Tena cloth sides and Molicare cloth sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottedLion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was doing rigorous scientific testing (casual wearing bounded by work hours) and discovered why my experience with the new Tena Slip Maxi wasn't as good as my experience with the Molicare Comfort Super, both of which have those plastic centers and cloth sides.

Has anyone who's tried the new Tena found that the tapes don't quite reach the plastic? With the Molicare, the tapes are well onto the plastic, so you've got the cloth sides and the good sticking of the plastic. On me, the tapes on the Tena kinda sorta almost reach the part where the cloth turns into plastic. If I make it really tight I can get it, but then the tapes are under too much pressure and tend to pop off.

XP Medical has a Tena that has velcro-like "tape". (I understand the Walgreens brand has this too.) It just seems like the Slip Maxi was designed in some tape technology limbo, where they want the velcro stuff that sticks well to cloth but just haven't changed the machining to actually put the velcro stuff on. Otherwise, I can't see why they'd make the part that the tape is supposed to go on not stick properly.

How are the Molicare Comfort Super, I was unsure about those cloth sides?
I don't like cloth back at all.

The Comfort Super is decent. Smells more than the Tena, though, which I don't understand (since the plastic extends further).

I really liked the comfort super for discreet wear and during the hot summer months.

with the tena anyway, it doesn't seem to matter if the tape doesn't get to the plastic. They seem to stick and stay on the cloth. But the cloth stretches over time. Which is weird because it doesn't stretch initially when you pull on it when diapering up. But after an hour it's sagging. And with those short leak guards, that's a problem.

Superemt said:
I really liked the comfort super for discreet wear and during the hot summer months.

I'm thinking of using them for that purpose, now that summer is coming up.

bambinod said:
with the tena anyway, it doesn't seem to matter if the tape doesn't get to the plastic. They seem to stick and stay on the cloth. But the cloth stretches over time. Which is weird because it doesn't stretch initially when you pull on it when diapering up. But after an hour it's sagging. And with those short leak guards, that's a problem.

I've been having problems with the tape staying stuck to the fabric. Most of the time they stay put, sometimes they just fall off after a couple hours. I have noticed the stretching, but it hasn't been so bad on me because I wear underwear over the diaper most of the time.

bambinod said:
But after an hour it's sagging. And with those short leak guards, that's a problem.

Yaaaaa, that is so not going to work for me!
Sometimes I'm a lump when I sleep and don't move at all, other nights, I'm all over the place and on my sides or stomach.

I know I move around in my sleep, because the covers are always off and I'm cold, but I manage to end up in the same spot. I wouldn't use the Tena for serious overnight. The times I have it's loosey goosey city (and sometimes tapes resticking to the covers).

SpottedLion said:
The times I have it's loosey goosey city (and sometimes tapes resticking to the covers).

Assuming you know where the tapes belong, try removing any of the blue tapes before taping on, and also cut of the pull. that'll leave you with just the white tape, with nothing to drag and get pulled up.

Molicare Super Comfort are a poor idea, like many newer clothlikes with sticky tapes on cloth side panels, the tapes pull off the rear panel too. I put a staple through the tapes were they are attached to the rear and use white duct tape to create tape landing zones on the front. One tape at the top across the whole width and two more for the lower ones at the sides. After the mods these diapers do hold a ton of pee! More than the Super Plus with out pressing out due to their superior SAP content.
Molicare Super Air Active Premium are very similar, the tapes hold well without duct tape but still need stapling to the back sheet. A better diaper IMHO.
I have become a fan of both the new Molicare diapers now that I have learned how to get them to stay on all night and their in the lower cost range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back