Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So, who is currently making the loudest, most crinkly diaper, with the "smoothest" plastic backing? I noticed that my latest order of Cushies is not as "smooth and loud" as my previous order. Hopefully its not a change in the way they are manufactured.

What alternatives are there? I like my diapers super loud and crinkly, and I like the plastic baking as "slick" as possible...if that makes any sense!

Pampers4Chris said:
What alternatives are there? I like my diapers super loud and crinkly, and I like the plastic baking as "slick" as possible...if that makes any sense!

Loud and hard/smooth fortunately go hand-in-hand. What makes a shell loud is having a stiff but thin shell. This is helped by having padding that's not attached well to the shell to dampen the sound. (unfortunately that makes them more prone to clumping) The classic answer is the ATN, with its hard, thin, poorly attached shell.

Clumping has been a long standing probem with the ATN and cushies, and I suspect they may have added better glue between the shell and the padding to address that, which quited the diaper without changing the materials used.

I just did a quick "crinkle test" on the diapers in my cabinet, and the loudest ones currently in production are AwwSoCute and Idyl. The Idyl would be louder but the shell is pretty thick as well so it doesn't flex as easily as it otherwise would. So I'd say go with kitten or idyl. I don't have any of the current gen crinklz to test, but I though I'd read a few people saying they aren't as loud as the originals. At any rate, kitten/idyl are awesome diapers in general, in addition to being a bit louder than others. (though I still think ATN are a little louder)

Are ATNs in stores? They look a bit clinical but at least they are white...worth try

Pampers4Chris said:
Are ATNs in stores? They look a bit clinical but at least they are white...worth try

They wouldn't be in your conventional store, like Walmart or a grocery store, but I have heard of the ATN's being sold in medical supply stores. Try and find one in your area. Otherwise, Amazon is your best bet for purchasing them. They're quite cheap, too. They were my go-to budget diaper back when I had almost no play money. Also, yeah, they are quite loud as I recall :)

Attends waistband style are almost too loud. To the point that I'm almost self-conscious when I'm home alone.

bambinod said:
I just did a quick "crinkle test" on the diapers in my cabinet, and the loudest ones currently in production are AwwSoCute and Idyl. (though I still think ATN are a little louder)

Not disagreeing, as they may well be the among the loudest you have, but the AwwSoCute are pretty quiet in general. I'm wearing one now and was wishing for more crinkle. I was just thinking it would be nice to maybe have an overpant made out of the hardish type of plastic that some up-scale stores use for their large shopping bags. While Christmas shopping I had to drag some of those big bags for my girlfriend all over the mall and just brushing my leg as I walked it would rustle and crinkle loudly.

I hope the next big thing in Hyper-premium ABDL diapers is super crinkly plastic! :eek:

I'm too hoping that the next big nappy to be able to order is going to be super crinkley!
If Abu, Rearz, tykables, any of the you please make a SUPER crinkley nappy, I think you'd have a lot of Happy DL's

If they could be like the Attends with waistband but thicker and with leg guards I'd be very happy!

oh and I'd like to point out, I got up the other morning in a fairly wet bambino teddy, and was only in a tshirt and socks when I staggered into the kitchen to grab a ziploc for my change, and was astounded by the loudness of my diaper, it was loud enough to be heard from another room! So yeah, wet diapers can be quite loud!

(I'd imagine that'd due to the added weight combined with the padding separating from the shell)

the two times i been found out from the noise i been in the attends waistband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back