Bed Wetting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy46

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi guys,

So i recently started to bed wet and the problem is that unless i double up on diapers i will leak all over the place, like last night for instance. I wore a bambino and woke up with a soaked diaper AND A soaked shirt/mattress. The problem is that im 6 foot 4 240lbs and when i flood a diaper i freaking flood like its the apocalypse. Im just curious what you guys do to prevent this, ie double up? Booster pads? plastic pants? And product recommendations or thing to try?

Thanks

I just protect the mattress from leaks with a good fitted pad over a good fitted waterproof cover, if you wet sooner or later your going to leak, why chance it.

and my bedwetting has increased tenfold in the last year or two, I wet just about every night now.

Yeah just follow the above advice you should do just fine and keep your chin up it happens to the best of us! And good luck with it all.

You're going to need to start watching your fluid intake. More in = more out.

Don't go dehydrating yourself, but dial back your drinking when you're within ~3-4 hours of going to bed. You may be used to downing a few beers while watching that last show before bed, things like that are what you will need to cut back on. Make it 1 beer instead of 2 etc. Don't not drink, just drink less. That alone may be the only step you need to take.

Diaper leaks are very difficult to prevent entirely, but you can take other simple steps (like not filling past capacity, as above) to greatly reduce the odds. Stuffers can help, but you can also look at other options like a mattress pad, or switching to cloth diapers and rubber pants if necessary. (they tend to be the better choice for heavy overnight incontinence, and are more economical in the long-run) You can also try setting an alarm for 2am or somewhere in the middle of the night to get up and change if needed.

I'd strongly recommend a waterproof mattress cover to protect your mattress if it's still ok now, that goes under your bedsheet.

bambinod said:
I'd strongly recommend a waterproof mattress cover to protect your mattress if it's still ok now, that goes under your bedsheet.

This is extremely solid advice I wish I would have taken earlier. I destroyed my freshman dorm's mattress last year but learned my lesson this past year.

Haha nice, but im curious as to how you did that in a dorm, with room mates and such, did they know about your situation or no? Also in reply to other post, i guess i could get something like that but it would be nice if diapers did their job XD :(
On a side note my bed wetting is by choice rather than the typical issue, i find that if i dont drink enough i dont have to go mid night, and if i drink too much then ill cause the next great flood. I think what ill do is get some sort of cover but my second question is do i have to wash the cover every time or can i just whipe it off with Clorox whipes and be on my way?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Tranquility-TopLiner-Booster-Contour-Inserts/dp/B000FCD99M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431397207&sr=8-3&keywords=booster+pads+for+adult+diapers

Not sure about your side note, my wetting isn't by choice necessarily.

My freshman year was kinda miserable because I never told my roommate that year. I barely slept, I would always clean up and do everything before he would wake up. To my knowledge, he never knew about it.

I had a different roommate sophomore year, one of my best friends from freshman year, who I told everything to: bedwetting, DL, Little, and he was super cool with it, even supportive (he was super vulnerable with me in return and told me about his weird stuff, too). In the interest of his dignity, I didn't outright flaunt this part of me, but it was very comforting knowing he wasn't judging me because he has enough crap in his own life that he doesn't pretend he's better than me (breaking Christian stereotypes, hooray!). I'm staying with this roommate and picking up two more for next year. One I've already told about bedwetting/DL/Little and he's cool with it, too, and he also shared with me the weird crap in his life, too.

What I learned was transparency was key to a better living situation and that all this doesn't define me (hence my signature :) )

Ah very nice, yeah transparency is the key to a better living situation... but idk im to shy i guess you could say when it comes to telling people i know about my personal interest, i want to but i'm too self conscious. My current room mates, myself and 3 others share a 4 bedroom town-home,dont know about my kink but i am a bit paranoid and wonder if they can hear me taking the tapes off?? do the suspect anything? can they smell the piss?? ect. What college are you going to? im at UCI right now, finishing up my 3rd year :D

I PM'd you because this is now becoming a conversation between you and I :)

thatguy46 said:
Ah very nice, yeah transparency is the key to a better living situation... but idk im to shy i guess you could say when it comes to telling people i know about my personal interest, i want to but i'm too self conscious. My current room mates, myself and 3 others share a 4 bedroom town-home,dont know about my kink but i am a bit paranoid and wonder if they can hear me taking the tapes off?? do the suspect anything? can they smell the piss?? ect. What college are you going to? im at UCI right now, finishing up my 3rd year :D

To answer one of your questions, if you get a plastic/vinyl mattress cover, all you have to do is wipe it off. I have one of the cloth like, plastic covers on my bed and it also wipes off. I really haven't had a leaking problem because I wear a thick cloth diaper over my Goodnite diaper and I use plastic pants. I was going to suggest this set up to you, disposable diaper with cloth over it and plastic pants, but then I saw you were in a dorm like situation.

Since you are not incontinent, I think your best solution is to cut back on liquid intake, even though you want to be able to wet. I'm not incontinent either, and I like to wake up wet in the morning, but I'm not living in a dorm. There's just me and my wife and she supports my little side. Eventually you will graduate from college and then you should have more options. Until then, I would cut back and avoid getting discovered.

Sheik said:
I PM'd you because this is now becoming a conversation between you and I :)

ugh... it wont let me send a pm, i can read but i cant send because im not an "established contributor" -_- i got -rep a few years ago that is now preventing me from actually being apart of the community... do you have any other for of communication? lol this is sad :/

thatguy46 said:
ugh... it wont let me send a pm, i can read but i cant send because im not an "established contributor" -_- i got -rep a few years ago that is now preventing me from actually being apart of the community... do you have any other for of communication? lol this is sad :/

Ah. Couldn't tell you. I'd rather not have another way of communicating outside of ADISC itself, but... I'm a rising junior at a small Christian college outside Chicago.

ah ok, i understand lol i guess ill PM you when i reach established contributor status :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back