soft potty seat for adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoran

Crinkle Squeaker
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm wondering if the concept of the soft potty training seats for kids either exist sized big enough for adults or if they make they make them where they replace your toilet seat altogether? I have seen soft seats that do replace the current seat but they are mainly for seniors and are blank and boring.

I don't think they have soft seats for adults that just slide over your current seat; as you still need it to be the same size, I'm not sure that would even work. Just the ones that replace it. They have them in different colors and some with designs on the lid, but I know you probably want one with a cute design printed on the seat itself.

I have never seen any, and I am a physically and developmentally disabled senior citizen.

Anyway, I am sitting on my "Hell Chair" with the big plastic pail under the seat for a while.

Also known as the "Adult Potty Chair" for cripples and the elderly.

KimbaStarshine said:
but I know you probably want one with a cute design printed on the seat itself.
Yep exactly! I bet you know which one I'm talking about too.;)

caitianx said:
I have never seen any, and I am a physically and developmentally disabled senior citizen.

Anyway, I am sitting on my "Hell Chair" with the big plastic pail under the seat for a while.

Also known as the "Adult Potty Chair" for cripples and the elderly.
lol I like that name!I had to go to the hospital for research and I was supposed to use one of those but I didn't and boy was my nurse pissed!:smile1:

53 years ago, the "Potty Chair" was the "Hell Chair" my Mom made me sit in for hours and hours to make me be clean and dry and not wear and use diapers anymore.

caitianx said:
53 years ago, the "Potty Chair" was the "Hell Chair" my Mom made me sit in for hours and hours to make me be clean and dry and not wear and use diapers anymore.

Yup, my father was even tied on one of theses for 3 days in a row and still it didn't work, he was around 12-13 months old at this time it was normal to do this in 1952, uncle also remember same thing but he was 5 yrs old and had an accident, he was tied on the toilet seat for 1 day for it, thank god this type of treatments don't exist anymore.

what the hell?! I can't believe stuff like that was considered normal even then!

I apologize, but there are lots of times when I experience very hateful feelings towards the "Potty Chair".

I don't think Experiment626 was angry at you, caitianx. He was righteously angry at the child abusers who use the antiquated training and punishment methods used on you, and others, so, no need to apologize. You're the one who needs :hug:. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

caitianx said:
I apologize, but there are lots of times when I experience very hateful feelings towards the "Potty Chair".
I wasn't mad at you. I'm appalled at what happened to both you and CodyBaby and that it was considered normal. Pretty much what SpAzpieSweeTot said.

Experiment626 said:
I wasn't mad at you. I'm appalled at what happened to both you and CodyBaby and that it was considered normal. Pretty much what SpAzpieSweeTot said.

Just to be clear, it didn't happen to me, it was used on my father and one of my uncles, it was in the 50's if someone did that today, they would have DPJ or I think in USA they are called CPS after them quickly.

CodyBaby said:
Just to be clear, it didn't happen to me, it was used on my father and one of my uncles, it was in the 50's if someone did that today, they would have DPJ or I think in USA they are called CPS after them quickly.
Oh that's a relief.

- - - Updated - - -

magnolia said:
I think it mean use on adult toilets.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I don't think Experiment626 was angry at you, caitianx. He was righteously angry at the child abusers who use the antiquated training and punishment methods used on you, and others, so, no need to apologize. You're the one who needs :hug:. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Being "tied down to the potty chair" was "standard caregiver procedure" for institutions such as the "Hogan-Berry Center for the Feeble Minded" in North Reading, Massachusetts to make developmentally-disabled children, teens, and young adults be "clean and dry" to try and save on washing wet and/or poopy clothes and bedding. My Mom worked there before I was born.

My mom used to set me on the toilet, maybe for 20 minutes or so, with much shouting about having to go, and when I couldn't perform, she'd give me an enema, something which I hated. There was much crying, and it's a memory that has never gone away.

I happily use a commode chair as the seat can be set much higher than the toilet which makes it easier for me to use. I do "uphill downhill" transfers anytime I get out of my wheelchair.

dogboy said:
My mom used to set me on the toilet, maybe for 20 minutes or so, with much shouting about having to go, and when I couldn't perform, she'd give me an enema, something which I hated. There was much crying, and it's a memory that has never gone away.

Yes. I too was administered enemas to "make me go", when my Mom wanted me to "perform correctly on the potty chair".

Coercive "potty chair" learning was very normal when I was very small.

dogboy said:

:'( That's awful. I'm shocked. *hugs* and <healing vibes> to you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back