Tranquility ATN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allykins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Hi, I had some questions for people who've tried this brand? If that's alright and everything. I am recently prepping to making diapers my 24/7 underwear not for using necessarily mostly because I love the texture mixed in with a ratio of tight, but also big around.

Anyhow my question, assume going through 2-3 of these a day, buying in bulk, etc. Are these economical and a good balance of quality and price. Like I want above depends quality but not the price of bambinos or anything.

Also I was curious I was looking into ordering 6 or so things of plastic pants, are they good at dealing with discreetness with noise, and keeping things in place and not sagging? Thank you, I appreciate any and all feedback.

Ahh, the weekly topic on Tranquility ATNs.

They are a excellent value. They do not hold as much as the premium brands but hold a lot for their price. By far the most economical diaper I have ever tried. Dont sleep on your stomach in them. They have no padding up front.

Orcaway said:
Ahh, the weekly topic on Tranquility ATNs.

They are a excellent value. They do not hold as much as the premium brands but hold a lot for their price. By far the most economical diaper I have ever tried. Dont sleep on your stomach in them. They have no padding up front.

Could I do so with plastic pants? So you'd say they're a good candidate for 24/7 use with only occasional "use"?

I would not recommend using ATNs at night. You could, but I would not recommend it. Either way with plastic pants or no.

Daytime occasional use they would be excellent. They are extremely discrete. A little loud, but jeans mask it entirely and very low profile.

What would you or anyone else recommend for night time that wouldn't be too much higher a cost? As this is for the long term I have to budget.

Molicare or Abena. I find a lot of times you get what you pay for for diapers. To wear overnight in bed you need a good diaper, or else leaks happen a lot.

Hmm.. I'm american, and I think molicare might be british. I worry abena might be a little too expensive What brand can I get for the cheapest here that still has a low leak percentage with plastic pants? I mainly need it to be cheap cause it'd be an every night thing.

Sorry I really do appreciate the help I just want to try to make this economically feasible. More or less I wouldn't be flooding or anything. More just want if anything does "happen" that plastic pants and decent padding would prevent it. Does being female or pointing down help with tranquilitites lack of frontal protection? As both tecnically apply to me and as time goes on one will be more of a "non-issue"

Again thanks for any help I really have trouble figuring out this stuff and want to balance budget and practicality.

I made a post the other day about the economy of Abena M4.

They are the diaper I use 24/7 because I like them best, but they also end up being quite economical in the long run as well. Basically what it comes down to is while they have a higher per unit price, you're using a good deal less of them over the course of a day/week/month whatever.

For example with Tranquility ATNs I would probably go through like 4 or 5 in a day, and with a per diaper cost of around a dollar that'd cost me like 4 or 5 dollars per day, whereas with the Abena M4s I go through 2 or maybe 3 generally, and while their per unit cost is closer to $1.50 that still only comes out to $3 to $4.50 per day. So in the long run I'm actually saving money.

ClickyKeys said:
I made a post the other day about the economy of Abena M4.

They are the diaper I use 24/7 because I like them best, but they also end up being quite economical in the long run as well. Basically what it comes down to is while they have a higher per unit price, you're using a good deal less of them over the course of a day/week/month whatever.

For example with Tranquility ATNs I would probably go through like 4 or 5 in a day, and with a per diaper cost of around a dollar that'd cost me like 4 or 5 dollars per day, whereas with the Abena M4s I go through 2 or maybe 3 generally, and while their per unit cost is closer to $1.50 that still only comes out to $3 to $4.50 per day. So in the long run I'm actually saving money.

Hmm.. I like that. I'm american would I be able to get those shipped in bulk? Where would be the best place. Thanks for the help, I think I'll go with this.

Have you considered cloth for nighttime? You mention that this is more for comfort than use and cloth would be much easier to change in and out of if you don't want to wet, and could save money in the long run.

Shadowscale said:
Hmm.. I'm american, and I think molicare might be british. I worry abena might be a little too expensive What brand can I get for the cheapest here that still has a low leak percentage with plastic pants? I mainly need it to be cheap cause it'd be an every night thing.

Sorry I really do appreciate the help I just want to try to make this economically feasible. More or less I wouldn't be flooding or anything. More just want if anything does "happen" that plastic pants and decent padding would prevent it. Does being female or pointing down help with tranquilitites lack of frontal protection? As both tecnically apply to me and as time goes on one will be more of a "non-issue"

Again thanks for any help I really have trouble figuring out this stuff and want to balance budget and practicality.

Molicares are readily available for order in the US, and while I'd suggest trying them just because it's good to know your options, I don't think they're necessarily required. If you like the ATNs, get yourself a mattress protector (you need one regardless) and give them a shot. If you do decide to look at Molicare, this is an excellent company to order from: http://www.xpmedical.com/.

If you are only "using" lightly overnight, the ATN's are likely fine. They are my favorite of the inexpensive brands. As Trevor pointed out above, try it and see for yourself. If good, buy by the case and it will be very cost effective. Abena's are great but I think will be overkill unless you are looking to flood multiple times overnight. By the way, you can also add an inexpensive booster on those occasions you want extra protection to the ATN. Still cheaper than Abena per diaper.

Trevor said:
Molicares are readily available for order in the US, and while I'd suggest trying them just because it's good to know your options, I don't think they're necessarily required. If you like the ATNs, get yourself a mattress protector (you need one regardless) and give them a shot. If you do decide to look at Molicare, this is an excellent company to order from: http://www.xpmedical.com/.

Have you ever used ATNs Trevor? I was thinking of using 2-3 of them during the day and a mollicare super plus per night? Does this sound economically feasible and a good balance of price and quality in your opinion?

Too bad I'm like right on the border for large sizes in things, just enough I have to buy them and be even more expensive.

I get most of my diapers from Northshore Medical. They have a good selection of quality diapers, and are available in small packages (about 12-15 diapers depending on the brand), half and full cases. Another good place is XPMedical. They sell about the same brands as Northshore and also have a test page that shows how the various diapers measure up in size, and capacity. You should take a look at that chart regardless of where you get your diapers. Fetware dot com is one of several good places to get rubber or plastic pants - they have both available. There are several threads here about plastic pants, so look at those for other good sites for them.

Shadowscale said:
Have you ever used ATNs Trevor? I was thinking of using 2-3 of them during the day and a mollicare super plus per night? Does this sound economically feasible and a good balance of price and quality in your opinion?

Too bad I'm like right on the border for large sizes in things, just enough I have to buy them and be even more expensive.

I have used them, although not much. I'd say they're the best of the low end in terms of capacity, although their tendency to clump when wet makes them somewhat less appealing to me. I suppose it depends on the capacity of your bladder and how you will wet in terms of usage. I can use as few as two Depends Protection with Tabs a day sometimes if I'm going that way but if I was wetting all along, I'd need more. ATNs are better than that, so I'd say you're probably not far off if you wet casually throughout the day.

Shadowscale said:

I wear 24/7 and i have been for a more then two years now and i've used ATN's as 12 hour diapers for the economical benefits. Let me give you my life example:

You can get a case of 96 of them off amazon shipped discreet for 67 bucks and a VERY minor shipping charge if in the US.

Thats what i do and let me tell you they are great for the price but if you wear them for a long period of time and your active, the absorbent material inside will clump and separate occasionally. However i still like them cause they do hold a very decent amount on their own, but the way i get them to last 12 hours is by adding a booster.

With this last case i bought i've been experimenting with the new always discreet ultimate long pads. Those pads are nice, they hold a lot and they are SUPER thin and they are also scented which i enjoy.

I get a case of 112 of those shipped discreet on amazon for under 40 bucks ! So this is extremely economical.

I use two pads (backs sliced open) in every ATN and that gets me through a whole work day from 8 am till 7 pm, and sometimes if i change into a sleep nappy before bed and wake up and its not even 1/4 full, i will just keep it on and go to work and use it through the day and change after work ,and it lasts no problem.
When i want to make this set up last 24 hours or i just want to be super sure cause im expecting multiple floods, i will double up the ATN's with the inner one holding the two pads.
This has been working extremely well for me for the past few months day in and out. I also always wear plastic pants and a onesie to keep everything in place but the tapes on ATN's, if positioned right, are snug and tight and really stay put. I also think its worth to mention that should you need to take the diaper off while your out to make a poop or something its great that the tapes have two adhesive surfaces so re-taping is as secure as the initial taping !

SO all in all TLDR i get a excellently preforming diaper that i absolutely trust not to give me any problems or leaks especially while at work and being active that lasts me 12+ hours for the price of: (1 ATN) @ $0.73 + (2 AD U/L Pads) @ $0.72 = $1.45 Per Day.
An ATN is like 73 cents and thats a great bargain for the absorbency and capacity and the always discreet ultimate long at 36 cents a pad is a real deal too for their capacity. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Trevor
I'mma take your advice, can you link me to where on amazon to get the ATN case that big and pads? I'll do all that with some plastic pants and a mollicare at night and should be good. I'll buy a onesie or two off aww so cute and babypants, but I probably woudn't wear them while out and about. Plastic pants I would though.

I really appreciate your advice, and the links if you'd be so kind.

Shadowscale said:
I'mma take your advice, can you link me to where on amazon to get the ATN case that big and pads? I'll do all that with some plastic pants and a mollicare at night and should be good. I'll buy a onesie or two off aww so cute and babypants, but I probably woudn't wear them while out and about. Plastic pants I would though.

I really appreciate your advice, and the links if you'd be so kind.

Onesies are really good on a practical level. It's quite a relief to know absolutely that your shirt won't ride up and expose you. They also help a little with noise and prevent sagging, although if you get babyish/childish prints they may not be too good for work. I can recommend Baby-Pants' onesies (I guess they call them onezies), but didn't ever try AwwSoCute, as they looked too narrow in the crotch with only three snaps. I've seen several comments that they aren't very well made and the snaps can break quickly, although the company was quick to provide replacements.

Tranquility ATNs would give you the best bang for your buck. If you want "premium" status without paying for it, ATNs are the way to go. Personally, I think springing for the premiums (Abena, Molicare, Wellness, etc.) are the worth the expense. If you plan on wearing consistently, than ClickKeys pointed out how they can be cheaper in the long run. I've heard this before (mostly from diaper companies so I don't how trust worthy it is), but if someone with firsthand experience has something to say it's probably worth considering. On the flip side, if you don't wear too often then you won't have to reup your stash as often so premiums may be affordable in that case as well.

Personally, I keep a mix of both. 1-2 packs of Tranquility ATNs and 1-2 packs of some premiums so that way if I really feel like wearing and have the time to fully enjoy it, I can dip into the premiums. Otherwise, if I'm not sure whether I'll have the time or freedom to enjoy it as much as possible, then I'll pull from the Tranquilities instead.

As Trevor said, getting a mattress protector is an extremely good idea. In the mean time though, getting some of the Goodnites disposable mattress protectors (bed pads) would be a good idea too. Honestly, they're not that good. But they do help with diaper leaks (as long as it's not a huge amount at once) and since they're relatively cheap and readily available, it's worth getting a pack at first until you know how well your diapers hold up to use. Eventually you'll know when you might leak and when your solid depending on what you're wearing and how much you drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back