Comficare alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmium

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been lurking here for a while, but now i need some advice i can't otherwise get in my environment.... :p

I'm a big fan of the Comficares - They're by far the best diapers i've worn. So naturally i'm in a bit of a bind.

I just opened up my last pack (i don't wear often, one or two times a week), and i realized i don't have an alternative to use.

The problem is - I don't really like printed diapers. I'm not an AB, and i don't really want to compromise on that, so printed diapers are pretty much out. I tried the Rearz Incontrol, but they're kinda meh, the plastic is strange and they're way thinner (no stuffing/wicking thing inside) than the Comficares.

I do occasionally use Abena L4's, but they're a very different animal (and they fit me less comfortably than the comficares).

Incontrol+
I'm not sure the Incontrol+ will be the solution either (same plastic i presume), but i can't get my hands on those untill after March (living in Europe).

I don't particularly like the Incontrols (the normal thin ones i mean), so i wonder whether the + version will be any good. They do have a good fit though (very similar to the comficares). Can anyone with experience tell me how the Incontrol+ compares to the Comficare? As in, the feel of the plastic, thickness, absorption etc.

ABU Simple
I have heard a lot of good things about the ABU Space diapers, so in the same vein i'm waiting for the ABU Simples to become available here...

However, i also don't see a lot of clear-cut reviews of that one. I've read comments where they are 'worse than the Space diaper' (which should be identical in everything except the print), nor do i know how they compare to the Comficares.

I'm not looking for an identical replacement (that's just idle hope), but i do hope that there's a diaper that at least comes very close in fit, plastic, noise , thickness and absorption. Tapes aren't a dealbreaker for me, as i use ducttape anyway (i don't trust tapes in general).

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should i wait for the Rearz Incontrol+ and ABU Simple to become available here?

That said, i've heard a lot of good things about the Space one, and it doesn' look too baby-ish.... I might give it a try if there's nothing else.

if you want a plain white diaper, not even a "medical look" like say the Abena Xplus have, there are a few alternatives:
- ABU Simple is very good. it's the same construction as the new Space diaper, and has fairly unanimous positive reviews. they have a very wide crotch.
- Tykables Tighty Whities are also very nice. they go for higher sap and a thinner diaper when dry than the ABU. they are the same construction as their Waddler Overnights but in an all-white shell
- Bambino Bianco is the same construction as their patterened Classico and Teddy (one of my favorites) You may like the Teddy even though you're looking for no markings, it's a very lightweight design that's mostly transparent. Bambino diapers are similar in many ways to ABU, but with a slightly narrower crotch.
- Northshore's Air Supreme are also all-white. the exterior is clothlike for slightly quieter wear. Their regular Supremes are also all white. iirc, both of these have a wetness indicator stripe down the centerline though. The others above have NO wetness indicators.
- WellnessBriefs have the Superio, which has a bit less capacity and no front/rear elastic, though they're priced higher than their performance would suggest.
- XPMedical has the Abosorbency Plus line, in capacities of "3" and "4". Unlike all the above, they have NO leak guards. Like the superio, they also have no front/rear elastic. But they do have a very large coverage area and very fast absorption and wicking that negates the need for leak guards for many users. The outer shell is also a silky smooth plastic. There is microdot printing on the shell that will blur blue when wet, but it's fairly discrete. These are priced very reasonably, though I would suggest the level 4's for most users.

There are a few other all-white shell diapers available in lower class diapers such as the medium Breeyo etc. I've just covered the high and superhigh capacity diapers that I know of.

Hey! I am in the exact same pickle as you! I LOOOOVED Comficare, they were my favourite :(!!
And you know, I found the absolute perfect substitute, and they are even cheaper than Comficare! MyDiaper Nacht Weiss! (here's a link to Save-Express site http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...mydiaper-windel-nacht-gr.l-weiss-10er-packung ) They have the exact same cut, same kind of blue distribution zone, tapes, front panel (landing zone) and plastic is pretty much the same!

I am a Little, and just like the look of prints so I usually order the print version (MyDipaer Colour or Animals) and have not tried the colourless ones yet but... they are the same diaper, without a doubt :p Give them a try?

Thanks for the suggestions!

@bambinod, all of those options aren't really available in Europe - Yet, anyway. I will be trying the ABU Simple when they come, maybe i'll order a pack of Spaces just to try... Very curious about them.

@TyphaHare that sounds awesome... Have you laid them on top of each other? I may just order those (Europe availability!) :)

bambinod said:
if you want a plain white diaper, not even a "medical look" like say the Abena Xplus have, there are a few alternatives:
- ABU Simple is very good. it's the same construction as the new Space diaper, and has fairly unanimous positive reviews. they have a very wide crotch.
- Tykables Tighty Whities are also very nice. they go for higher sap and a thinner diaper when dry than the ABU. they are the same construction as their Waddler Overnights but in an all-white shell
- Bambino Bianco is the same construction as their patterened Classico and Teddy (one of my favorites) You may like the Teddy even though you're looking for no markings, it's a very lightweight design that's mostly transparent. Bambino diapers are similar in many ways to ABU, but with a slightly narrower crotch.
- Northshore's Air Supreme are also all-white. the exterior is clothlike for slightly quieter wear. Their regular Supremes are also all white. iirc, both of these have a wetness indicator stripe down the centerline though. The others above have NO wetness indicators.
- WellnessBriefs have the Superio, which has a bit less capacity and no front/rear elastic, though they're priced higher than their performance would suggest.
- XPMedical has the Abosorbency Plus line, in capacities of "3" and "4". Unlike all the above, they have NO leak guards. Like the superio, they also have no front/rear elastic. But they do have a very large coverage area and very fast absorption and wicking that negates the need for leak guards for many users. The outer shell is also a silky smooth plastic. There is microdot printing on the shell that will blur blue when wet, but it's fairly discrete. These are priced very reasonably, though I would suggest the level 4's for most users.

There are a few other all-white shell diapers available in lower class diapers such as the medium Breeyo etc. I've just covered the high and superhigh capacity diapers that I know of.

Thanks for the suggestions! The only ones readily available here though are the ABU Space and in some form the XPMedical. That last one i don't know about, though i got a sample of the first.

TyphaHare said:
Hey! I am in the exact same pickle as you! I LOOOOVED Comficare, they were my favourite :(!!
And you know, I found the absolute perfect substitute, and they are even cheaper than Comficare! MyDiaper Nacht Weiss! (here's a link to Save-Express site http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...mydiaper-windel-nacht-gr.l-weiss-10er-packung ) They have the exact same cut, same kind of blue distribution zone, tapes, front panel (landing zone) and plastic is pretty much the same!

I am a Little, and just like the look of prints so I usually order the print version (MyDipaer Colour or Animals) and have not tried the colourless ones yet but... they are the same diaper, without a doubt :p Give them a try?

Wearing a MyDiaper Night White now, and it's actually pretty decent. They're nowhere near as thick as the Comficare, but they have a very similar inside lining (the blue core and fabric are almost identical). The plastic is almost there. Don't know how much it holds though.

Also got an ABU Space, will be trying that in the weekend. They have the perfect plastic, but a different inside lining (much more similar to the Rearz). They are pretty much as thick as a Comficare though, so i'm excited :>

The MyDiaper seems like a good short term alternative in any case... If the ABU Space is any good i'll probably be ordering the Simple as soon as it's released here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back