• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappiesatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello friends, so this is a first for me. I've been a long time lurker on a lot of these websites - mainly because of confusion surrounding the issues I've been working though. Firstly the sense that I am abnormal and therefore unacceptable, and secondly the idea that I would grow out of this and that I would leave it behind me.

I work in the UK in the charity sector and meet lots of people (who all think they are normal) but they are all different - so have can they be all normal!
A part of my prensence here is to do with my on going battle for the right to be not normal - and the idea that 'normality' is a complete nonsence that we all like to pretend excists to make us feel a little more comfortable about uncertainty.

So, I have nocturnal enuresis (I hope I spelt that right becuase I am also dyslexic - why do they make that such a hard world to spell). I havn't always been this way - I was toilet trained night and day at 4 - but then I started having seizures in my late teens. I got dianosed with epilepsy and given meds that have made me sleep incredibly deeply at night. So bed wetting started shortly after. I had used nappies but mainly used an absorbant under pad thing for a long time - but it was still a pain to clear stuff up. Recently I spoke with a really helpful adviser at age uk incontinence and they really recommended adult nappies. This has really helped me feel better about the whole thing rather than fighting against it - so here I am - back in nappies at night (as well as the odd long trip during the day etc...). I have mixed feelings about it - but mainly I like sleeping well and waking up dry (ish). I hate the level of stigma that exisits around nappies - and I make a point of calling them what they are.

I have a faith that I don't like to stuff down other peoples throats - becuase I belive that people have a right to think how they want to and not be brain washed by others - i like movies and spend time at the gym (but I'm not as buff as I'd like to be!)

I'd like to find some friends here that can make me feel less strange and more like my kind of normal.

Lovely to be a part of something new.

xx

Last edited:
Hello nappiesatnight and welcome to the group.

First you are just as normal as the rest of society.

Second you are amongst people who truly understand and are here to support you as you come to terms with your situation.

This is a nice introduction and I am sure you will find people in the same situation.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

:) thanks Egor

Thanks Marka, although i have to admit there were a few words I didn't fully understand!

Hi nappiesatnight welcome to our community.

Marka said:
You are welcome, nappiesatnight!

And, it might be, that I used the words incorrectly ;)

Anywhoo... if you are interested in getting quicker or more regular responses to your posts... try out the View attachment 27621Reply With Quote feature... who ever you reply with quote to, will get a notification that you quoted them ^_^

regards,
-Marka
Great! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back