Not open for further replies.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I just found a white "Mr. Fox" head at Marshall's for $30... the normal asking price for this online is $80.

The Jaw moves when you talk and it's pretty easy to see out of. It seems like it will fit a good amount of adult-sized heads since it easily fit over my sister's head and she almost never fits into store-bought hats.

This is a realistic fursuit head and the quality is excellent for the price. It rivals a few of the homemade ones I saw at the furry convention a few months back. The eyes are a little derpy (presumably so you can see out them easier) but that could probably be fixed with some extra mesh and a little glue.

If you're looking for a good-looking fursuit head and you're on a budget I really recommend checking your local Marshalls/TJ Maxx as they just got this item in for Halloween and it probably won't be there for very long.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

DO NOT BUY THIS HEAD!

Sorry, but this irks the ever living fuck out of me that people keep posting this head, the entire fandom sees it as a laughing stock. The quality is not good for the price. If I could find the video that a professional maker made that showed how poorly made it is, I would be posting it here. If anyone is considering buying this, again...DON'T DO IT! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SUPPORT THE FANDOM BY BUYING FROM A REAL MAKER AND NOT FROM SOME CRAPPY CHINESE COMPANY.

babymt said:
From somebody who knows nothing about being a furry, what's the difference? From an ABDL it sounds like buying depends over proper ABDL diapers. Each have their uses.

I'm genuinely interested and not meaning to be rude. Are there proper fandom professional makers and what are the differences? Thanks for helping a baby who has no idea about furries. [emoji85][emoji85]

The problem with this head is how low quality it is, I hate to see people encourage others to purchase something that is going to break. Fursuits are works of art and not something that should be mass produced out of a cheap factory. The thing about diapers is they are already all pretty cheap when compared to spending 300-4000 on a fursuit. People should be encouraged to save their money and get something that will not only last more than a week at most, but is something that will fit them better not only in terms of comfort, but in a personal way.

I think of it this way, you go to goodwill and see a good brand of diaper, Abena, Molicare ect... but they are not your size, you wear a small and these are an XL, you could buy them, they are $4 a pack, they would still serve their purpose, but in the end, it's not going to be worth it and just a waste of money, when you could save that money and get something that is better in every way.

Patience is the key here.

If it's $30 though, that's a lot closer to a halloween costume than a fursuit. If it lasts one or two parties, then you've pretty much got your money's worth out of it. I wouldn't expect it to last for even one con but could see it make an interesting costume. Also, getting a fursuit (or even just the head) made last minute is nigh impossible and usually costs a lot more. This could be temporary if you really needed a suit on short notice. I agree with everything else though, if somebody came up to me, I wouldn't recommend the cheap head or suit as they are (usually) lower quality.

It's the same with every hobby though. I wouldn't recommend a cheap computer to friends as the one next to it for just a little more will last much longer and be much more enjoyable to use. Every hobbyist will say the same thing for the same reasons.

FauxPas said:
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

DO NOT BUY THIS HEAD!

Sorry, but this irks the ever living fuck out of me that people keep posting this head, the entire fandom sees it as a laughing stock. The quality is not good for the price. If I could find the video that a professional maker made that showed how poorly made it is, I would be posting it here. If anyone is considering buying this, again...DON'T DO IT! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SUPPORT THE FANDOM BY BUYING FROM A REAL MAKER AND NOT FROM SOME CRAPPY CHINESE COMPANY.

I'm sorry, but not every furry can afford to slap down $800+ for a custom made one-of-a-kind head. I work an average of 12 hours a week at minimum wage, a "real" fursuit head is not in the cards for me at this moment.

And not every furry has the 3D art skills to make a fursuit head themselves, nor the time, nor the experience, nor the patience. I'm an art major. I flunked every single one of my 3D classes. Why would I waste time and effort making a fursuit head that probably won't turn out or fit right, since I've never made one before, when I can just buy one and build a costume off of it?

For a STORE-BOUGHT, INEXPENSIVE ITEM, the quality is good, especially if you're only planning on wearing it for a few hours at a time. I don't recommend it for doing fursuit dances or long routines but just for walking around? It seems like it will hold up. I only paid $28 for mine, I'm sure there are other places where you can get it for just as inexpensive.

Of course compared to a professionally artist-made furry head it's not going to compare. It's like trying to compare a Halloween costume princess dress to a professional couture princess gown -- you can't say "well this is cheaper so nobody should buy it!" because most people cannot afford or make a professionally coutured princess gown and have to settle for a substitute.

Serious business, huh Faux?

FeekaDimension said:
I'm sorry, but not every furry can afford to slap down $800+ for a custom made one-of-a-kind head. I work an average of 12 hours a week at minimum wage, a "real" fursuit head is not in the cards for me at this moment.

And not every furry has the 3D art skills to make a fursuit head themselves, nor the time, nor the experience, nor the patience. I'm an art major. I flunked every single one of my 3D classes. Why would I waste time and effort making a fursuit head that probably won't turn out or fit right, since I've never made one before, when I can just buy one and build a costume off of it?

For a STORE-BOUGHT, INEXPENSIVE ITEM, the quality is good, especially if you're only planning on wearing it for a few hours at a time. I don't recommend it for doing fursuit dances or long routines but just for walking around? It seems like it will hold up. I only paid $28 for mine, I'm sure there are other places where you can get it for just as inexpensive.

Of course compared to a professionally artist-made furry head it's not going to compare. It's like trying to compare a Halloween costume princess dress to a professional couture princess gown -- you can't say "well this is cheaper so nobody should buy it!" because most people cannot afford or make a professionally coutured princess gown and have to settle for a substitute.

And not every head costs 800+ dollars, my first fursuit partial cost me $300, it was great quality and lasted me 4 conventions before I sold it to another person and like I said the amount of use you will get out of it is not worth the cost in the end. It's fine if you want to use it for a one time halloween night, but don't encourage people to waste their money on something that won't last one day at a con. The quality is not good that's why it's $30, when I picked one up at the store, fur was falling off, it was flimsy and the hinge on the jaw felt like it was going to snap at any point. Even you went from your first post to back tracking on it, "Excellent" to "Good" and "Rivaled some of the heads I saw at a con" to "Compared to professional, it's not going to compare."

Final point, it is cheaply made and maybe okay for wear for anyone in need of a quick costume for halloween, but will not survive at a con. Do not waste your money on it. Do not encourage others who maybe looking at buying a suit to waste their money on cheaply made crap from china. Besides, not to be blunt, but furries are ASSHOLES, the thing I worry about is that newcomer to the fandom, wearing it to a con, being made fun of for it and then ending up on tumblr or some other website.

On your point of the dress, would you buy that cheaply made halloween store dress to wear at your wedding? Settle for a substitute right? No, this is why you save your money and buy something of QUALITY.

My point here is to not down the idea for a halloween evening, but for use at conventions.

- - - Updated - - -

boobybird89 said:
Serious business, huh Faux?

Only when someone is encouraging people to waste money on something for a convention. Don't get me wrong for halloween this thing would be fine, you could do things to it that you can't do to a real fursuit head, fake blood and stuff. But it irritates me when people go off and suggest that it is going to last through a con. Even calling it a fursuit head to start with is a big stretch.

EDIT: Because I am tired before I forget if price is really an issue on a suit before buying that monstrosity

http://www.thedealersden.com/
https://www.furbuy.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back