Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleIcePrince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Yep, I've been caught. Parents went through my room and found everything. Not sure what to do now. They seem Ok with it, but they seem to think that I have some sort of mental illness. I personally don't see the problem with it, and I am happy as is, but I don't think they are willing to accept this.
Anyways I have to get rid of a bunch of diapers and stuff... not sure what I should do.

Ragequit said:
Yep, I've been caught. Parents went through my room and found everything. Not sure what to do now. They seem Ok with it, but they seem to think that I have some sort of mental illness. I personally don't see the problem with it, and I am happy as is, but I don't think they are willing to accept this.
Anyways I have to get rid of a bunch of diapers and stuff... not sure what I should do.

Sorry to hear you've been caught. Are your parents making you get rid of the diapers, etc.? My mom thought I was crazy when she found my stuff many years ago. A lot of parents react that way. You could have a talk with your mom and explain to her what it is. You might take a refresher course by searching "Infantalism" on Wikipedia and "Understanding Infantalism" so you'll have a better understanding of what all this is. It would also help to frame and organize what you might want to say. That's what I did when I had to explain it to my wife, that and making a membership on this site.

Yeah, they want everything out. They also don't like the idea of me carrying on. I tried to convince them that I wasn't harming anybody or anything including myself. They want me to go see a therapist, they don't think it's healthy. I explained it to them rationally and without resorting to emotion but it just seems like their solution is "get rid of everything and try to refocus that energy. I have almost half a case of ABU stuff, molicares, some other expensive stuff and they want it all gone. It's a lot.

You should say since you made those purchases with your own hard earned money you are entitled to them.

Ragequit said:
Yeah, they want everything out. They also don't like the idea of me carrying on. I tried to convince them that I wasn't harming anybody or anything including myself. They want me to go see a therapist, they don't think it's healthy. I explained it to them rationally and without resorting to emotion but it just seems like their solution is "get rid of everything and try to refocus that energy. I have almost half a case of ABU stuff, molicares, some other expensive stuff and they want it all gone. It's a lot.

Hmm, that's rather a rough spot. I assume you're dependent on living with your parents as well. I'd suggest you agree to see a therapist (they're paying, right?) and ask them to wait on throwing stuff out. You can take a break, not use it for a while, but explain that it's expensive and you want to talk to the therapist and see what he says before you have to waste all that money. You can put everything in a storage box for a week or two, and then ask the therapist. You'll want to explain rationally to the therapist and listen to what they have to say. Ideally, the therapist can then explain to your parents why they're making a mistake making you get rid of everything once you've explained to them about how it helps you.

I would hide the stuff and say you got rid of it, that way both parties are happy, you can't kid yourself, alternatively to save your relationship is to go to the therapist and explain how you feel and see what he has to say for himself, he will often suggest ways around keeping your stuff and encouraging your parents to accept you.

There is nothing wrong with using the therapy for other things that concern you or you have difficulties with. Take the therapy anyway

My folks freaked out when they discovered my stash when i was in 6th grade. it remained taboo until i was able to move out.

life is so much better now.

Ragequit said:

Dude I am so sorry you have to deal with this. If you don't mind me being religious I want to include you in my prayers. Perhaps the Holy spirit has answers. I know I use my little side as a way to cope with anxiety and depression.

Hi Ragequit.

So sorry to hear that your parents have found your stuff.

And you know your family situation better than anybody else.

How ever be open and honest with them about the way it makes you feel when you regress.

Most parents just want the best for the children and discovering that they are an AB DL may come as a bit of a shock to them. So is understandable that you think you need therapy.

But don't we all need therapy that is.

I found with my son being open and honest is the best way forward.

Hope it all works out for you

If you have a car lock everything in the trunk.

Thank you all for your support, suggestions and prayers. I will keep you all updated as this progresses. It's stressful because we are going on vacation in a few days and moving as soon as we return. I suppose I am lucky that they didn't just evict me or something, but hopefully it turns out ok.

good luck!

Maaaaannn.... Some Parents :sad:
I told my mom today because she saw me getting big packages ...and asked me whats in there she would not mind if i would not tell her and i always lock my door ...but i told her today it was suuuuper unconftable but now its fine ...even better because i dont need to hide them anymore...i put them all in my dresser and its now our little secret we keep for us...she asked me about a Therapist but only if i want to because she thought i might want to know where that come from but i dont realy care and it feels like she takes more care about me... Hope everything turns out good for you and the therapist maybe support it :thumbsup:

It would be nice, but they seem to think that it's an addiction and something that is going to hinder me in the long term. I have managed to get myself a few different jobs, no career as of yet but I am working on it, and I'm in school. I don't have a girlfriend at present but I am trying to find the right person. They are treating it like a drug addiction or something, and I don't think I can convince them otherwise.

Thats a pretty bad spot u are in i would not give my stuff away or put it in the trash i wish i could help you... :sad:

Right now, they are urging me to bring EVERYTHING to goodwill this instant. The value of this is just too much. I would put everything in my car and store it there but I feel like they will check it. Anybody have any experience with storage lockers or something? I need to do something quick. Otherwise if you live in Colorado Springs area and you would like to help, I can give you a chunk or something.

Some good news. I sat down with my mom and showed her an article about AB/DL and cleared up some of the confusion. She is mostly concerned about how it will affect my future relationships, and I assured her that it is more a thing that I do alone, in private. I reaffirmed that it has nothing to do with pedophilia or any sexual attraction to children of any age. She is still concerned but I think her main worry is the size of my stash. I have a lot of diapers, mostly from thrift stores and some higher end that I ordered online or got from craigslist (A guy in my area usually has Molicares for $50-60 a case, and I got Abenas from another guy who had a whole bunch, $10 a bag. I do have many many packages, sizes from pull-ups 4t-5t all the way to XL, but most are my size). I think this is what concerned them the most. Anyways, it appears that she just wants me to control the amount I have at any one time as well as the smell and the chance that someone could discover this aspect of me. I would love to find a girlfriend who was aware of this kink/lifestyle and accepts it at the very least, but I should hope that a relationship would allow me to redirect a lot of the energy that I spend in this lifestyle.

I still feel like the best course of action is to keep everything private. I have had issues with bedwetting in the past, and still do very occasionally, but I feel that I need to keep it very private and to myself still. Even though they know, I really don't want this to come up a lot, and I certainly want to make them feel comfortable in their own home. When I move out, I still think I need to keep myself under control, so that I don't create problems for myself, but I think it might be a good idea to network with more people in my area around my age that are more like me (mostly trying to hide it from others, but comfortable with themselves)

Even though I got a lot off of my chest, I still fear what they think of me as a man. I hope it doesn't affect my future relationships, especially with them, but I think they are just glad that I have people to associate with and that I'm not doing drugs. It feels like I have done a lot but that I still have a lot of hoops to jump through.

Thanks for all of your support so far. I will continue to keep you all updated, now that I will probably need to confide in somebody from time to time.

As a side note, at least if I have advice on what kinds of diapers are best when they are in their golden years, they won't question that knowledge. No parents of mine will be wearing Prevail products for heavy incontinence lol.

Glad to see it turned out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back