I'm done with US Pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzuki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
This is a little rant! So be warned hehe.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm originally from the UK but now living in the US.

I loved wearing Pampers baby dry size 6 as they fit me very well and were super comfy! They weren't tight either and held a good sized wetting with minimal to no leakage.

But since coming to the US and wearing the Pampers baby dry size 6 sold here, I've noticed they're considerably smaller, noticeably weaker and extraordarinly thinner. They can't withstand even a tiny wetting and won't even cover my whole butt :x

I even compared both the UK baby dry nappy I brought with me along side the US one and found that the UK one was not only noticeably bigger in size but also thicker.

Oh and from my experience, US Pampers cruisers size 7 are identical to the US baby dry size 6.

It was mentioned in a previous post that this could have been a marketing ploy to force parents into buying more diapers instead of getting more than one use out of a single diaper. Which seems plausible especially since you get less diapers per packet than you would in the UK.

For any guys or girls out there who think they're just too big for Pampers in the US. You're not. These Pampers are unrealistically tiny.

Anyway, I'm avoiding US Pampers from now on and sticking to the UK ones ordered online.

Uzuki said:
This is a little rant! So be warned hehe.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm originally from the UK but now living in the US.

I loved wearing Pampers baby dry size 6 as they fit me very well and were super comfy! They weren't tight either and held a good sized wetting with minimal to no leakage.

But since coming to the US and wearing the Pampers baby dry size 6 sold here, I've noticed they're considerably smaller, noticeably weaker and extraordarinly thinner. They can't withstand even a tiny wetting and won't even cover my whole butt :x

I even compared both the UK baby dry nappy I brought with me along side the US one and found that the UK one was not only noticeably bigger in size but also thicker.

Oh and from my experience, US Pampers cruisers size 7 are identical to the US baby dry size 6.

It was mentioned in a previous post that this could have been a marketing ploy to force parents into buying more diapers instead of getting more than one use out of a single diaper. Which seems plausible especially since you get less diapers per packet than you would in the UK.

For any guys or girls out there who think they're just too big for Pampers in the US. You're not. These Pampers are unrealistically tiny.

Anyway, I'm avoiding US Pampers from now on and sticking to the UK ones ordered online.

It would be interesting to get some carefully-taken measurements of the UK Baby Dry diapers. We had somebody post Active Fit measurements a while back (at my behest) and they were on par with Cruisers.

...and about the whole Cruisers 7 size thing: I think it's just that the "active toddler" diapers are intended to ride lower. It's not just a Pampers thing; Huggies Little Movers in size 6 are considerably shorter than the other Huggies size 6 diapers. In any case, if it was a marketing ploy, it didn't work very well, because hardly any brick-and-mortar stores carry Cruisers 7 anymore. And from a DL's perspective, it's not much of a loss. As you said, they're the same size as Baby Dry 6. But, more importantly, Baby Dry 6 is almost as stretchy, so the enormous advantage Cruisers 7 once had has all but disappeared.

(One thing that sorta spoils the "active toddler" theory mentioned above is that Pampers Swaddlers follows the same sizing as Cruisers. *scratches head*)

Where do you get UK pampers shipped to the Us?

babybobby said:

Any love?

Being that I can still wear/use US pampers, I'd love to see these UK ones if they are even bigger/more absorbent. Be cool as Cottontail said if someone could get some measurements.

I noticed UK pampers also got a lot smaller a few months ago.

Is it much of a surprise that you as an adult, find baby diapers not to be effective?

Fire2box said:
Is it much of a surprise that you as an adult, find baby diapers not to be effective?

Well I've mentioned before I use ConvertUps to help me wear baby diapers and they're effective for me, I live in the UK

Fire2box said:

+1

babybobby said:

@OP.. Any guidance?

Fire2box said:

Well I think it's common knowledge in the ABDL community that larger sizes in Pampers have been known to fit adults. I have a small waist and they fit great in the UK as did the old Pampers size 7. They also held a great lot. But for some reason Pampers have shrunk their product.

Uzuki said:
Well I think it's common knowledge in the ABDL community that larger sizes in Pampers have been known to fit adults. I have a small waist and they fit great in the UK as did the old Pampers size 7. They also held a great lot. But for some reason Pampers have shrunk their product.

Sorry but I have to ask / point out - are you sure it's a problem of "they've shrunk", and not "you've grown"?

bambinod said:
Sorry but I have to ask / point out - are you sure it's a problem of "they've shrunk", and not "you've grown"?

Don't be sorry, that's fine. I mentioned in my main post that I compared UK Pampers size 6 with US Pampers size 6 and found the UK ones to be considerably larger. They fit me perfectly where as the US ones couldn't fit at all.

babybobby said:
@OP.. Any guidance?

Oh! Sorry...Check out ebay under international sellers.

Uzuki said:

And it's also common knowledge they aren't designed to be worn by adults.

Fire2box said:
And it's also common knowledge they aren't designed to be worn by adults.

Doesn't stop us from trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back