Texas Furry Fiesta 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
It was brought to my attention earlier today, that I haven't shared the information for Texas Furry Fiesta (TFF) 2016.

For anyone that's interested in going, here's some of the information that will allow you to register for the convention itself, and will give you a peak at the schedule, and some of the cub / diaperfur / babyfur / ABDL specific stuff that will be happing.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I was always told that TFF has the second highest baby fur population, after Rainfurrest (RF). Now that RF might be gone, it's possible that TFF now has the biggest population. The majority of the staff is cubs. It was really an amazing experience to get to attend last year. It was my first con.

Texas Furry Fiesta is March 11-13, 2016. At the InterContinental Dallas Hotel. 15201 Dallas Pkwy Dallas, TX 75001

Here's a link to the TFF Website with their information about where and when, and how to register: https://www.furryfiesta.org

Schedule of Convention events: https://furryfiesta2016.sched.org

Cub Hub Rules: https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6496408/

Cub Hub Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...NRFyig/pubhtml

Cub Corral: http://furryfiesta2016.sched.org/eve...the-cub-corral

Reactions: Cereal
Well, considering I'm the one that asked at first, I guess I'll be the one to start the comments :)

I've never been to any type of con, but Dallas is close enough to make the drive. While I'm not a furry, I have nothing against my furry pals. I'm more interested AB/DL type things. How out of place would someone with only my natural body fur be? Hahahah.

BabyCorry said:
Well, considering I'm the one that asked at first, I guess I'll be the one to start the comments :)

I've never been to any type of con, but Dallas is close enough to make the drive. While I'm not a furry, I have nothing against my furry pals. I'm more interested AB/DL type things. How out of place would someone with only my natural body fur be? Hahahah.

You'll be fine. Seriously. The con is for furries & furry friendly people. Some wear fursuits, but that's only a small population. Most will just be walking around in their normal clothes & human forms. There's lots of people that aren't furries that attend.

It's even something that parents in the area will bring their children too. There will be thousands of people there. A couple hundred will be wearing fursuits. Kids love the suits.

It's fun. It's a big social gathering. You'll have fun, furry or not. Many of the cub / babyfur / diaperfur / etc are ABDL's. You'll fit in. Who knows. You might even join the fandom. I'll admit I'm a sucker for the art & fursuits. I love Halloween, so I'm naturally drawn to costumes. I really like the art too.

Furries are known for their art. Many artists will be there, & most people will be walking around with their art badges on. The badge will show the representation of their furry self.

But yeah, I met lots of people that were at the con to hang out & weren't truly furries themselves.

Thanks for the info. Now I need to see if I can find the time and money... cuz you've got me interested. Dallas is a reasonable drive from Austin. I get off work Friday at 5:30. I suppose I could be by 10:00 and enjoy a bit of the night and see what Saturday and Sunday bring.

Might be time to see what hotels are nearby and where I can find a deal on a room. I'd guess on short notice and not knowing or having ever even been I could luck into splitting the bill and sharing a room with someone.

cant wait for tff ^^

BabyCorry said:
Thanks for the info.

Might be time to see what hotels are nearby and where I can find a deal on a room. I'd guess on short notice and not knowing or having ever even been I could luck into splitting the bill and sharing a room with someone.

No problem. Yeah you should come. It's fun. If you have a Fur Affinity account or another Furry social media account, you might be able to find a roommate in time. I'm not sure if there's anywhere to find others quickly. Only place I've seen people asking for help with rides / rooms has been on Fur Affinity so far.

I'm staying in the Courtyard, it's one of the overflow hotels. It's across a parking lot from the main hotel, just to the east of the main one. Perfect walking distance. There's a bunch of places to eat in walking distance as well.

Hopefully you can find a roommate before hand. I have heard of people showing up & trying to find roommates before hand. Not sure how that went for them.

Here's a journal from someone I follow on FA. Note sure if they still need people, or if the spots have been filled.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7405207/

Twiz said:
cant wait for tff ^^

You going too? Did we get to meet last year? Did you go last year? I was on overload. I can only remember a few of the people I met.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops. Forgot the link for the hotel information.

https://www.furryfiesta.org/hotel/

I'm looking forward to being at TFF this year - for the first time in several years, it doesn't clash horribly with my schedule.

Near and I will be there and very interested in meeting other ADISC members. In years past, I've had several come by my apartment one of the nights to chat, stroll about Dallas's gay district, and get dinner; we'll gauge interest at the con and try to figure a night to do that again.

i might have idk i was in a calico cat picking on tavi a bit :p ... im gonna be either in a calico cat of a pink/ purple snow leapurd suit this year.

Fruitkitty said:
I'm looking forward to being at TFF this year - for the first time in several years, it doesn't clash horribly with my schedule.

Near and I will be there and very interested in meeting other ADISC members. In years past, I've had several come by my apartment one of the nights to chat, stroll about Dallas's gay district, and get dinner; we'll gauge interest at the con and try to figure a night to do that again.

Last year, was that Dallas's gay district that we went too, to eat at? I haven't really been to any gay districts before, so I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Twiz said:
i might have idk i was in a calico cat picking on tavi a bit :p ... im gonna be either in a calico cat of a pink/ purple snow leapurd suit this year.

Tavi needs to be picked on. :p

lols he is a sweety

He freaked me out when I first met him last year. Turned out to be a funny story. But yeah, he seriously scared me.

Mattew said:
Last year, was that Dallas's gay district that we went too, to eat at? I haven't really been to any gay districts before, so I'm not exactly sure what that means.

No, we went to a neighborhood with some good food options.

Dallas's gay district has a heavy concentration of gay bars, shops clearly selling things aimed at gay people, lots of rainbow flags, and lots of gay people. It's often quite lively on weekends.

Ahh ok. Thanks

Tavi owes me shortalls. May never get them since I can't go. But you all have fun.

Oceltot said:
Tavi owes me shortalls. May never get them since I can't go. But you all have fun.

Yes he does. But he isn't going to TFF this year either, so you wouldn't have gotten them.

I'm going to have to check this out next year
looks like a lot of fun

puppymolson said:
I'm going to have to check this out next year
looks like a lot of fun

You should. It's a lot of fun. And with the large cub population there, the staff members that are cubs, cub specific panels, and welcoming atmosphere; it's really nice to go too. You don't have to worry about anything. Like I've said before, they gave out "crinkle" ribbons last year for DL / diaperfur / cub / baby fur / AB / etc can help identify each other quicker. You'd just put the ribbon on your ID badge. People had art badges on as well, that was very obvious they were cubs. Diapers in the art were normal. People would talk about how cute they were (people that weren't cubs). I was really embarrassed to wear my badges at first. I slowly started to, and realize that no one was going to be mean about them. It was really nice.

Dang... I wish I knew about this earlier. Going to be out of town for south by Southwest in Austin. Is this a yearly event? Would like to go next year.

DprEffect said:
Dang... I wish I knew about this earlier. Going to be out of town for south by Southwest in Austin. Is this a yearly event? Would like to go next year.

Yes. It's a yearly event. I'm not sure about the date for next year tho. That'll probably be decided by the staff this next week. Last year it was in February. I'm guess they pushed it back, because there was some nasty winter weather that came in on that last day of the convention.

As soon as I know something, I'll try to post here to give everyone a head's up about next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back