Affordable Daytime Diaper Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InverseTundra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey all, i searched around the forum for it bit before making this post but its been eons since anyone has asked about daytime diapers, kinda shocking imo lol. never the less. ive had M4's and ABU little paws and cushies and i love them but for daytime use they are a little too thick and honestly a bit too pricey. i love them but preferably as a once in a while thing. Im looking for a decently affordable daytime alternative. preferably about 1$ per diaper or less. I hate that snuggies (now tykables) got rid of their original waddler. was such a awesome and cheap daytime diaper. Any and all recommendations are super welcome and thank you :D :D :D

I would suggest ATN's. I woulnt call them a premium diaper but they are plastic backed, cheap and work good as a daytime diaper, just don't expect them to hold more then one large wetting.

Tranquility ATN

I've never been a big fan of the ATN. No front/rear elastic, enormous length of dead (unpadded) plastic in the front and back, and worst of all the leak guards are very short. You'll note that the original waddler overcame all three of these issues.

I require my diaper's leak guards to keep my scrotum from rubbing on my inner thighs when I walk, otherwise I get a friction rash. So that's one of the "honest reasons" I can quote for wearing 24/7. Right now I'm having problems finding a replacement for the waddler too. I tried SDKs and they were working out pretty well I thought, but as it turns out they're a little too thick and started giving me some of the same symptoms as tortion, so for now at least I'm back to working through my shrinking stock of waddlers. :(

I hope a solution comes up before I run out!

bambinod said:
I've never been a big fan of the ATN. No front/rear elastic, enormous length of dead (unpadded) plastic in the front and back, and worst of all the leak guards are very short. You'll note that the original waddler overcame all three of these issues.

I require my diaper's leak guards to keep my scrotum from rubbing on my inner thighs when I walk, otherwise I get a friction rash. So that's one of the "honest reasons" I can quote for wearing 24/7. Right now I'm having problems finding a replacement for the waddler too. I tried SDKs and they were working out pretty well I thought, but as it turns out they're a little too thick and started giving me some of the same symptoms as tortion, so for now at least I'm back to working through my shrinking stock of waddlers. :(

I hope a solution comes up before I run out!

i tried the ATN's too and i wasnt a huge fan either. my main issue was the tapes didnt stick at all. like not even a little bit. I freaking love the waddlers but my supply is probably way lower then yours lol. ive 1 unopened pack im keeping as a collectors item persay (im odd lol) and about 8 diapers left in a drawer to use. trying so hard to ration them. May a perfect replacement ascend from the heavens into ABU's loving arms xD. would be nice if they put out a thinner daytime product. lord knows they already have a thousand other products. lol.

I wear dry 24/7's as my 24/7 diaper no one has ever noticed I am wearing and I would rather be in a thicker premium diaper that I can trust then go thinner and cheaper to try to hide the diaper.

in life there are things you should never skimp on Diapers are one of them, I tried thinner diapers at first but they leaked and had to change more often.

Reactions: Honeywell6180
I recently went to Texas FurryFiesta and went 24/7 while attending. I wore the Tena Slip Maxi during the day and loved them. They are thin, plastic backed but don't make much crinkle (desirable if you don't want to be noticed in public). They hold either one large wet, or two medium ones, which for daytime use is acceptable for me. Good luck in your search but you might want to give these a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recommend the Tena stretch ultra for daily use. It absorbs a fair amount, moves with you, and is pretty affordable. And quite discreet.

The Molicare Premium Soft Supers are <$1 each, surprisingly very absorbent, comfortable, and discreet. They are cloth back though if that matters to you. I used Tranquility ATNs in the past and found them to be the most crinkly diapers I had ever worn, definitely not discreet.

are those available at any of the more common ab/dl vendors?

actually I'm seeing them at northshore and even at staples, but they have super and extra, what's the difference?

If you don't mind cloth backed diapers (I recently discovered that I prefer it when out and about), I would recommend the Seni Supers (not the Quattros)which come in at $1.15 each. You can get them from XPmedical and you'll get free shipping on a case.

well decided to go wild on xp medical site. normally I don't do samples but I see they are sending out three instead of 1 or 2, at least they have that figured out.

moli med super, med super plus, lg super, lg super plus
id split med pe maxi, lg pe maxi
seni medium superplus, regular superplus
a+ reg 3, reg 4 (I have some but it says they're "new")
seni reg quatro v2

yay, 11 samplers. hopefuly I can find something that works for daytime in that!! and yes, sucks to be between sizes, the quatro is the ONLY one that didn't have my size within 2" of their crossover point. Everything besides the A+ is new to me

Would be nice if they had some sort of bundle discount for lots of samplers at once, like be able to get free shipping or reduce the per-sample cost at say 6 samplers.

bambinod said:
well decided to go wild on xp medical site. normally I don't do samples but I see they are sending out three instead of 1 or 2, at least they have that figured out.

moli med super, med super plus, lg super, lg super plus
id split med pe maxi, lg pe maxi
seni medium superplus, regular superplus
a+ reg 3, reg 4 (I have some but it says they're "new")
seni reg quatro v2

yay, 11 samplers. hopefuly I can find something that works for daytime in that!! and yes, sucks to be between sizes, the quatro is the ONLY one that didn't have my size within 2" of their crossover point. Everything besides the A+ is new to me

Would be nice if they had some sort of bundle discount for lots of samplers at once, like be able to get free shipping or reduce the per-sample cost at say 6 samplers.

that would be nice. i really wanna get samples but at 6.95 a pop it adds up super quick. but awesome your doing that. please come back here with your results afterwards, id love to know! hopefully your results will give me a good answer on options :D

I'm also interested in your samples assessment.

LittleICme said:
I'm also interested in your samples assessment.

roger roger

bambinod said:
roger roger

Any updates on the mass sample supply? lol.

InverseTundra said:
Any updates on the mass sample supply? lol.

The Molicare Super (not super plus) were the only thin diapers in the group. ALL the others were about the same thickness, MS about half that. So I tried them first.

These are hybrid diapers, with cloth on the sides and plastic in the middle, they lookvery similar to the tena slip maxi cloth sided. (quite possibly the same diaper...) But they have the same issues, the tapes do NOT stick to the cloth, so they have to make it to the plastic. And for me, the lower tapes can't make it to plastic, so they lasted about 5 minutes yesterday. and by 11am one of the sides had also popped, so I just bailed out into another diaper I keep in case I need a change.

Today I tried the large, and those are very promising. I don't usually care for clothlike, but these held up well, much better than the tena. The material did stretch a bit but not bad, and all four tapes stayed put. Wasn't too bulky, but I had problems keeping it in a convenient "W" for daytime dry wear. They were pretty destroyed (clumped) by the time I got home but I'll give them a passing grade for daytime wear.

2 down 9 to go. But all of those others are much thicker so I don't know if they're going to work out at all.

InverseTundra said:
Hey all, i searched around the forum for it bit before making this post but its been eons since anyone has asked about daytime diapers, kinda shocking imo lol. never the less. ive had M4's and ABU little paws and cushies and i love them but for daytime use they are a little too thick and honestly a bit too pricey. i love them but preferably as a once in a while thing. Im looking for a decently affordable daytime alternative. preferably about 1$ per diaper or less. I hate that snuggies (now tykables) got rid of their original waddler. was such a awesome and cheap daytime diaper. Any and all recommendations are super welcome and thank you :D :D :D

Attends Active Slip 8, 9 or 10
Attends Flex
Tena Flex

Attends Active Slip fits excellent,thin, reseal possible and tight

Decent European options. Outside of ABDL diapers and premium diapers, the lighter diapers are terrible in the USA. USA Tena vs European Tena in terms of quality is like night and day in difference in quality.

Medline, First Quality (Prevail), Attend, and store brands are just terrible. Kendall and Depend have very slight edges but still flat out suck.

Medline had 10 different sub brands and they are all the same with exceptions of colors and different gimmick features. They all have terrible press out, padding that falls apart badly. The cloth backing is terrible holding the tabs in place.

Same goes for First Quality, they have many sub brands and different gimmicks. First Quality is the maker of most store brand diapers as well. Some issues as above.

Attend (US) same as above. I heard that the European Attend is way better than US. Here however, the same issues as above. The only Attend product I would even consider would be the overnight diapers, but they are over priced. They are pretty good and actually have a good capacity.

Kendall is slightly better because their plastic backed diapers have pretty good tapes. The padding is less sponge like, but capacity is lacking. I haven't tried their cloth backed diapers, but people tend to buy these over the rest of the insurance qualified brands.

Tranquility seems to come out just above all of these. If they were to use better tapes and give the padding some structure so they don't fall apart so easily, they would be the best option by far.

There's quite a few brands I've left out but they are on the same level.

If the companies out here didn't only cater to the hospital and the insurance companies would allow for better diapers. There would be a better market available.

The government doesn't care and allows these insurance companies to make it as bad as possible for people who need these items.

Yes we do have great premium diaper options here. I've never came across a good medium diaper.

I usually recommend Tranquility because the price vs what you get is the best.

It's institutional/store brand diapers, followed by tranquility, then you have the premium market. You could offer Abena in there in between but I personal like plastic backed diapers and the Abena 4s aren't good anymore. They are basically a slightly better version of Tranquility, therefore over priced.

I'm waiting for the perfect medium capacity plastic backed diaper as well. Something with all the good features, clump free, and good tapes.

I'm waiting to hear about the A+ 3 and 4.

I want to try the ID Slip PE from XP Medical. This may be the one. I'm just hesitant because I have a 38 inch waist and at maximum for mediums and the minimum for larges. Just like Northshore.

bambinod said:
2 down 9 to go. But all of those others are much thicker so I don't know if they're going to work out at all.

Please do the ID Slip PE next!
Please detail between med and lg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back