They're all going soft!!! Important product warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not again! So recently I get a pack of Flufsan nappies via Amazon UK (Flufsan's are a brand I've reviewed previously - simple Google search 'flufsans adisc' and my review's the 'top of the (result) pile'), I used them one or twice before in the past but haven't had them for about a year maybe two but anyway...they arrive and I open them and I'm expecting them to be plastic-backed 'coz they were last time and a product change would really surprise me and...BAM! Cloth-backed! I could scream! I mean I've just got over a disappointing bought-via-the-intanet run-in with some Molicares and I don't need this. The Molicares had changed without warning (OK without warning for me...their change has been talked about previously on this site tho I didn't find said discussions!) and now so had the Flufsans, 2 make things all the more desperation-inducing the packaging of the recent Molicares said they'd gone premium and air but no packaging change with the Flufsan's - infact after opening I read every bit of English I could find on the packaging and it (basically) said they were still plastic-backed...nuh uh, they were as many miles from plastic-backed as you can be.
It's ridiculous - I ended up replacing unexpected cloth-backed nappies...with unexpected cloth-backed nappies! Aaaaaah!

So this is my worry. Are all adult brands (normal adult brands - see later in the post) going cloth-backed? I don't think I could take that (!!), all the baby nappies went cloth-backed at the start of the millennium and that was difficult then. We've now lost (possibly in order): Suprem Lille's, Tena's, Molicare's and Flufsan's (trumpet salute the fallen at this point if you wish) and it's been confirmed we're on track to lose classic Abena M4's (how dare they!). This leaves us with: (UK) Boots Pharmacie's (Attends rip-offs) Stay-dry Slips (which hav stayed plastic despite feather logos - make note of that and enjoy that point as a positive!), Soffisofs (really bad - avoid avoid avoid!), Lille Classics, Aidapts, iD Experts and UK Attends.

(USA) Depends, USA Attends inclueding Waistbands, XP Medical's, Tranqility's, Comficare's, Wellness-es and Dry 24/7's

(Other Countries) Seni's (ugh, do not like these), Vlesia's (not much of an imprvmnt on the Seni's), Dr Kang's, Kolibri's and BeeSana's (hear these are good and sooooooo yellow!)

But what's (what brand's) gonna go next? I don't know and it's very difficult to find out - at least that's how I feel 'bout all this.
if you wer thinkin I've forgotten something I haven't - ther are of cours all the brands made for us DLABs and the companys behind those nappies are going to rake it in if normal briefs for genuine users (incontinence...duh!) all change for...(speaking as a DL) the worst. Thank goodness for Cuddlz, BKN's, Snuggies, Fabines, Awww So Cute's, Mydiaper's and every diaper from the Bambino back-catolog!

So we've lost another of the gooduns (read my revu - I won't shpool here), and if you've any lamentations, similar fears, news-bites or thoughts...please don't hesitate to type something! bringmesunshine

It's crazy watching all the brands drop plastic backing one by one, shout outs to all the plastic back lovers out there. I feel incredibly fortunate that I like the cloth backed ones 10000000x more.

Import your Molicares from America? Because here they are staying plastic backed.

bringmesunshine said:
Molicare's and Flufsan's (trumpet salute the fallen at this point if you wish) and it's been confirmed we're on track to lose classic Abena M4's (how dare they!).

I'm pretty sure that the Abenas will be available in both plastic backed or cloth backed. They were going to switch to cloth backed, but changed their minds & now offer either.

Like Oceltot said, the Molicares in the US are supposed to stay plastic backed.

I have no links / references to support this. It's just parts of conversations I've read by others on this site. The person saying that Molicares would remain plastic backed in the US was Adam from Northshore.

The Northshore briefs will be plastic as well. They are very similar to the Abenas.

I emailed the guys at SaveExpress a few weeks ago and they replied that they will selling 2 new abdl style nappies, these were going to on the site in 1-2 months, they are going to be plastic backed!
So watch this space! Looking forward to seeing what they look like!

Mattew said:
The Northshore briefs will be plastic as well. They are very similar to the Abenas.

Just make sure you get the Northshore Supremes and not the Airsupremes!

Nivy said:
Just make sure you get the Northshore Supremes and not the Airsupremes!

Very true. Yeah, I should have mentioned that in there. Thanks

Oceltot said:
Import your Molicares from America? Because here they are staying plastic backed.

Thank you sooooooo much for this update my friend! I may some more just to comfort me now via the mighty SaveExpress site! bms

- - - Updated - - -

Waddlebum said:
I emailed the guys at SaveExpress a few weeks ago and they replied that they will selling 2 new abdl style nappies, these were going to on the site in 1-2 months, they are going to be plastic backed!
So watch this space! Looking forward to seeing what they look like!

Are they (SE) the makers of them? Or are they all ready existant known brands like the Awww So Cute or Snuggies Waddler? bms

Save Express are going to be the makers of them, I emailed them a while back asking if they were ever going to sell Bambinos , and they replied that they never got any replies from them, so they decided to manufacture their own abdl style nappies instead. I've been informed they will be plastic backed with high absorbency, can't wait to see what they look like! I'm hoping they won't be too expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back