Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I've worn diapers for years, and typically go for the 'best' (in order of discovery, that was Molicare, Abena X-Plus (then M4), Dry 24/7, etc). Often I like to swaddle myself in an ABU Simple or Fabine or ... You get the idea.

But. I need something I can wear for work ("bullpen" computer programming situation, and occasionally long days in court as an expert witness), and when flying. I need capacity - flying especially, you can't just pull over to the side of a cloud to relieve. Not "all day amazing maximum capacity," but, if I have a wet accident, it shouldn't leak. (I also occasionally have IBS issues, that result in skid marks at best; worst case, I've leaked through boxers, jeans, and had to scrub a chair ... That was almost acceptable when I had my own office, but I joined a new startup with an "open office" thing going on, and, yeah. Not so much anymore.)

I've tried all the disposable underwear products. They all suck. Even the ones that are supposed to be 'overnight.' I've tried the Abena Abri-Flex Air Plus Pull-Ons, Extra, Medium M3; the Tranquility Premium OverNight Pull-Ons; the Northshore FlexSupreme Pull-On...

The thing is, I'm not 100% incontinent. Most of the time I can make it to a bathroom in time. I don't want to change a diaper 4x/day or more, nor do I want to sit in a wet diaper all day at the office, no matter how great.

So I'd love to find something with decent capacity (one good wetting), that can be removed and re-fastened reliably (none of the "refastenable tapes" are actually refastenable, in my experience) throughout a day of wearing. If there's a pull-on style that doesn't leak like a sieve during the first wet, that would work too.

Am I dreaming the impossible dream? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Although I'm a HUGE fan of plastic backed diapers, in your case, a quality cloth backed diaper with Velcro "tapes" might do the trick. Have you tried any of those? Since I like plastic, I'm not really familiar with the cloth backed products, except I know the NorthShore AirSupreme have "tapes" that are a combo of Velcro and tape. Maybe someone with more experience with cloth backed products could give some suggestions about which ones have fasteners that can be refastened multiple times.

Tranquility Slimline Breathable: These are comfortable, quiet, decent absorbency, great odor control, and excellent velcro style tapes that allow for taping and retain many times. I am not a fan of cloth backed diapers at all, but these are excellent. Great value for the money. I don't even mind the color.

Tena Stretch Super: Excellent fit, discreet, very flexible, very comfortable, wonderful oversized single velcro tape with very stretchy sides. I love this diaper for out and about. It moves really well and is easy to get a really good fit. They will handle one wetting, maybe a tinkle more, but have no leak guards. The fit is really good though, leaking is not really an issue most of the time. Also great value for money.

Tena Flex Maxi: These are unique. The fit is really good, absorbency is about two wettings, discreet, very very easy to change in a stall or just drop the front to use the toilet if you can make it. You can use the toilet without actually removing the diaper completely. These are really nice and a very different experience. While the padding is really comfortable, the lack of substantial side panels provides a very strange and different feeling over a normal diaper. Not bad, but different.

These are the three diapers that I would recommend that you try. Keep in mind, none of these will provide the levels of absorbency of the products that you listed as trying and disliking. If they did not have enough absorbency for you, then there really aren't any other products that I can recommend outside of the bulkier premium cloth backs like Abena Premium, NorthShore AirPlus, or something along those lines.

I'll second the Tena Super Stretch and add the Ultra Stretch, which is a little thinner and also has a slightly lower capacity. Both of those are not only discreet, but because of the stretchy belts make these among the few diapers that you can easily pull up and down as necessary. Love 'em.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
I'll second the Tena Super Stretch and add the Ultra Stretch, which is a little thinner and also has a slightly lower capacity. Both of those are not only discreet, but because of the stretchy belts make these among the few diapers that you can easily pull up and down as necessary. Love 'em.

-RMS

Make that a third on the Tena Stretch Super. Though I wear them for comfort, you might try adding Bambino Quadro Booster Pads for additional capacity.

WildBlueCrinkle said:
But. I need something I can wear for work ("bullpen" computer programming situation, and occasionally long days in court as an expert witness), and when flying. I need capacity - flying especially, you can't just pull over to the side of a cloud to relieve. Not "all day amazing maximum capacity," but, if I have a wet accident, it shouldn't leak. (I also occasionally have IBS issues, that result in skid marks at best; worst case, I've leaked through boxers, jeans, and had to scrub a chair ... That was almost acceptable when I had my own office, but I joined a new startup with an "open office" thing going on, and, yeah. Not so much anymore.)

I've tried all the disposable underwear products. They all suck. Even the ones that are supposed to be 'overnight.' I've tried the Abena Abri-Flex Air Plus Pull-Ons, Extra, Medium M3; the Tranquility Premium OverNight Pull-Ons; the Northshore FlexSupreme Pull-On...

The thing is, I'm not 100% incontinent. Most of the time I can make it to a bathroom in time. I don't want to change a diaper 4x/day or more, nor do I want to sit in a wet diaper all day at the office, no matter how great.

So I'd love to find something with decent capacity (one good wetting), that can be removed and re-fastened reliably (none of the "refastenable tapes" are actually refastenable, in my experience) throughout a day of wearing. If there's a pull-on style that doesn't leak like a sieve during the first wet, that would work too.

If you're a guy, you should be able to take a pee without removing your diaper. It takes a bit of practice to get proficient at it, but you can just snake out one side of the crotch and go. Bonus: never ever EVER get a post-piss dribble spot on your pants! But that being said, any diaper with front/back elastic should be easy to pull down for #2 if needed. Just need to practice the "diaper shimmy" to pull down and pull up without damaging the diaper.

Some days I can get by the entire 8 hrs without taking a potty break. Many days I nip off for one. Some days (like today) I need two or intent to either leave wet or wet on the drive home. I practically never need to go #2 at work, but if I do it's not a big deal. There is a problem with pulling down your diaper in a stall. They don't go to the floor, and someone looking over can see your diaper sitting down on your pants on the floor. In that case I recommend wearing white boxers over your diaper, and pull the two down together so only your boxers are visible by the time they're visible next door.

Or find a private bathroom - lots more places have them than you'd think, you just have to LOOK for them. My recent new job I was able to find two private bathrooms, both of which were (not surprisingly) in the administrative building. A pair of ancient M/W single-occupant bathrooms with no good universal access, and another pair of modern ones near the bigwig offices that are each almost the size of my bedroom. (and is kept spotless by the cleaning staff)

bambinod said:
If you're a guy, you should be able to take a pee without removing your diaper. ... should be easy to pull down for #2 if needed. Just need to practice the "diaper shimmy" to pull down and pull up without damaging the diaper.

Never managed to do either. I've found if the diaper isn't taped snug I get leaks. So snug that I've always had to completely untape a diaper to remove it when changing. The whole (Depends, IIRC) "remove like underwear" concept always seemed like a cruel joke.

Or find a private bathroom - lots more places have them than you'd think, you just have to LOOK for them.

Not that concerned; this place is in a 1920s building that was recently redone. Instead of traditional bathrooms with stalls etc., they have three individual, non-gender-labeled bathrooms, with a stall and sink in each. Very private. It's the workspace I'm most worried about. Also, flying, you're very ... um, "intimate," with your passenger(s), especially in something like a Cherokee 140 or Cessna 152.

Thanks for the recommendations all! I'm ordering some sample packs from XP etc as we speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back