World of Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Anyone playing WOT? I really enjoy it on Xbox and would love to play with others. None of my friends play it though. If you do play, do you have a favorite tank, load out, tank class, or map? I really like heavies and TD's. I think my favorite is the Sherman Jumbo though, dunno why. I just always have an enjoyable game with that one.

Last edited:
Well darn. I was really hoping others played this game.

I tried WoT, but I prefer War Thunder. It includes both airplanes and tanks. It looks way better IMO and feels better to play and more realistic.

I don't have a PC to play on so I'm stuck with WoT on Xbox One and Birds of Steel on 360. Man! I sure wish others played this game. Sadface.

I Don't know if it would be a good idea...I try to find a new beginning after a 8 month break, but I get upset pretty quickly and when it comes to play with people I don't know, I usually avoid playing with them right away...just too shy.

Still searching for platoon mates which could teach me to improve my games...and I don't usually play with people who like suiciding - you know...I want to win....

I play on PC(EU servers), do you have any expectations from platooning and how do you guys deal with bad team mates/loosing all day long?

Kind regards,
Sabu

Honestly, I am always trying to be a teammate. I like to support others and constantly watch the maps and team deployment. Unfortunately, this usually leads to me trying to reenforce two tanks trying to hold an entire side of the map when everyone lemmings the other way. I like working with others, and don't really mind losing if I've been able to do my part. I can get pretty frustrating if you're on one of those streaks where everything seems to go against you, but it's just a game. I just try to enjoy it.

I really love it when I have either a great gun, or great armor, and am able to pin down an entire enemy push. I love suppressing the rush and tangling them up, especially when teammates realize it and flank while I keep them occupied. I don't even care if I get any kills. I like the teamwork. I've never suicided (well, not on purpose anyway), and have no idea why people do it.

If I can EVER find someone that would platoon with me, my expectations are few but specific. I want to have fun, and I want to learn. That's it!

The thing which I don't understand is why people just want to die for whatever reason...I'm not a pro, but especially when I'm top tier I can do very well, but I need time.

When it's possible for me to even the teams again 7:10 -> 10:10 usually my team mates decide to do something stupid and destroy any chance to win because within 10sec. It's 10:13 again (somehow happens a lot).

Another thing which upsets me the most is that they don't listen, you tell them exactly what to do to still win the battle and the only thing you get is 'stfu noob' or something else like that.

I guess you have experienced losses yourself due to people who think no cap kill all would be a good idea in a 3v5...

Hope this wasn't too much whining from my side.

Sincerely,
Sabu

I recently tried this again after watching Girls Und Panzer Der Film,but didn't have any more luck getting into it on my second attempt.

Especially during summer this game can be very unforgiving, I even think today you get very much 'rerolls' (new accounts made by experienced players) which can really destroy your game if you're completely new.

If you try it together with one or two friends it should be more enjoyable anyways.

Kind regards,
Sabu

SabuInu said:
...I even think today you get very much 'rerolls' (new accounts made by experienced players)...

People do this? I could never do that myself, I have so much time invested in my garage and crews. I really should focus on one tree, tank, and crew at a time but I can't. I keep playing all sorts of vehicles and nations. Unfortunately this really can slow down the growth in a line. I only just got my first tier 9 (E75) a few weeks ago. But I have four other tanks ready to tier up to 9 as soon as I can make all the money I need.

Hehe I know that, I have 2 tier X and grinded hard during top of the tree and during the Type 62 event on EU....Comet to FV4202 (Cent. Action X now) in 2 weeks.

Have about 6 or 7 Tier VII ready to purchase but I lack credits for now.

Rerolling might be not that popular on NA, but on the EU it really is, I was farming some credits with my recently purchased Skoda T40 and there are many players with less than 2000games played and wn8 2000+ and a win rate near 60%...

...no new player can be this 'good'

Generally speaking, what is considered a good win rate? I've never paid any attention to my stats at all, but actually talking to someone that plays this game for the first time has me wondering if mine are any good. I don't consider myself that good of a player, and I'm sure that I'm not. But I still enjoy the game...most of the time.

Most players and streamers would say good is about 54%+, the majority or mediocre players are about 49% (victory and defeats almost the same plus draws which count as defeat for both teams)

Off course win rate is not everything, but I can tell you from my experience, if a team mate let me down it's usually one with less than 46% - at this moment I know why he has this percentage.

I am only slightly above the majority but I become better -slowly- but better :)

Really? Oh SNAP!!! That means I must be straight up MLG, yo!! Hahahaha, I have no idea what that really means, I think people use it to describe good plays or something. I don't feel like a "good" player. I've got 55% win ratio and I thought that was horrible. I just enjoy the game and the tanks. I almost always end up buying the latest premiums, I like collecting them. I only have one tank with barrel marks though, and that's my Sherman Jumbo. I loved that thing for a long time and I kind of leapt from that tank into heavies. I mostly play heavies and TD's now.

The only tanks I have 55% are the Tier 8/9 tanks which I played often and I had fun with...I try to find someone who is better than me and willing to teach me how to make the right decisions during the game to have more impact.

I just try to have an impact on the enemy team whilst not getting in the way of my own, lol. Do you have a favorite tier 8?

No not really, I bought the Pz.58 Mutz recently, but not played it yet.

I like the FCM 50T, but when it comes to standard vehicles, I was glad when I got through the Tier 8...Centurion 7/1 is so much better IMO than the Centurion 1.

Same goes for the Jagdtiger, it's predecessor the Ferdinand (which I had to play, there was no Jagdpanther II) is not flexible enough for my taste...the Jagdtiger does everything better.

its a fun but different game

SabuInu said:
Same goes for the Jagdtiger, it's predecessor the Ferdinand (which I had to play, there was no Jagdpanther II) is not flexible enough for my taste...the Jagdtiger does everything better.

I'm looking forward to the Jaagdtiger. I really enjoy my T-28 Prot, but man, what a rude slap in the face the first time I drove it! I'm so glad that the first tree that I really worked my way through were the Churchill's, if it weren't for that I'd probably have no patience for something that slow.

Snowfox1 said:
its a fun but different game
What platform do you play on? Have you gotten very far?

I just got a MOE on my T28 Prot. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back