5    12.25   owl

S/M

Year    W       H       L1      L2
DN      16.5    20.5    10      10.5    DryNites fairies
Cind    18      22.5    11      11.5    Cinderella
2012    18      22      11      11      diagonal stripe bg.

I just got the new ones (owl) from amazon and they fit me better than the other goodnites (hearths)

A diaper cut open and tacked to a board is not a good look!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back