Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I'm going to go against the grain on what vibe I was getting about snuggies overnights and say that I'm a little disappointed with this diaper.

On the positive note, it is super cute, and I like that it has water fading stars and such, and it does hold water ok, but...

First, it claims that it can hold 135 oz of water, while xpmedical claims that a dry 24/7 can hold 95 oz. I was expecting a thicker diaper than the dry 24/7, but looking at them right now next to each other, they are about the same and I'm still favoring the 24/7 to maybe be thicker. Also, on use, I feel like the dry 24/7 does better at holding fluid still.

Second, the tapes on the snuggies overnights do not hold up for more than probably 4 hours, certainly not the length of a night. Most of the time, one or two of the tapes break from the back end, they still hold to the front landing zone of the diaper, but the back end where the tape starts, just falls off.

I still think it is a fun diaper, but I feel like the next time I am going to get a all over print diaper, I'm just going to get a cloth cushies, and those are more of a play diaper anyway, but I still trust them more strangely. Or I will stick with the dry 24/7 for when I need a better diaper than my boosted certainties makeshift.

The cushies that I just got in im having problems with the tapes breaking on them and their the cloth cushies I love the snuggies diapers overnight

MichaelWeston said:
I just ordered some yesterday, Ill report back when I form an opinion.

Well hopefully I don't ruin your experience. They are still a cool diaper, I guess I was just expecting a little more.

For me, they work significantly better than the Dry 24-7s. The Snuggies actually wick, unlike the Dry 24-7s, and the tapes always stick to the front of the Snuggies, and I lose a tape from the Dry 24-7s about 3/4 of the time. I have had about a 10% failure rate overall on one of the 4 tapes on the Snuggies overnights, but it's not like they weren't soaked to capacity when the tapes ripped...and that's simply not been the case with the last case of Dry 24-7s that I bought...

tallbaby said:
For me, they work significantly better than the Dry 24-7s. The Snuggies actually wick, unlike the Dry 24-7s, and the tapes always stick to the front of the Snuggies, and I lose a tape from the Dry 24-7s about 3/4 of the time. I have had about a 10% failure rate overall on one of the 4 tapes on the Snuggies overnights, but it's not like they weren't soaked to capacity when the tapes ripped...and that's simply not been the case with the last case of Dry 24-7s that I bought...

Interesting, that is a bit of a different experience than mine, maybe I just got a bad batch of tapes.

LOVE my Overnights. Two words - New Favorite

Tyger said:
First, it claims that it can hold 135 oz of water, while xpmedical claims that a dry 24/7 can hold 95 oz. I was expecting a thicker diaper than the dry 24/7, but looking at them right now next to each other, they are about the same and I'm still favoring the 24/7 to maybe be thicker. Also, on use, I feel like the dry 24/7 does better at holding fluid still.

I agree that this claim is realistically bogus. I suspect they measured (if they did any kind of testing whatsoever) by pouring fluid on an outstretched sample over the entire area of the diaper to achieve a rating. Unfortunately, people simply don't use diapers like doggie mats, and that's before any press-out. I also agree that this diaper is unbelievably comfortable.

Tyger said:
Second, the tapes on the snuggies overnights do not hold up for more than probably 4 hours, certainly not the length of a night. Most of the time, one or two of the tapes break from the back end, they still hold to the front landing zone of the diaper, but the back end where the tape starts, just falls off.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While multiple people have resonated this statement, I seem to be one of the more fortunate customers that haven't had this problem yet. It is possible it just doesn't fit you correctly. I suppose the correct stance is 'Your Mix May Vary'.

Entity said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While multiple people have resonated this statement, I seem to be one of the more fortunate customers that haven't had this problem yet. It is possible it just doesn't fit you correctly. I suppose the correct stance is 'Your Mix May Vary'.

That might be the case that it doesn't fit me correctly, but I'm in between sizes, and I chose the larger size, which I am able to get snug and to fit well as far as I can tell. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I like to have a diaper fairly snug, and the majority of the time, within 4-6 hours, I have a tape pop from the root of itself. I guess I could tape it on looser, but then I wouldn't feel like I can trust that it won't leak.

- - - Updated - - -

MichaelWeston said:
I am reporting back like I said I would. I really like them. They are comparably thick to the bambinos, hold a similar amount and have a better design. I have been wearing them for a week straight 24/7.

Glad to hear that you are pleased with them.

- - - Updated - - -

babybobby said:
I've shared my (similar) experience here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/94652-Snuggies-Overnights-Tapes-focused-feedback

TLDR - Rub the tapes on the snuggies until they get hot from friction, that seems to help "activate" the adhesive.

That is the thing, the adhesive holds just fine, it is the structure of the tape that is holding onto the back flaps that doesn't hold on.

Tyger said:
the majority of the time, within 4-6 hours, I have a tape pop from the root of itself.

As far as I've seen, this seems to be an issue with AB diapers. I've had that same thing happening on a batch of Fabines some time ago, and lately I got a case of Rearz Insipre diapers and to my great disappointment they do that as well. I e-mailed the companies, Fabine didn't even reply, and the place I got the Insipre from denied that such a problem could be a manufacturing issue.

The only solution I've found to it is getting some (preferrably white, or cute) duct tape and use that over the original tapes, which is pretty frustrating considering those diapers are the expensive kind. Or just stick to medical brands like Abena and Dry 24/7 which never failed on me (the bottom tapes on Dry 24/7 have a tendency to unstick themselves if I don't wear something to support the diaper but that's just a fit issue with me not having a big butt and the diaper starting to sag as it gets wet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back