Quick question for those of you (I assume there are quite a few) who live in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily1991

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi,
I'm visiting the US for a few months with my partner, who, lately is more into diapers than me.
We only brought about 4 Tenas from home, thinking we could buy more at any supermarket or pharmacy, but all the places we've been to have a really small selection which usually only includes pull-ups.
We're currently in NYC for about a week and then we're going to DC, Orlando, Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Does anyone know a good place to buy diapers in any of those areas? Any kind of tip would be a great big help.

Thanks ahead of time :)

I'm not sure if these stores are nationwide, but I would assume they would be.

CVS
Wal-Greens
of course Wal-Mart
Target
regular pharmacies might have them

There's more out there, I'm from an area that has those stores above.

I'm sure other members can give more store names from around the area's you'll be at.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the US!

I am in orlando, and there are a few places. What did you have in mind?

Xp medical is in ventura california which is close to los angeles, they have dry 24/7, seni, tena, molicare, abena, as well as their house brand A+ and other brands and welcome walk in customers. also you can just buy 3 pack samples. You should at least stop and check them out!

There isn't much here in Las Vegas. You can find a few medical supply stores around and I heard one of them will find what you're looking for if they don't have it. I still prefer ordering online though.

Emily1991 said:
Hi,
I'm visiting the US for a few months with my partner, who, lately is more into diapers than me.
We only brought about 4 Tenas from home, thinking we could buy more at any supermarket or pharmacy, but all the places we've been to have a really small selection which usually only includes pull-ups.
We're currently in NYC for about a week and then we're going to DC, Orlando, Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Does anyone know a good place to buy diapers in any of those areas? Any kind of tip would be a great big help.

Thanks ahead of time :)

I know that Amazon has same day delivery in NYC and they have a good selection of premium brands, you might be able to get them shipped to where you are staying relatively quickly. When Amazon ships there is nothing on the exterior of the package to indicate the contents. CVS from what I have seen mainly only carries Depends and their own store brand. Amazon may just be your best bet.

Amazon is pretty expensive. Are there any cheaper places online?

Medical supply stores are going to be your best bet as far as buying any diapers that are even worth wearing - or even anything that qualifies as a "diaper" in the first place. Even drugstores are having a vanishing selection.

Ordering online is your best option. Since I was expected to wear 24/7 when I was on vacation, I had an entire case shipped to my friend's house, but you can easily order smaller amounts, too. XPMedical & Bambino are both good retailers. Those are really the only two companies I have direct experience with state-side.

Emily1991 said:
Amazon is pretty expensive. Are there any cheaper places online?

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that not everyone has prime... The shipping would be pretty expensive, but the prices that I've seen for the diapers themselves seem to be competitive.

When you are going from San Fran to LA or vice versa, place an order with Bambino and stop by there to pick them up. I'm sure they'll allow it. They're located in Redwood City which is near San Francisco. Or if you're staying for multiple days at any of those locations, just have them ship it on a weekday and it'll arrive the next day.

Check for local thrift stores. I've had great luck finding good plastic backed diapers at excellent prices.

National Incontinence is up near Columbia (about halfway between Baltimore and Washington) and while it's not a store you can probably pick up what you want there. They have just about any brand you can think of (in the incontinence brands).

Dry 24/7 is shipped out of Brooklyn NY. A bit expensive. If you pass through the Chicago area, North Shore Care has it's warehouse there. I've done a pick up myself and it's pretty good.

You won't find any premium brands in 99.99% of brick and mortar stores in the US. You'll have to do an online order and pick it up somewhere. Hotels usually accept packages for you and keep it at the front desk until you go by. You can also find a UPS Store/Fedex office location, they'll accept packages in your behalf most do it good a $5 fee. That would be a safer route.

I highly recommend ordering through XP Medical. They are a great reliable company that will have your order out on time. They sell Abena and Dry 24/7.

You can take advantage of what the States has as far as diapers go and your the brands but I don't recommend buying in local stores because of the poor selection.

If for some reason you don't pick up bambinos in San Francisco or a million samples from XP in LA I know a few medical supply stores in San Diego to check out! Send me a pm and I will give you their address! Enjoy your trip! Sounds like a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back