Not open for further replies.

AngelicaPickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
If someone diapers me then putting it on my self I might have a hard time doing it.

You mean like, when you're age-playing, or just in general? Sounds from other threads like you have some experience with diapers. It does take time, though, especially with the two- and three-tape-per-side dispies. Those can still present a learning curve for me--one of the reasons I really like the single-tape variety. And old-school cloth diapers. Sure, you can prick yourself with a pin--and what a great reason to cry!--but you get as many do-overs as your sanity allows. :)

Cottontail said:
You mean like, when you're age-playing, or just in general? Sounds from other threads like you have some experience with diapers. It does take time, though, especially with the two- and three-tape-per-side dispies. Those can still present a learning curve for me--one of the reasons I really like the single-tape variety. And old-school cloth diapers. Sure, you can prick yourself with a pin--and what a great reason to cry!--but you get as many do-overs as your sanity allows. :)
i have yet to wear one from what i read on here and watched YouTube looks easy but ill might still have problems

Practice...Practice....Practice....

I am sure that all of use that use disposable diapers have had trouble at the beginning putting them on - tapes in the wrong position, diaper on backwards, and so forth. You just have to try again till you get it right.

were is best place to put on diaper on my bed our on floor?

Cerebral Palsy and Autism guy, me, have been diapering myself for decades.
I diaper myself seated, standing, and lying in my bed.

You'll get a lot of different responses here on how to diaper up. Obviously having someone else do it for you is probably going to be the easiest. With no disabilities, I find it's easiest for me to do the "stand by a wall/door" method. This is a lot more "portable" technique because you can do it in the bathroom, bedroom, single occupancy bathroom, or even in a stall in a public restroom. It's good to know how to do this even if it's not your regular method, just because sometimes it will be your only option. Laying down on the bed may work well for you, but you're not going to be able to do that in a stall, and probably won't WANT to do that even in a single occupancy. (laying down on a public bathroom floor? nothankyou)

I don't think it's possible to get a good snug fit while sitting down. Your pelvis just changes shape too much when you stand up.

The other option I have is the "pretape". Once you've worn a model of diaper long enough, you know where the tapes go. I can pretape most diapers to get a perfect, snug flit every time. Then I just pull them up (slowly, "doin the diaper shimmy!") and pull out a bit and add in a dash of powder and I'm off. Good fit every time, considerably faster too. I've also found that most tapes are vulnerable to popping in the first 10 minutes they're down - they seem to "set" afer that and grip better, so pretaping ahead of time also prevents pops. The only serious drawback is they don't fold up as compact since most adult diapers are trifolded, so once taped they are a bit longer.

In the morning I lay down a new diaper open on the floor, poweder up above it so it acts like a drop cloth for the powder, then I pull up one that was pretaped the previous morning. After adding in a little dash more powder, I pretape the one I had laying on the floor and set it aside for the next morning. My overnight diapers however get pretaped right before I pull them on. I've found that the tapes always get fully stuck down, not over any folds or ay a weird angle that will break them, and never have to be moved, so the fit is perfect and their performance is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back