Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edr671

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Me and my fiance are getting married in January, We're currently planning the wedding and so here's the question. Do any of you have any good suggestions on where we should hold the wedding? We are looking to travel and are trying to think of good spot's to hold a wedding.

Maxx said:
Not from Australia, and Mrs. Maxx and I did it at the county courthouse with only her mother and brother as witnessess..... so feel free to dismiss my thoughts. Not being much of a social animal, I had no desire at all to go through all of the hullabaloo involved in a big wedding. As I put it to Mrs. Maxx back then "If that's what's required, then this isn't going to happen. I can afford a big wedding.... or a house".

If you're considering a destination wedding, or some out of the way place, please do take into account the financial and logistical considerations of your families and potential guests. Not everyone can afford the travel and/or take the time off. Junior's had several weddings just in the last few weeks where either he or Mrs. Junior were in the wedding party. Fortunately we're available to babysit, but its been something of a strain for some others in that tight circle of friends. I'm all for a special honeymoon trip, but dragging a bunch of others into something they may or may not be enthused about is a different deal.
It's only going to be a family thing, Our families live in Germany so we're trying to go somewhere in Europe that's not Spain or Greece, But also close enough that they can all travel.

Is the Ukraine still in Europe? Okay.....just kidding. What about romantic Paris? How about a haunted castle in the U. K. like Lepp castle? I think it's in Ireland.

dogboy said:
Is the Ukraine still in Europe? Okay.....just kidding. What about romantic Paris? How about a haunted castle in the U. K. like Lepp castle? I think it's in Ireland.

I can probably talk her into going to Paris :biggrin:

Positano or Ravello on Italys Amalfi Coast would be my number 1 suggestions.

Or maybe somewhere in the Cotswolds England like Chipping Camden.

Congrats BTW that is fabulous news!

Argent said:
Positano or Ravello on Italys Amalfi Coast would be my number 1 suggestions.

Or maybe somewhere in the Cotswolds England like Chipping Camden.

Congrats BTW that is fabulous news!

I Was thinking about Italy as well. It's so nice there, And thank you.

Definitely check out Ravello as it is fabulous... part of my heart is in Positano though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back