How to tell my girlfriend about my incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I've met someone recently who I really love and kind of want to get into something serious with, I think she does too through some conversations we've had. My one problem is that I have no idea how to tell her about my incontinence, we're both still quite young and I'm afraid that the stigma and relative immaturity might make her laugh at me, or want to break up! There've been a few times now where I've wet my nappy and had to suddenly run off, and she definitely suspects something. How should I tell her? I've held off more 'intimate' interactions to conceal my nappy-wearing from her and she's probably feeling a bit hurt by now.... :(

Derek just sit her down and say you have somthing important about a medical issue you have been dealing with for a while. Let her know you are being treated by a urologist for a bladder issue and your require protection for when your bladder acts up.
Telling people is hard some times but if she really loves you having she should understand your need to wear diapers, let he know how much she means to you and you want to keep no secrets from her.

Most people understand and accept we need diapers, we don't want to be in them but for some of us we have no choice.

Good luck and I hope all goes well when you have your talk. All will be ok and it's better to tell her then keep her in the dark as she is already thinking there's an issue.

Derek, I told the woman who later became my wife when we first started dating at 19. I'm 45, and we celebrate our 23rd anniversary in August. The thing is, love will see beyond the issues like incontinence and will work it out. The thing to remember with all of this is that a person is a package deal--you don't just get to pick the good sides that you adore and ignore the little things that annoy you. If she does love you, she'll see beyond the need for a nappy and appreciate that you're thinking about how she'll feel about it. At 19, is it quite possible for someone to be mature enough to see past things like this.

Update: I've told her, and it turns out she already pretty much knew! I guess I didn't exactly make it subtle. She seems fine with it, and I'm pleasantly surprised! Though she did tease me a little, I think she was just trying to be playful, it didn't seem malicious.

Hi Derek
Glad it worked out now you can relax and not stress about having to wear and change when she is around.

Yeah it's great, I met up with her today in a cafe and she was so considerate, I had an accident and she could clearly tell, but she didn't judge or anything, she just let me rush off for a change no questions asked :)

I am really glad that worked out for you. A little bit of teasing if good, might just be her way of breaking the ice with a serious issue. I wish I had as much success as you seem to be having anytime i have brought up the issue with a girl, and I only need tham at night. All the best

I was honest with my significant other from the beginning. Honesty is always best

derek245 said:
Update: I've told her, and it turns out she already pretty much knew! I guess I didn't exactly make it subtle. She seems fine with it, and I'm pleasantly surprised! Though she did tease me a little, I think she was just trying to be playful, it didn't seem malicious.

Proves she is a keeper. My wife has no problem with my incontinence and dependency on nappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back