Status
Not open for further replies.

shibapawz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Good evening fine ADISC folks!

I am writing tonight to seek your advice about something that has weighed heavily on me for some time now. I'm looking for serious assistance here so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
With that I will jump right in:

I've always felt that I have an AB side. Years ago when I started to find my ABDL sense of being, I considered myself a hardcore DL. But like most people, my interests became malleable over time and I found myself breaking down my ABDL profile to include a DL portion, an AB portion, and a fur portion.

I have met and have some wonderful IRL ABDL friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. They are all so different in their own rights (as I'm sure most of us are, being such a small community in this world) and that is great. They have helped me to open up new doors in my ABDL profile. Most notably I've found myself becoming more AB in the last few years. To illustrate this, I've bought items such as bottles, pacis, a sleeper, and a onesie. Most of the time when I'm indulging in my ABDL side I don't do many AB things, but occasionally I will be in the mood for a PB&J while watching cartoons in my onesie and it is comforting.

Several of my AB friends have expressed interest in being cared for but I've never been able to break that barrier. Maybe it is just from a lack of engaging in AB-ness, but I think it is deeper than that. Deep inside I want to try my hand at being a "big bro" but at the same time I'm just helpless when it comes time to try it IRL (I believe they call this "easier said than done" :sweatdrop:).

So I guess my question is this: For you ABDLs that "broke into" an AB role, how did it come about? What did you do to spur the development of that side of you? What advice can you offer someone like me who is trapped in the "I want to do this but I don't know how" mode? I know that talking with my AB friends about what they want in a caretaker role is key but I'm looking for deeper knowledge about what you all personally went through to break free into the AB world.

Thanks as always for everyone's input! I look forward to seeing the responses!

It sounds like you're talking more about finding your legs as a caregiver than being an AB. I can't tell you how to enjoy being an AB (I think you either get that or you don't) but I think being a caregiver is more a matter of desire and practice. I wouldn't discount the value of having a nurturing nature but I think most people can find a nuturing side within themselves.

I'd expect it to be sort of awkward starting out but when I approached this, I looked at it as something I could do for a friend I cared about that he couldn't easily get elsewhere. The mechanics aren't all that different from ABDL stuff I do for myself, so it was just a matter of getting over that hurdle of self-consciousness (which turns out to be sort of an ongoing thing) on both our parts. Over time, it got easier to slip into that mode and I really began to enjoy it as a thing on its own with him. It's great to know you can make someone happy with such relatively simple efforts.

I've done a bit here and there with others but I find it works best someone you really care about (this is not a euphemism for being romantically involved, although that probably doesn't hurt), so it's sort of a limited pool for having it be really fun and engaging with me so far. I suppose my advice in a nutshell would be talk it over with someone that you care about and empathize with and see if what they want is something you'd be comfortable with. Start slow, whatever slow is for you and go from there.

I hope this helps since I didn't answer the direct question you asked but I tried to answer what you really appeared to be asking. Feel free to clarify if I missed the point.

Quite helpful indeed. I know its going to be a process of starting with baby steps (ha). I guess I need to start spending more time around my ABDL friends to build up our friendship to a level where the caretaker role may come more naturally.

Are there any other DLs out there who have explored the AB side? How did that go and did you find that you took on more of an AB side or no?

shibapawz said:
Are there any other DLs out there who have explored the AB side? How did that go and did you find that you took on more of an AB side or no?

My story is a bit long and complicated, so I'll try to cut it down to the basics. You could say I've been a dl in some ways since early childhood. I remember being fascinated with commercials for Pull-Ups, certain episodes of Rugrats, etc. in a way of course I didn't totally understand back then. But I never actually desired to wear diapers myself, besides doing stuff like peeing on toilet paper or sanitary napkins starting when I was about 11 or so. When I was 15, I started sucking my thumb due to stress and later got a pacifier. Then around late 2012, I read an ab-themed My Little Pony fanfiction that gave me a funny feeling inside, a feeling I guess you could call longing. It took me awhile to fully recognize this part of me, but yeah, I'm basically a full-blown ab now. The way I feel is that my dl side is sexual, while my ab side is comforting and fun.

Kif said:
Funny, I've gone through a similar set of experiences; i.e., getting more AB items, and becoming more aware of this side of myself.

I found several people through a Fetlife event, and we've been hanging out ever since. What helps me out lots is hosting private events, as it helps me to learn more about what the needs of other ABs are (outside my own).

I have a partner, and he has also become more involved as well. He's not an AB, but we've both learned from these friends about Little conduct/activities.

I too enjoy hosting private get togethers as I'm not so much a group person and I've learned a lot from this. Perhaps I need more of these sessions to build up comfort levels and to explore more along what I'm trying to expand by interacting with other experienced ABs.

KimbaStarshine said:
My story is a bit long and complicated, so I'll try to cut it down to the basics. You could say I've been a dl in some ways since early childhood. I remember being fascinated with commercials for Pull-Ups, certain episodes of Rugrats, etc. in a way of course I didn't totally understand back then. But I never actually desired to wear diapers myself, besides doing stuff like peeing on toilet paper or sanitary napkins starting when I was about 11 or so. When I was 15, I started sucking my thumb due to stress and later got a pacifier. Then around late 2012, I read an ab-themed My Little Pony fanfiction that gave me a funny feeling inside, a feeling I guess you could call longing. It took me awhile to fully recognize this part of me, but yeah, I'm basically a full-blown ab now. The way I feel is that my dl side is sexual, while my ab side is comforting and fun.

I had an "ah-ha" moment when I read your post. This is something I've never taken into account. Perhaps my DL side could reflect my more sexual side, whereas the AB side could be more for fun/comfort. I've been trying to blend the two and I've never found much from that. Perhaps what I've been lacking all along is to recognize that sometimes I just want to be AB for the comforting and destressing side of things. Fantastic point!

Thank you both for your pointed comments! :biggrin:

I've also found that maybe by tapping into my newfound fur side, I can unlock some of the AB side. For me, the innocence of the AB side is interconnected with the innocence of the fur side. So far I'm finding success with this for all of those who are in a similar predicament as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back