Extra large crib bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Can anyone with any sewing knowledge or whatever chime in and say if it's feasible to scale this pattern up to an adult sized crib?

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/how-to-make-crib-bumpers.html

My crib is supposedly finally nearing completion :)

I a long time ago attempted to have some custom bedding made for it and was royally screwed over by that ABCorner shop on etsy.

I was just curious if this is something even feasible to do.

You could buy two sets and put them around the perimeter of your crib. There should be some overage, so cut it there and sew them together.

dogboy said:
You could buy two sets and put them around the perimeter of your crib. There should be some overage, so cut it there and sew them together.
I have like zero life skills >.< I wouldn't know how to start sewing.

But, yeah, I figured worst case scenario I could just use multiples. I'd just prefer to have the sizes better scaled.

I see what you mean, taller and maybe thicker. I think you'd have to pay someone to make that for you.

dogboy said:
I see what you mean, taller and maybe thicker. I think you'd have to pay someone to make that for you.
That's what I figured yeah. I have no problem paying someone to do it. It's just the last time I made an attempt, it didn't go well at all >.< I went in very open ended with it. Basically "Here's a bedding set I like. Could you make something like this to fit ${x} dimensions? If so, I'll pay as you figure things out."

I was hoping someone here knew enough about sewing to know if that was a feasible idea (just scaling that pattern up) and perhaps a blurb on how difficult it might be, so I'd have something to start from.

LunaCat said:
That's what I figured yeah. I have no problem paying someone to do it. It's just the last time I made an attempt, it didn't go well at all >.< I went in very open ended with it. Basically "Here's a bedding set I like. Could you make something like this to fit ${x} dimensions? If so, I'll pay as you figure things out."

I was hoping someone here knew enough about sewing to know if that was a feasible idea (just scaling that pattern up) and perhaps a blurb on how difficult it might be, so I'd have something to start from.

I don't sew at all, but I think it's very doable. Basically you're making a long square tube that's pleated every eight inches; something like that.

Here really good site to find someone to make stuff for you that you could not make yourself. I bought my crib through this site and the person work with me for very good prices and never left me out of loop with the project.
http://www.custommade.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back