Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabpad

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hey diaper people,

My first four times I used to cath without lube. Honestly I didn't encounter any problems or pain except for one time I had a tiny blood spot in my diaper, nothing more. Next week I'll finally try doing it with lube.

Anyone else done the same or know if it's a super hazard? Also, if any experienced people here, do you spurt in the whole KY jelly thing in the urethra and wait a few minutes before insertion?

(i know the other abdl site daily diaper is more active concerning catheters and stuff but I'll give it a try here first since I like our community better :D)

Fabpad: when I try foly catheters I always used ky jelly I never insert it into my parts only lube the actual foly catheter then inserted into me....

Why would you want to insert a catheter without using lube? I had to cath myself for about six weeks and it was difficult enough with K-Y.

Ouch. Bad enough WITH lube. I use little packets of sterile lube. I'm really paranoid about aseptic technique when using caths.

Fabpad said:
Anyone else done the same or know if it's a super hazard?
Messing with catheters in and of themselves is a super hazard, let alone not using the correct technique. Bladder infections are no joke, and if something goes horribly wrong inside your bladder it can be extremely painful and require surgery to fix.

If you're still dead set on messing around with them, use the proper lube (single use sterile packets made for that purpose) and sterilize the hell out of everything that'll be remotely close while you're working. And for goodness sake watch some instructional videos about how to do it right, paying special attention on how maintain a sterile field.

acorn said:
OP: I'm wondering if you are the type who will buy a car without the engine. If so, why?

If you are capable of obtaining foley cath's and can afford the costs, why not include the insertion kit or the essentials of it?

FYI; The lube used is an anesthetic and an antiseptic.

No doubt there will be at least one who will assert to enjoy regularly decapitating himself and has never suffered ill effect, to which I'll head off at the pass now - by declaring no contest.
Well when I first tried out catheters I was a few years younger :p
But also, I ordered from save express so everything was in German. I saw this jelly thingy but I wasn't sure if it was safe putting it in my urethra (ironic, I know). I thought it was used for something else. So it wasn't really about the money. And I continued doing so three more times since I didn't encounter any pain or whatever.

Now I'm a bit more wise though and researched the jelly a bit more. I still believe it's fairly safe doing it without lube though since you're gonna withdraw it naturally anyway (which is the most painful part imo)

Paddedboy1989 said:
Fabpad: when I try foly catheters I always used ky jelly I never insert it into my parts only lube the actual foly catheter then inserted into me....
Oh I thought you squirt it all into the urethra?

irnub said:
Messing with catheters in and of themselves is a super hazard, let alone not using the correct technique. Bladder infections are no joke, and if something goes horribly wrong inside your bladder it can be extremely painful and require surgery to fix.

If you're still dead set on messing around with them, use the proper lube (single use sterile packets made for that purpose) and sterilize the hell out of everything that'll be remotely close while you're working. And for goodness sake watch some instructional videos about how to do it right, paying special attention on how maintain a sterile field.

Thanks for the precaution! :D
I'm very careful when playing with catheters. I wash my body really carefully, multiple times. Then I wash my hands for several minutes, two times. I also apply alcohol. And I don't touch the catheter with my hands, I use the plastic covering.

Update: I finally got my package of diapers and catheters so I could try cath with lube. It honestly didn't feel noticeably better, but I will continue doing it to minimize trauma though. What I did was lubing up the first 5 cm of the catheter and a few drops inside the urethra and on the glans. Not entirely sure if this is completely correct. Feel free to correct me :D

As long as you use the lube, whether it's shot through a syringe (without needle), or coating the catheter, it's fine. Don't use just any lube if you plan on using it longer than a day. If you use oil based lube, it can breakdown the material in a latex catheter. A silicone catheter (oil based) would be ideal. The safest lube would be sterile lube, but it's usually water based, mixed with alcohol, causing it to dry or evaporate.

I would encourage you to watch a proper catheter insertion. If you don't want your urethra to become irritated, you should properly secure it to your pelvic area or something so it didn't move around or potentially be yanked or pulled on.

While people try to discourage catheter play, I'd advise you to study how to do the procedure correctly, to limit the chance of getting an infection, or simply having a defective catheter in you. Play safe. One more thing...Don't Mess, you'll be begging for an infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back