Amazon Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBoyToby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was just placing an order on Amazon (non-ABDL related) and I saw they now have Amazon Locker as an option for delivery location. It looks like local businesses can sign up to be a delivery location and you can ship to their address and then pick it up when it is convenient for you. I don't order ABDL stuff from there, and I have my own place so getting deliveries is not big deal, but I've seen a couple recent posts regarding shipping from online so I thought I'd share. Seems to be a good option for people wanting to make an order but have a living situation preventing them from getting deliveries.

BabyBoyToby said:
I was just placing an order on Amazon (non-ABDL related) and I saw they now have Amazon Locker as an option for delivery location. It looks like local businesses can sign up to be a delivery location and you can ship to their address and then pick it up when it is convenient for you.

Nice! I had no idea they were trying that. This sounds like an excellent way for them to test an area to determine if setting up a dedicated locker facility makes sense. Only set up a real locker where you need one.

I'm ready to see a drone carrying a pack of diapers to my front porch.

MegaPaddedGamecock said:
I'm ready to see a drone carrying a pack of diapers to my front porch.

well at least those should be safe to drop from a height...

When I still lived with my mother and didn't want her to know I was receiving packages (especially the cheaper non-discrete cases of diapers I would buy sometimes) I would have them delivered to the UPS store under my name and just pick them up. They charged me a few dollars every time I did it, but it was totally worth it and it was a lot cheaper than getting a post box from them.

I've used amazon locker several times. A few issues that make it not as great as it looks initially:

1) the items must be fulfilled or sold by amazon. A lot of the diapers sold on amazon aren't.

2) there's a maximum size limit, and for the last year or so they've been claiming a pack of small dry247 is to big. It's frustrating because I know one will fit, they probably just have their shipping dimensions entered wrong.

3) it doesn't appear to apply any free shipping deals if the order goes to a locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back