How to convert cloth backed pull-ups/Goodnites to tab diapers (A simple DIY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
One of my favorite things to do is think of little crafts and inventions for fun and I just thought of, made, and tested this little invention and it's actually pretty nifty.

Who knows maybe there's some of you out there longing for tabs and are restricted to cheap pull ups because of insurance or maybe you can't get a hold of proper tabbed diapers and can only buy whatever is local like Goodnites. Whatever the reason, this is a pretty nifty easy DIY for your tabbed needs.

So here we go~

ib9U2xi.jpg

Things you will need:

• Fabric (any kind but preferably something non stretchy and durable)
  • Button snaps
  • Baby diapers to take the tabs from
  • Sewing supplies (needle and thread is perfectly fine too, I personally use a handheld sewing machine)
  • Scissors
  • Pen
  • (Not pictured) Ruler or measuring tape

hhhg.jpg

Fold your fabric in half and cut out some rectangles with a dotted line down the center (that's where you'll be sewing later).

This is a 10cmx5cm rectangle.

Shown here is enough for 2 tabs (4 rectangles of fabric total)

If you'd like to make 4 tabs (recommended) double this amount.
For 6 tabs triple it.

hhhg.jpg
hhhg.jpg

Sew along the dotted line. My handheld sewing machine only does single stitch so I go over it twice back and front to make sure it's nice and sturdy.

hhhg.jpg
Prepare your button snaps. You can use any color or type you want You'll want 2 snaps on each side for a total of 8 snaps for 2 tabs.

16 snaps for 4 tabs. 24 snaps for 3 tabs.

You can usually cheaply find metal versions of these at Walmart or craft stores. These are applied with a tool but some can be sewn on.

hhhg.jpg

It should look like this when you're done.

hhhg.jpg

Now you're going to harvest the tabs from your baby diapers. 1 diaper per set of tabs. These are store brand size 2s I use as stuffers.

hhhg.jpg
hhhg.jpg

Secure the tabs with the snaps and you're done.

Most adult pull ups have easy tear sides, just secure the other side using the snaps and pad up.

Easy peasy pull-up to tabbed converter for cloth backed pull ups. Also works for Goodnites if you'd like! Have only tested these on some Prevail pull-ups but I'm sure Goodnites would work very similarly.

The tabs can be reused a fair amount but do need to be replaced every once in a while. (just the baby tabs not the actual converter) But if you regularly use baby diaper stuffers you might find yourself with an abundance of extra tabs any way.

Hopefully this little craft came in handy for some of you guys~

Reactions: tillylenn
Interesting. Have you figured out what your total materials cost for each modded diaper is though? It appears you could be adding at least a $1.00 in materials alone, on top of the goodnite. Not to mention time is money. Assuming a low and rounded $10/hour, how much time does it take you to modify them? Even if only 15 minutes that is adding another $2.50 there too.

So in other words, you're spending what, roughly $4.00 per modified diaper.... at that price I don't see why you aren't just getting samples of actual adult diapers sent to you.

Slomo said:
Interesting. Have you figured out what your total materials cost for each modded diaper is though? It appears you could be adding at least a $1.00 in materials alone, on top of the goodnite. Not to mention time is money. Assuming a low and rounded $10/hour, how much time does it take you to modify them? Even if only 15 minutes that is adding another $2.50 there too.

So in other words, you're spending what, roughly $4.00 per modified diaper.... at that price I don't see why you aren't just getting samples of actual adult diapers sent to you.

From the original post, Sheepies does crafty abdl things for fun, and was just sharing. Thinking money doesn't really matter at this point.

Anyways, nice project. I got some spare fabric, snaps and stuff laying around, and I would really like to have a more secure fit on some of the pullups I have. Thanks!

Last edited:
Good point. Hobbies are something we naturally tend to spend money on anyways, so combining the two can be just for the fun of it.

The tabs are reusable, just snap on and off when you change.

I don't actually throw them when I'm done X) Takes maybe 15-20 minutes to make a set of 2 that can be reused tons of times depending on the quality of your materials. But like Azie said, it's not about the money, it's just a fun little craft.

Although adult diapers do fit and work better for adults, there is something special missing about them that Pampers & Goodnites offer that adult diapers don't have

12srepaid said:
Although adult diapers do fit and work better for adults, there is something special missing about them that Pampers & Goodnites offer that adult diapers don't have

I dunno, several of the newer ABDL diapers to come to market do a pretty good job. I'd like to see Rearz' Vintage line come back. They were a white shell version of their little squirts, two large tapes a very lightweight toddler type design on the front panel, with high capacity, smooth plastic shell, and lots of crinkle.

Wonderful thank you for this info i will be trying it with the goodnites and also im glad to see you using the same snap set i have it really is the best for the price

ram15l said:
Wonderful thank you for this info i will be trying it with the goodnites and also im glad to see you using the same snap set i have it really is the best for the price

Glad it was useful <3

And awesome! These snaps are really really cool glad to see someone else has these. Did you get them on Prime day too?

Have used them in tons of different little crafts and diaper mod prototypes not really worth posting.
Hoping to one day get a proper sewing machine and make my own onesies using these.

Yep i got them a while back i actually need to order another set... ive tried tons of diaper mods alot of failures, a good bit of success though mostly with goodnites or pullups trainers im working with tab size 6 dips now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back