Abu Space Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
I dont understand how the fit of this diaper works. Everytime i go to use one the leg gatherers are never tight in between my legs and are loose. What tequnique do I use to make sure that it stays tight?

Here is a video demo that I think really does a good job of showing how to tape up properly to get the right fit. It's with an M4, but the same rules apply.

https://twitter.com/Cub_Eolis/status/700376893330055168

If you can't see the video, let me know and I'll figure out how to get it over to you somehow.

-Casey,
ABU :)

I'll admit that I'm still not a disciple of this "water-tight seal around the thigh" approach to taping. You'll note that there's no such concept in baby diapers--like, at all. The #1 job of the tapes is to keep the diaper UP, so that the leak guards are firmly seated into the folds of your crotch and against your abdomen and butt. Any leak-avoidance taping strategy after that is a feeble Hail Mary kind of thing. If wetness escapes the padded area of the diaper, you're on borrowed time no matter what. For some, keeping the diaper up will mean taping at odd angles, especially for those with round hips or other body shapes. The guy in the video is a bit of a stick, and what works for him won't work for all.

Just sayin'. :)

kinda hard to explain but try pulling the bottom edges of the front panel tighter and a bit higher and make sure it holds when you tape up the diaper so it doesnt loosen. throughout the day it will loosen a bit but if it loosens too much you need to tape the diaper tighter or pull it tighter when taping. thats my 2 cents.

Cottontail said:
I'll admit that I'm still not a disciple of this "water-tight seal around the thigh" approach to taping. You'll note that there's no such concept in baby diapers--like, at all. The #1 job of the tapes is to keep the diaper UP, so that the leak guards are firmly seated into the folds of your crotch and against your abdomen and butt. Any leak-avoidance taping strategy after that is a feeble Hail Mary kind of thing. If wetness escapes the padded area of the diaper, you're on borrowed time no matter what.:)

A water-tight fit allows more time for absorption and has worked for me. The most I ever have in the plastic pants is a few drops. I achieve water-tight by lacing the back wings (as shown left) , which allows pulling the back up tight prior to taping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back