Is there such a thing as an emotional need for diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm totally depressed right now. So, I have been wearing 24/7 (only for #1 and I often will use the toilet if I'm in public.) for about 7 weeks now and I noticed that ever since doing so, everything in my life has gotten better and it's because they make me feel confident, secure and they just make me feel, well... whole. Everything from work to relationships to my anger, anxiety attacks, insomnia, binge eating episodes and controlling my alcohol consumption have all improved massivilly.

That is until yesterday when I ran out of diapers! I can't get anymore this month either because of how little is going on at work at the moment.

I hadn't even considered this until today but I think I may have an emotional need for them. Because of the following reasons:

1. For me, they are like a wearable hug if that makes any sense. The constant reminder that I'm wearing somehow makes me feel like being in a warm embrace, A safe place. I don't know why.

2. While not I am not IC by any means, I do have a bit of overactive bladder and being legally blind makes finding a restroom difficult sometimes and needing to be lead to the bathroom is embarrassing to me, so just knowing that if I have an emergency and have to go, I have the option to just go, even if I don't take that option, it's there and that makes me feel more secure and more confident and not always worried about finding a restroom.

and
3. Diapers are a part of me. I just feel "right" when I'm wearing. I feel like "me."

So, does any of this make sense? Is there such a thing as a sort of "emotional" need for diapers? I feel anxious again and just like a lost little boy. I don't know. Then I feel stupid about the whole thing.

Can anyone else relate? I just feel so stupid about this sometimes.

Reactions: Mike1964
I can relate. I always feel better when diapered.

They just make me worry less for some reason. I feel more in control

Reactions: Mike1964 and freedom69
It makes a lot of sense to me, and I'd say a lot of the people here probably feel similarly. I know that ''hug'' feeling. It's particularly noticeable to me when I put underwear over a premium tape-on diaper, makes it all nice and snug. And while I don't wear out in public that often, nor do I have bladder problems, I also like the idea of a diaper being there in case I need it. Needing to really go and having to wait is no fun!

KimbaStarshine said:
I also like the idea of a diaper being there in case I need it. Needing to really go and having to wait is no fun!
Yep. No fun at all. I usually end up using the restroom but the security of wearing "just in case" really makes me feel better.

Another one here who agrees with the hug feeling. I have extreme anxiety and depression and I just love being in a super soft, snuggly, cosy, cuddly comforting Nappy, I love Nappies so much, they are just so comforting. Do you have a Dummy (pacifier) for comfort at bedtime? It's just a Dummy really comforts me and helps me relax so maybe if you don't have one already you could perhaps try one, I have only had my Dummy for around 2 weeks now and the comfort and relaxation I feel is unbelievable. I wish for you to be back in Nappies as soon as possible and my heart sends you nice big warm, snuggly, comfy, cosy cuddles :)

Yes, definitely. I am new to diapers, and have only worn on a few occasions, but I have already found that they help to eliminate some of the stress in my life. I spent my second night in nappies last night and felt very relaxed and slept well, so I think there are times when they fulfill an emotional need.

Reactions: freedom69
INeedACuddle said:
Another one here who agrees with the hug feeling. I have extreme anxiety and depression and I just love being in a super soft, snuggly, cosy, cuddly comforting Nappy, I love Nappies so much, they are just so comforting. Do you have a Dummy (pacifier) for comfort at bedtime? It's just a Dummy really comforts me and helps me relax so maybe if you don't have one already you could perhaps try one, I have only had my Dummy for around 2 weeks now and the comfort and relaxation I feel is unbelievable. I wish for you to be back in Nappies as soon as possible and my heart sends you nice big warm, snuggly, comfy, cosy cuddles :)
Thank you. I need to get a new paci, I lost mine.

I am so much happier and relaxed since I started wearing nappies all the time. I couldn't imagine life without them now. I am so gad I became incontinent and dependant on nappies.

ST50 said:
I am so much happier and relaxed since I started wearing nappies all the time. I couldn't imagine life without them now. I am so gad I became incontinent and dependant on nappies.

I much happier also. I don't wanna be IC and glad I'm not though.

Reactions: perlFerret and BabyBearTimmy
Emotional needs are every bit as valid as physical needs.

I think I have an emotional need, just like you. I'm usually diapered at night, and I wear my Baby Pants training pants instead of underwear. If because of my working schedule, this gets interrupted, it just doesn't feel "normal" to be in boring underpants.

Thanks everyone. I needed that. Before this last 24/7 spell, the longest I'd ever worn was 3-4 days straight so I didn't have time to notice all the differences they make in my life. I have no desire to show my baby side in public but I feel like if I have my diapers on under my jeans, I can still be "me" without it affecting anyone.
Won't be able to get any diapers till the end of the month though. Sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
Emotional needs are every bit as valid as physical needs.

Thanks. I feel like they're such a part of me that I don't really feel "right" anymore without them.

I totally get what you need with emotional need, as well as your description of it feeling like a big hug. While I wouldn't say that diapers are an emotional need to the point where I can't function or live my life without them, they greatly benefit me emotionally and help me with stress.

gnd567 said:
I'm totally depressed right now. So, I have been wearing 24/7 (only for #1 and I often will use the toilet if I'm in public.) for about 7 weeks now and I noticed that ever since doing so, everything in my life has gotten better and it's because they make me feel confident, secure and they just make me feel, well... whole. Everything from work to relationships to my anger, anxiety attacks, insomnia, binge eating episodes and controlling my alcohol consumption have all improved massivilly.

That is until yesterday when I ran out of diapers! I can't get anymore this month either because of how little is going on at work at the moment.

I hadn't even considered this until today but I think I may have an emotional need for them. Because of the following reasons:

1. For me, they are like a wearable hug if that makes any sense. The constant reminder that I'm wearing somehow makes me feel like being in a warm embrace, A safe place. I don't know why.

2. While not I am not IC by any means, I do have a bit of overactive bladder and being legally blind makes finding a restroom difficult sometimes and needing to be lead to the bathroom is embarrassing to me, so just knowing that if I have an emergency and have to go, I have the option to just go, even if I don't take that option, it's there and that makes me feel more secure and more confident and not always worried about finding a restroom.

and
3. Diapers are a part of me. I just feel "right" when I'm wearing. I feel like "me."

So, does any of this make sense? Is there such a thing as a sort of "emotional" need for diapers? I feel anxious again and just like a lost little boy. I don't know. Then I feel stupid about the whole thing.

Can anyone else relate? I just feel so stupid about this sometimes.

I totally agree with you, diapers really are like a big soft hug. The best way for me to describe diapers way of comforting a person is that they are like the Thunder Jacket for dogs that's on the market that helps comfort a scared dog during a thunderstorm. Gentle pressure is very therapeutic, that's why I also got a weighted blanket that helps calm me down and helps me sleep. Diapers, a weighted blanket, and a paci gently applying pressure to my face while I suckle it are greatly beneficial to me and others. The feeling of compression garments is also something that is said to be comforting like diapers.

A 'need' for anything is a little unsettling, but I certainly have an emotional need for diapers.

Wearing a diaper brings me happiness, comfort, serenity, and the overall warm & fuzzies. For outsiders its hard to explain, but its a reality for me.

I totally get it. I also explained it to my therapist at feeling like you're being constantly hugged :)

The psychological consensus seems to be that AB/DL thoughts and behaviours form part of a coping mechanism that we use to relieve anxiety.

Reactions: perlFerret
I have anxiety issues as well. Wearing diapers help me to relax and feel comfortable. So yes, it's emotional need for me.

One of the primary reasons I finally pulled the trigger, so to speak, on purchasing my first adult diapers to start to wear as much as I could is because of emotional desires. For several years, I have been convinced that getting to wear diapers again would do wonders for me and my mental health, particularly my depression, which has just been getting more severe as of late. Having a sense of carelessness and security - via wearing diapers - was something I believed would help alleviate a lot of stress for me, even if superficially; any relief is relief worth going for, in my opinion.

I am happy to say that my first test of my theory proved me right, and in the few days I was able to experience wearing my very first sample pack of adult diapers, my mood and overall sense of well being has drastically spiked upwards. It's amazing, really.

So yes, I firmly believe in there being true, emotional needs for people, whether it be diapers or something else. Whatever makes you feel happy and healthy~

I love my diapers, and certainly feel better when I get to wear them, but for me it's not really a need. Because of my living situation I don't get them often, I can go months without buying them. But I can always find a chance to fashion a good home made one up on occasions.

I'm lucky in a way I guess. I really like wetting my pants, and as I do my own laundry, I get to do this a lot. This really helps to compensate for the long periods I go without.

But every once in awhile the urge for real diapers or even Depends briefs comes on strong. After awhile I'll break down and get them, then spend a day or so indulging in my guilty pleasures. This is usually planned around knowing when the people I live with will be away for a few days. I'll know when it's coming up, so will plan my diaper time around having the house available.

But truthfully, I feel for me at least the term "need" is too strong. I love them, I want them, and I crave them at times, but as long as I can wet myself sometimes, I can go without the nappies. I'd rather not, but I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back