Urine Odor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual_Gravity_27

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone have a supplement/food/method of reducing urine odor?

Sometimes my pee can be weird because I already Take a lot of health supplements due to chronic illness.

My girlfriend is willing to change me perhaps, but the smell of urine would have to be minimized she says.

Anything to do that?

I am using rearz safari diapers for the first time, not sure if those have any deodorizing qualities built in or not...

I don't have a lot of suggestions on food, but I know you should keep yourself well hydrated, drinking a lot of water. Some things will make your urine smell, like coffee, and I'm a big coffee drinker. Of course, asparagus is a big no no.

Water. Urine should be clear or mostly clear with a tint of yellow. If your urine is has a distinct color or odor then you are dehydrated and need more water. Simple as that.

chlorophyll can help a bit

A product called Nullo, can be gotten online, masked smell from #1 and 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Essential Oils

Virtual_Gravity_27 said:
Does anyone have a supplement/food/method of reducing urine odor?
My wife and I have gotten used to using essential oils for many uses in our day to day needs, last year she started adding drops of Lavender Oil into the nappy (Dry 24/7) after adding powder. For some reason it helps a bunch as the lavender ends up smelling stronger than anything else. This may not be discreet if you are not known for using essential oils as you may smell like a hippy that used too much lavender.

We use Organic Lavender from Veriditas Botanicals. It costs about 30 dollars for a one ounce bottle. It is skin safe. I do not recommend using any old cheap stuff as it could burn your skin - or cause rashes.
(No affiliation to company) - Google Veriditas Botanicals lavender angustifolia
It is the one that we use.
Hope that may help!

Side note: Get yourself a diffuser and oils - we have one that changes colors and makes the room smell amazing like a nursery!

Most soups will make their presence known a second time as well.

I'll have to give the lavender suggestion a try. I hate fearing the dreaded wet diaper smell at the end of my workday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife always tells me discreetly if I start to smell of pee.

Mine too, but I'm concerned about my workplace. I do wear 24/7 due to incontinence, but no one knows about it and changing diaper at my workplace is next to impossible without disclosing, hence I wear high capacity premium diapers. Plastic pants on top to help reduce any odor, but still sometimes I do sense the smell of my diaper at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife also lets me know, if she smells anything I try to change a bit more often now to minimize the oder while out and about.

Mine too, though I seldom let it get that bad. Just use high capacity diapers and stay hydrated (again, your pee should be clear or mostly clear with a tint of yellow). If you do this, then your diaper will not smell bad no matter how soaked it gets, and for at least 8 hours.

For night time I use the always discreet underwear and they produce a fragance like lavender when wet.

Slomo said:
Mine too, though I seldom let it get that bad. Just use high capacity diapers and stay hydrated (again, your pee should be clear or mostly clear with a tint of yellow). If you do this, then your diaper will not smell bad no matter how soaked it gets, and for at least 8 hours.
I second Slomo here, plenty of water and the smell is tiny, put on a pair of plastic pants on top of your diaper, and no one will smell that you have a very wet diaper on, not even after 8 hours.

Drink lots of coffee and soda, and you'll quickly notice a very distinct smell of a wet diaper that's due for a change, immediately! Even with plastic pants, been there done that. And water is more healthy than coffee and soda.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

NotTheAverageMan said:
I second Slomo here, plenty of water and the smell is tiny, put on a pair of plastic pants on top of your diaper, and no one will smell that you have a very wet diaper on, not even after 8 hours.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

I do genuinely think this is a good idea, but for me it's a double edged sword, if I drink enough water my urine won't smell... on the other hand if I drink too much, it would make me bulge excessively!

NigelM said:
I do genuinely think this is a good idea, but for me it's a double edged sword, if I drink enough water my urine won't smell... on the other hand if I drink too much, it would make me bulge excessively!

Don't worry about the diaper bulge. Having a urine odor is going to be the most obvious, so it makes sense to drink lots of water. Having a diaper leak because you drank so much yet still wore a thin diaper is the next most obvious.

Seriously, there are loads of people here who have said they were afraid of being noticed with a thick diaper on. These same people have all also said they learned that nobody notices. With this in mind it makes the most sense to wear a thick diaper. It really is the least noticeable way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back