Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
May is here, and that means Mother's Day. Fortunately for me, that means a trip to buy a gift for my mother and an opportunity to get in a store alone and conceal what I've bought, so diapers are on my shopping list.

Lately my go-to padding off a store shelf has been the Always Discreet pull-ups. Formerly I bought baby diapers and stuffed them in my underwear. It's been a while since I've done that - I've saved one Huggies and one Pull-Up training pant as collectibles of sorts - and I've got a bit of a hankering for it again. I need to choose wisely; next chance to buy in-store won't be until the end of September. I don't know if I want Huggies or Luvs (or if I should just stick with adult pull-ups). I'd like to try the Huggies Overnites but I think the Walmart where I'll be going only carries them in big packs. :/

I've always wondered how well even petite adults can fit into even the large baby diapers. I picture this little square of padding in the front and back, with very overstretched sides barely making it around the hips, looking like they could split at any moment, and possibly send them flying across the room.

That, and the lower designed capacity making them not too practical either, just "diapered to be diapered" and not really usable. (and I agree with that use, sometimes I wear with no intention of using, I just wanna be padded, and admittedly, being in a real baby diaper has a certain attraction to it)

What's your experience been with baby diapers? (or others feel free to share their experiences too!) If nothing else, they're cetainly cheaper than the decent adult diapers!

bambinod said:
I've always wondered how well even petite adults can fit into even the large baby diapers. I picture this little square of padding in the front and back, with very overstretched sides barely making it around the hips, looking like they could split at any moment, and possibly send them flying across the room.

That, and the lower designed capacity making them not too practical either, just "diapered to be diapered" and not really usable. (and I agree with that use, sometimes I wear with no intention of using, I just wanna be padded, and admittedly, being in a real baby diaper has a certain attraction to it)

What's your experience been with baby diapers? (or others feel free to share their experiences too!) If nothing else, they're cetainly cheaper than the decent adult diapers!

Oh, I'm far too large to actually wear baby diapers. I stuff them inside my underwear.

I've found that Huggies and Luvs can hold one decent wetting if you let it out slowly. I have some premium adult diapers, but I use them sparingly because it's kind of hard for me to get ahold of them - living at home with nosy parents, no credit card, no job. Baby diapers are cheap, readily available, and... babyish, so they kinda have their own niche.

When they are used as pads, toddler diapers absorb at least as much as the adult retail products. So for adults, Pampers and Huggies are a legitimate option when combined with a standard cotton brief.

I'm a petite person and I can get the largest sizes on, but they don't "fit" well enough to be effective alone

they make decent booster inserts for overnight diapers if you can't get a hold on pads designed for it

KimbaStarshine said:
I'd like to try the Huggies Overnites but I think the Walmart where I'll be going only carries them in big packs. :/

Yeah, I've found that to be the case at Target as well--the nighttime diapers being sold by the box only. Sometimes that's only true of size 6, though, and size 5 and below are still available in bags. If that's true, I'd say get the size 5 diapers and be happy. Tucked into undies, the difference between 5 and 6 probably won't be noticeable.

What other stores are around, though?

Cottontail said:
What other stores are around, though?

I've seen bags of the Overnites at Rite Aid, but I have to get my mom a Mother's Day present too, and she'd wonder why she had to take me to Rite Aid. The last time I went to Target for baby diapers in 2014 - I walked one day when my parents weren't home - the only bags of size 6 diapers they seemed to carry were Pampers.

Plus Walmart has self-checkouts where I can double-bag my padding myself, no awkward dealings with a cashier.

To be honest I find baby diapers can hold quite a bit, plus they smell nice and have nice designs on them. Also to make them fit better there's something called ConvertUps which gives extensions on the diaper

At some point while surfing on Tumblr, I saw that someone had made a reusable belt that allowed adults to fit the bigger sizes of baby diapers. The design was pretty well done too, making it easy to change the used diapers in an out while still remaining stable.

But even when I was 14-15 I managed to squeeze into and use Pampers size 7 quite often. They didn't fit like a proper diaper of course, but they still worked. I did this by peeling away the cloth outer layer from the stretchy elastic of the side wings, holding the tapes to the front panel firmly between my thumbs, and slowly pulling them up inch by inch. It took a bit of time, but at that stage of my AB/DLism all I wanted to do was wear real baby diapers.

Yeah they're now known as ConvertUps and the person has his own website and gets a lot of orders

KimbaStarshine said:
Oh, I'm far too large to actually wear baby diapers. I stuff them inside my underwear.

I've found that Huggies and Luvs can hold one decent wetting if you let it out slowly. I have some premium adult diapers, but I use them sparingly because it's kind of hard for me to get ahold of them - living at home with nosy parents, no credit card, no job. Baby diapers are cheap, readily available, and... babyish, so they kinda have their own niche.

Don't worry I'm the same way i can't fit in baby diapers but I found a very good way of getting them to fit these have done wonders for me from size 5 diapers to 4t-5t Pull-ups they come in different colors and are adjustable, I really try to tell as many people about them it's a wonderful product

Screenshot_2016-05-03-07-57-50.jpg

I ended up picking up a pack of Huggies. The Snug and Drys they have at Walmart are called ''Ultra'' and are supposed to be better than regular ones, if you can believe that. Like I thought, they only carry Overnites in big boxes.

KimbaStarshine said:
I ended up picking up a pack of Huggies. The Snug and Drys they have at Walmart are called ''Ultra'' and are supposed to be better than regular ones, if you can believe that. Like I thought, they only carry Overnites in big boxes.

Sweet I hope they work out for you let us know how they hold up

bambinod said:

I'm small enough to fit into pampers, Huggies pull ups and drynites age 4-7 too, saying that I also fit into age 10 leggings and stuff, but I can also use them, pampers are very affective

KimbaStarshine said:

Hope you enjoy 'em. I noticed the other day that my local Safeway grocery store has started carrying Overnites 6 again, but like Walmart, they only carry the boxes. Poop. And I don't have a Babies 'R' Us near me anymore, so there goes that option. :frown: I refuse to order Pampers or Huggies online.

bambinod said:

You've probably heard my answer to this a gazillion times, so I'm mostly responding for the others who've only heard it half a dozen times--I might grant a whole dozen. :)

I had easy access to baby diapers throughout my entire childhood, and used them to indulge my DL side pretty much from age six onward. That may be a factor in why I've never really lost my affinity for baby diapers, despite that their "fit" and performance leave much--sometimes everything!--to be desired. There's a fetishy thing there that just doesn't mind, and in fact prefers to know that I'm using an actual baby product. I've got adult products that I also like, but they exist in a parallel dimension. :)

...so this has had me constantly playing with different ways of wearing and using baby diapers--which, except for certain Pampers, are totally unwearable without mods, use in underwear, etc. I'll be the first to admit, having been an active member of the community for a number of years now, that mine is a somewhat uncommon take on baby diapers. But there it is anyway!

Cottontail said:
Hope you enjoy 'em. I noticed the other day that my local Safeway grocery store has started carrying Overnites 6 again, but like Walmart, they only carry the boxes. Poop. And I don't have a Babies 'R' Us near me anymore, so there goes that option. :frown: I refuse to order Pampers or Huggies online.

I suffered a fairly substantial leak this morning but should have known better than to try to release a large share of an overnight bladder - even though it didn't feel that full - in a baby diaper.

ram15l said:
Don't worry I'm the same way i can't fit in baby diapers but I found a very good way of getting them to fit these have done wonders for me from size 5 diapers to 4t-5t Pull-ups they come in different colors and are adjustable, I really try to tell as many people about them it's a wonderful product

View attachment 26136

How well do those work? Are they tight enough for a 32" waist?

I'm starting to think I should have gotten Luvs. All three that I've worn so far have leaked on me, and it's not like I'm holding my pee all day and flooding it. I just don't remember Huggies being this leaky.

Ok. time to swing my expertise here xD. to a extent. before i had the funds or guts to order adult dips i used goodnights and baby diapers. i myself have bought luvs, huggies overnights, and goodnights ( both girls and boys and both xl and sm ) BUT i worked overnight maintenance shift at walmart and i got smart at learning everyones patterns and managed to find a perfect window from 2am to 3am that i can browse the baby isle and manage to sneak a pack to a no camera zone to take a few out. i had a huge jacket i could stuff about 3 or 4 diapers in without it being obvious. thanks to this i generally learned a decent portion of diaper options. :p so throughout my testings. the absolute cheapest baby diapers are Luvs but they have the lowest capacity of what ive tried. they can hold 1 med wetting at absolute best, huggies snug and dry are next, i dont remember pricing on these but the performance honestly wasnt much better then the luvs at all. i was pretty disappointed. Pampers baby dry, again i dont remember pricing but generally huggies and pampers keep neck and neck on price, but these did overall alot better holding and they had the bonus of having a super strong baby powder smell and i loved it. now imo the best baby diaper ive tried is hands down huggies overnights. i bought a box on a whim after work and wow. they can manage to hold 1 super large wetting or 2 medium wettings. for a baby diaper i was and still am super impressed and i use them as stuffers all the time. i can easily say that overnights are the best baby diaper available. ive also tried easy ups pull ups and such but i barely fit in those so ill exclude them, they arent worth your money thats all you need to know lol. and for goodnights, everyone here knows everything about them already xD. hopefully this helps you out. any questions feel free to ask but yea, ciao :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back