Fitting a diaper tighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo19

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been around here for a while, but when I decide to wear it doesn't seem like I can make a tight enough fit around my butt lol. I haven't experienced any leaks lately, but it just doesn't seem right that it feels loose around that area.

I try to follow the article on here: rear wings higher in the back... Any other tips or ideas that could help me get it tighter around my rear thighs?

No matter what angle the tapes go, or how you wear a diaper (high fromt vs. back), or size . . . a single diaper will never be really tight everywhere, especially not in the back. To get that feeling, you need several layers in progressively larger sizes.

Try angling the lower tapes upward and the upper tapes downward when you fasten them. You can possibly get it so it pulls tighter across the rear (especially with the upper tapes).

Or use a couple of strips of Ducktape, Once I tape the diaper inplace I add a strip of Ducktape to either side and pull it tighter. Not overly tight but enough for it to feel like a better fit. I use white tape so it looks better then a Gray or green tape

Hmm, why not you try pulling the back of your diaper down lower than what you are trying now. Due to the hourglass shape of the diaper you should get a tighter fit. At the same time, let the front crotch part be a teeny bit higher than now.

Try adjusting the diaper after you've put it on for a while. You could also try positioning the tapes closer to each other, especially the lower pair. All diapers stretch a little after being worn for a while, adjusting this could be to your benefit. The tapes should hold at least 2 adjustments so don't worry about this. It will take some time to get used to the sizing, especially if you are trying a different brand, so don't worry.

You may want to try and diaper yourself standing. Put the back against your waist fairly low, then lean against a wall to hold it in place while you pull the front up and tight. Once the fit feels right to you, fasten the lower tape on one side, tape it up, then do the other side, adjusting a bit as needed.

Evo19 said:
I've been around here for a while, but when I decide to wear it doesn't seem like the dialer bruteI can make a tight enough fit around my butt lol. I haven't experienced any leaks lately, but it just doesn't seem right that it feels loose around that area.

I try to follow the article on here: rear wings higher in the back... Any other tips or ideas that could help me get it tighter around my rear thighs?

I think it sounds like your not fully opening it up and pulling all the factory folds out to prestrech the diaper before putting it on. I've also found the folding the whole diaper in half like length wise. ..hot dog style i guess. ..that does a good job of loosening all the pulp and sap up.

the other really important aspect is wearing some plastic pants as extra protection or support. I go so far as to even wear some tight fitting boxer briefs over plastic pants. this really eliminates diaper sag and stretching

hope any of that helps ya!

willnotwill said:
Try angling the lower tapes upward and the upper tapes downward when you fasten them. You can possibly get it so it pulls tighter across the rear (especially with the upper tapes).

I'll try tonight and see if that helps.

selv14 said:
Hmm, why not you try pulling the back of your diaper down lower than what you are trying now. Due to the hourglass shape of the diaper you should get a tighter fit. At the same time, let the front crotch part be a teeny bit higher than now.

Try adjusting the diaper after you've put it on for a while. You could also try positioning the tapes closer to each other, especially the lower pair. All diapers stretch a little after being worn for a while, adjusting this could be to your benefit. The tapes should hold at least 2 adjustments so don't worry about this. It will take some time to get used to the sizing, especially if you are trying a different brand, so don't worry.

I was thinking maybe pulling the front up a little more, but i couldn't picture how to get it tighter. Another option I'll try tonight.

ArchieRoni said:
You may want to try and diaper yourself standing. Put the back against your waist fairly low, then lean against a wall to hold it in place while you pull the front up and tight. Once the fit feels right to you, fasten the lower tape on one side, tape it up, then do the other side, adjusting a bit as needed.

I'm typically laying down when I pad up, so this might be my issue too. Didn't consider it was that much of an issue. Thank you!

wannabewallstreet said:
I think it sounds like your not fully opening it up and pulling all the factory folds out to prestrech the diaper before putting it on. I've also found the folding the whole diaper in half like length wise. ..hot dog style i guess. ..that does a good job of loosening all the pulp and sap up.

the other really important aspect is wearing some plastic pants as extra protection or support. I go so far as to even wear some tight fitting boxer briefs over plastic pants. this really eliminates diaper sag and stretching

hope any of that helps ya!

I usually have some tight boxers on but I see what you're saying. Once again I never considered that I didn't get the factory folds out. I typically just unfold and go. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you to everyone for posting advice on here!

I'm going to try a combination of your suggestions tonight and see if anything changes. Will report back later

Just kind of wanted to do an update since I forgot a couple days ago.

Laid the diaper out and folded it a few ways to let it settle. I did it standing up this time compared to me normally laying down and I would say this had the biggest influence on how it fit on me. The back fit much tighter than I've had it before.

After a while I adjusted the tapes and tried to angle them like what was stated earlier and it definitely helped the fit a little more. I think with a little more practice and adjustment to the new way of doing this I'll be much happier overall with how they fit from now on.

Thanks again everyone for the advice. I always know I can count on Adisc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back