Status
Not open for further replies.

417PlacesToGo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey all,

I'm having... a time finding plastic pants. I've tried a pair from Babypants and a pair (technically three) from Priva, but they all have the same problem of coming apart at the seams.
fb168500cb2a8ab1dba72885c3a49f99.jpg

The Priva ones had the additional problem of the elastic coming unsewn after maybe two uses:
6037168db578c257273ee6495fdcb967.jpg

I'm really at my wit's end here. Can someone recommend a place for good quality plastic pants? I don't want anything fancy, just something that's white or transparent and durable. I've wasted almost $50 on plastic pants that work maybe twice before failing. I'm wearing them over disposables if that helps, and I am a pretty big guy, but I always get them in my size and the fit is never a problem. Thanks a bunch!

KINS, seem Great. Been using them for years. Get brittle after a few months but last the longest. I am talking about their thicker plastic pants. Shipping takes forever guess cause they are in Canada. BabyPants are the worst

bedwetter bobby said:
KINS, seem Great. Been using them for years. Get brittle after a few months but last the longest. I am talking about their thicker plastic pants. Shipping takes forever guess cause they are in Canada. BabyPants are the worst
Yep +1 on baby kins ones

I use the 7 mil PVC, high-waist, "Comfort" plastic pants from from The Changing Times Diaper Co; where the elastics are sewn in-between layers of the vinyl pants.

Now, I'm not a heavy user of vinyl pants, but I've had the same set of 2 for about 4-5 years with off and on usage. No issues so far; though I don't use creams/oils where they can get into contact with the pants (which wears them out).

KINS stuff (as people have mentioned above) is also really good quality.

shrike said:
I use the 7 mil PVC, high-waist, "Comfort" plastic pants from from The Changing Times Diaper Co; where the elastics are sewn in-between layers of the vinyl pants.

+1. Although I prefer the thinner ones. I'm pretty sure these Changing Times pants are made by Gary Mfg, which also makes the Adult Cloth Diaper Co. "LeakMaster" pants as well as certain of the pants sold by Baby Pants. My 4mil "Comfort Vinyl" pants from Changing Times lasted almost three years.

417PlacesToGo said:
(problems with plastic pants)

At the risk of seeming to blame the user: Can you tell us how you're washing them and what, if any, creams and stuff might be coming into contact with them? Only PUL types can tolerate the dryer, and harsh detergents and detergent boosters can damage all kinds. Most of the time you'll just want to give your plastic pants a good rinse, shake as much water off of them as you can, and then hang them up to finish drying. Being non-absorbent, they tend to dry pretty quickly. I like to throw mine into the wash with the diapers periodically as well, using a sensitive-skin detergent, and then I do the shake-off/line-dry thing.

Kins have some great pants in rubber my normal day to day are Angelfluff "blue ice" and I have some that are pushing 10 years , I don't wear anything but Remedy non petroleum care products with my pants, I did buy some of the cheap black red and purple vinyl pants that I use for sick days and any type of rash care , at about ten bucks a pair , I will sacrifice them without s problem to save my $50.00 a pair "blue ice", the vinyl are of the rack , whereas the others are completely custom and I own the pattern just have to call and give them my pattern number to have new ones made exactly like my old ones , with no tweaking of the pant to fit right , that's all already been done and in the pattern.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The blue stars from baby-pants generally last me about half a year. I bought like 20 of them for a huge discount. I generally like them, but I have so many that I don't have a good reason to try others. If others have issues with them, idk,

Just a thought to the original poster. Are you wearing the right size of pants? Years ago when I first started getting plastic pants I had the same problem but soon realized I was buying pants that were a little too small. I moved up to the next size and then had no problems. Some makes of plastic pants seem to have leg openings too small in comparison to the waist size. When buying new ones I always make sure that the legs will fit as well as the waist.
The well-known ones from China ( Haian) serve me well, and if looked after last at least a year and i use every night.

The best ones I have had and still use are Mylesta nylon ones. They last ages. The secret is just lightly rinse them when they get a bit smelly. Mine on averagelast about 6 months before they start to become a bit thin.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I agree with Sissybaby34, there is a good chance you are trying to wear pants that are too small. You should purchase your pants 1 or 2 sizes larger. Pants that are too small will place too much stress on the seams and openings causing them to fail. I own some of the PEVA plastic plants from Baby pants and found them to be very durable also the polyurethane (one of the most durable) and 6-7 mil. plastic from most places, I also have some from changingtimesdiaperco.com.

thirding the wrong size pants.

plackies should be puffy when worn, with elastics which don't mark the skin. going by the manufacturer's advice for sizing is usually a mistake as, wherever it is they get their info from, they're way out of the average body measurements. most often, it's best to size pants by the thigh measurement, as expressed in inches or cm.

for context of how out of kilter things are, here's the long established medium size and measurement for adult thighs:
View attachment 27636

Gary Manufacturing rate such a measurement as being extra large:
View attachment 27637

Gary's sizings also means that their claimed sizes small to medium would suit 11 to 16 year olds,
View attachment 27638

but i'm smack, bang in the middle of that size range and i can assure you that Gary's large would be the minimum for a young teen and i tend go with extra large for to better fit over my trad nappies, to the effect of,
View attachment 27639

View attachment 27640

that's with my skimpiest get-up of a single layer terry-towelling (700gsm) plus liners, what could be called a 'day diaper' (with Gary pants).
even if wearing only with a dispy, you still need plenty of material to allow for your moving about as plastic will more easily tear than woven fabrics.

you may want to think about making your own pants as that should give you an insight into how you and the manufacturers are going wrong:
these homemade pants,
View attachment 27635

are a revision of a previous pair which i had intended to be discreet and for use with day diapers or pull-up terry pants (as in the pic). the first pair tore after a few wearings and washing because i hadn't allowed for enough material at the hips.

Last edited:
I don't know if these are plastic enough for you, but I use the Gary Wear ones that NorthShore sell. I was even one of the testers for them and still have and use some of the test ones that I was sent. I have washed them many, many times and the elastic around the waist and legs are still holding up. The first couple of pairs I tested for them had issues but they got it right in the end. I have leaked while in bed and they helped hold it in. They do a great job of helping hold up super soaked diapers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back