Incontinence questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello, I'm mia and I deal with urinary and bowel incontinence 24/7. It started at a very young age and I've been dealing with it nearly all my life. Currently attending college. I've just joined adisc and have been actively posting. Ever since I was labeled as incontinent I never really had anyone who had the same issues to talk with or get advice from. This post is for you. Ask any question you feel that can help you and I'll try my best to answer and give my opinions/advice. I hope this can be productive and supportive for me and the forum.

So many questions, not quite sure where to start. Were you ever able to figure out what the medical cause of your incontinence is? You must have had a rough childhood, but it sounds like (based on what you've said in other threads) your parents were understanding and supportive. There are a lot of doctors, and even parents, who just won't accept total incontinence as a diagnosis and will put kids through all sorts of painful and invasive surgeries like colostomies and cystostomies because of an irrational aversion to diapers which they refuse to accept as a permanent solution. I could rant all day about medical ethics but I'll leave that to another thread.

I'm curious if you've ever read Adrian Surley's blog. Her story is very similar to yours. She's incontinent and has worn diapers her entire life. http://www.adriansurley.com/

And lastly, what do you think of us freaks who aren't incontinent but like to wear diapers? :D

Hi INTrePid,
I was born with damaged bladder and sphintor muscles, at least that's what they think. I managed to have a few days being potty trained and it started again. Luckily my parents didn't want to put me through surgery at such a small age. I've had surgery later on which didn't really work out. They have tried an artificial sphincter which ended up causing a lot of complications and it was removed later.
My parents were so supportive, my mom was my rock when I should have been.... I also have a brother and he's really understanding about my situation unusual for brothers these days I think, or maybe not. Since I've been incontinent for so long I have had so many major 'accidents' when I was small and it was my mother who helped me get through it, she was my therapist, my nurse and my true friend and I'll forever be in debt to her.
Being incontinent and going to school was more scary because of social aspects mostly. There were the one or two who would laugh or make fun of it but surprisingly most never really talked about it. I do have a few good friends from high school and we still keep in touch.I think having a roughish childhood helped me death with things later on. I do hope that one day modern medicine be able to give me some freedom and I think it has the potential to.

I've definitely heard that name before, Adrian surley. I'll definitely take a read.

Everybody has their 'thing' and maybe I don't understand why it's diapers because I see it as a patient and as a necessity, I never really liked it, but I understand that different people like different things. About a year back I dated a guy (the second and lastvdate I've been in :p) who was a diaper lover, but I could see that he really did care for me and he challenged me intellectually which I really find attractive. For better or for worse it never worked out, I had my fears of being intimate and I told him that we need a break which means goodbye forever and that was that :p though I think that was sort of puppy love at the time...
Hope this answers your questions :p

Last edited:
I was a bedwetter until about about age 15 and wore Goodnites to bed every night. It lead to some awkward sleepovers and overnight camping trips, especially one time when a friend tried to move suitcase and it was unzipped so everything inside it, including diapers, fell onto the floor and I had to hurriedly try to repack everything before anyone noticed. I'm still not sure if he did notice because he never said anything at the time. I know that's nothing compared to having to wear diapers 24/7 though. How many people at school knew about your condition? It's good most of them were mature about it.

It was really only after I stopped wearing diapers at night that the desire to wear them overcame me so strongly. I went through a few binge/purge cycles where I would buy/use diapers and them be disgusted with myself and throw them out, but eventually I just accepted that this is a deep psychological and sexual need/desire that will never go away so I might as well make the best of it. I now wear almost every night again and enjoy it greatly. It's an incredibly comforting and satisfying feeling. It's good you had a positive experience with a diaper lover. There are a lot of disrespectful and creepy people on the Internet who give the ab/dl community a bad name. ADISC tends to be pretty good at screening those kinds of people out though.

Most must have known, my diaper really shows when I wear jeans or any kind of pants for that matter, pants that are made for my size are quite small in general so I usually get one a little bigger and sew it to fit me, it helps but the bulge of the diaper is still a bit noticeable, plus the plastic pants I had at that time made so much noise. I also had permission use the handicap bathroom and the teachers let me go whenever i needed to, so most people figured it out I guess. There were people who would occasionally try and bully, they'd just be mean about it. But most people either never talked or said anything or gave a 'look' whenever I went for the handicap stall. In high school no one was like this, they were much more mature and I think they understood that different people have different problems.

Guys I moved this thread to the diaper section. Please Post their if you want :p sorry if this was inconvenient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back