Huge step for me and so relieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

hime

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So....tonight I told my husband I'm a DL. I was so nervous because it was something I've been suppressing my whole life. Recently the thoughts had been more reoccurring and even thinking about it in dreams. It wasn't until a lot of research that I started to accept there was nothing wrong about being a DL. Even then I still felt a lot of shame. Yesterday I told my best friend because I had to tell SOMEONE and I knew she would understand. She was very supportive and understanding and helped me a lot to get over the shame. Even still it was eating at me. I love my husband and we share everything, so keeping this a secret felt awful. I haven't been able to sleep because the guilt of not telling him has been eating at me. Tonight I just couldn't take it anymore and I told him. He took it very well! I was crying because I was just so nervous but he was so supportive and just let me know it wasn't something to be ashamed of or even weird. He even offered to buy me diapers! I was so happy and I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband. I'm so glad I told him.

Sounds to me like some premium dippes are in your future,enjoy them.

Sounds a lot like when I told my hubby. He apparently already knew and was completely supportive. As soon as we were done talking about it, he ordered me a set of diapers just to prove his point. So happy things worked out!

dressesRbestest said:
Sounds a lot like when I told my hubby. He apparently already knew and was completely supportive. As soon as we were done talking about it, he ordered me a set of diapers just to prove his point. So happy things worked out!

I'm so glad your husband was supportive :) it's such a relief to me now and it just reminds me of how lucky I am to have him.

That's awesome to hear that you were able to get that off your chest and that he was so supportive. Since DLs tend to be overwhelmingly male we hear so many stories about husbands telling their wives so it's interesting to hear the reverse. I know it was a relief for me when I told my wife and it really helped me to accept myself. I hope that things continue to improve and hopefully not having this secret will help to strengthen your marriage.

Awesome!!! Welcome to the club!
So yeah, try to go easy with your husband and try to learn his limits.

couchesstevenboy said:
Awesome!!! Welcome to the club!
So yeah, try to go easy with your husband and try to learn his limits.

Definitely :) besides the time I told him I only brought it up once, just to make sure he wasn't secretly freaking out about it. It's easier to not have to talk too much about it or bring it up as for me it's more of sensual feeling that brings me comfort, and not so much sexual.

- - - Updated - - -

Bokeh said:
That's awesome to hear that you were able to get that off your chest and that he was so supportive. Since DLs tend to be overwhelmingly male we hear so many stories about husbands telling their wives so it's interesting to hear the reverse. I know it was a relief for me when I told my wife and it really helped me to accept myself. I hope that things continue to improve and hopefully not having this secret will help to strengthen your marriage.

The amount of relief I felt after telling him was unbelievable! It's so nice for it not to be a secret anymore, it definitely gets rid of a lot of the shame I felt to know that he didn't think it was anything to be ashamed of. These last couple of days have just been so huge for, from telling my friend, to joining this group, to telling my husband. I swear I've been on this site most of the day XD it's like I want to suddenly talk about it, discuss it, and embrace this side of me that I've suppressed for so long!

That's great! I told my wife 4 months ago and is like you reborn.
You live your whole life with this huge secret that you can't tell and you notice how heavy the weight is when you tell you love partner.
Just like you said, embrace it. Embrace yourself, be proud of who you are and don't hesitate to look for therapy, not because you are gonna talk about diapers, but more to work on your self-acceptance. Ive been doing it and it feels good
Good luck and congrats!

It's great how you managed to jump into the community here. My hubby is still the only one who knows and I lurked here for quite awhile until I recently decided to dip my toes in the water. I grew up in a very straight laced community where anything out of the ordinary was bad. That was probably the biggest reason it took me so long to say something. And why I still haven't told anyone else except him. He's probably the most non-judgmental person I know. Not the first time I thought something might be a problem but was a total non-issue. Hopefully things keep getting better and better.

My GF and I decided that wearing a nappy would be a good idea until we found out why I started wetting the bed again 8 years ago. After all the tests and the doctor telling me that he couldn't explain it we decided the cheapest way was to stick the the nappies. She has been so good about it I wouldn't know what to do without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back