Gathering Interest for a Median Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've made a poll to express the interest of a median, ABDL themed diaper. I know at least a few people here are also interested. Please visit this poll so that we can get our opinions to vendors. Please also share this poll with other communities as well so that we can get as many opinions as possible. Thank You.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/614420

If you'd like to share your thoughts and ideas please do so.

What's a median diaper?

I haven't voted in the poll because, given my view, I can't really answer all the questions.

I think because AB/DL diapers cost so much, people want the maximum possible amount of performance out of them. AB/DL diapers are always going to cost a lot, because supply is limited and demand is constant so the equilibrium price is going to be high regardless of the diaper's performance. However, because the diaper costs so much, people expect performance commensurate with the price.

For me I consider ABUs vintage (v2s) to be about perfect if I am not looking for super duper high capacity but if there were much cheaper ABDL products marketed as such I think they have a chance.

I was considering adding the costs but thought this should be a more of thegeneral idea of interest in such a product.

The description of a median diaper is explained at the poll itself.

You have already ruined your poll and skewed the results.

When you ask a question like "Are you interested in XXXX?" you attract people who are interested in XXXX, and most of those who aren't will simply move on, not taking your poll. This is how special interests groups skew results in their favor of their ideas. You have probably seen news stories with words like "The overwhelming majority of people who responded to our poll are in favor of banning religion from schools." or "The overwhelming majority of people who responded to our poll are believe the world is flat."
If you word a poll so it will attract only people who agree with your idea, you can have a poll that favors anything.

I bet right now the number of people answering Yes to your pole is probably 2 to 1 in favor of medium capacity diapers. However, if you had started this thread with " Gathering Interest for a super capacity Diaper " and made the first question of your poll " Are you interested in a supper capacity diaper" the results would look the same in favor of the super capacity diaper.

If you actually want to know if people are interested in a medium capacity diaper, you have to be careful to never mention any specific capacity, unless you mention all possible capacities. try this instead:

Gathering Information for a New Adult Diaper
and your poll would look like this:

Do you or someone in your family wear Adult diapers?
Y?
N?

What capacity do you wear most often?
<1L?
1L?
2L?
3L?
4L?
5L?
>5L?

What capacity do think is most undeserved by the market?
<1L?
1L?
2L?
3L?
4L?
5L?
>5L?

If a new diaper came to market, what capacity would most interest you?
<1L?
1L?
2L?
3L?
4L?
5L?
>5L?

I'm with Kaliborio on this. When choosing a make/model, I'm looking for "bang for my buck", not design. With the major manufacturers moving to cloth coverings, it may ultimately be the ABDL companies who hold the line on plastic. But in this case (say, a plain, medium capacity, plastic-backed diaper), they will need to start marketing them to the general incontinence community as well to bring the price down.

Argent said:
For me I consider ABUs vintage (v2s) to be about perfect if I am not looking for super duper high capacity but if there were much cheaper ABDL products marketed as such I think they have a chance.
Those hold not much less than the premium line. I would preferably would like something more affordable and less bulky but have the same features of the premium diapers. Something that would compare to a Tena Slip Maxi. Something with that still has a decent capacity, but not the futons that are available today.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Those hold not much less than the premium line. I would preferably would like something more affordable and less bulky but have the same features of the premium diapers. Something that would compare to a Tena Slip Maxi. Something with that still has a decent capacity, but not the futons that are available today.

It's funny to make the comparison with a Tena Slip Maxi, because the new versions of Cushies and SDKs are more like TSM than most things that are on the market right now. They start thinner than the typical premium and puff up. The only one I can think of offhand that's closer to that is Unique Wellness Superio. Additionally, TSMs were pricey for what their capacity due to being an import. I still loved them but they weren't a cheap diaper.

I'm also a proponent of seeing a few more options in the cute or just decently featured diaper that isn't so thick. I like to have variety and my normal wearing pattern tends more often toward thinner products for a matter of comfort. It's great we have these diapers with fantastic capacity but I hope they will expand the middle of the market more. Tykables has responded favorably to this already in consumer questioning. I doubt it will ever be as important as the thick diapers are but a few decent choices on the low and medium areas would be much appreciated.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I was considering adding the costs but thought this should be a more of thegeneral idea of interest in such a product.

The description of a median diaper is explained at the poll itself.
Ahh, sorry, I didn't clicked the link.

I agree with your assessment a lot, I actually see very few reasons for wanting a high capacity diaper. I just don't see the point in wearing one wet diaper for 8 hours straight or more. At some point it becomes really uncomfortable, and I like diaper changes. It makes me feel little and I like changing from a more bigger and saturated diaper to a fresh, dry and thinner one after a while.

And diapers like these exist outside of the abdl realm, in brands like Tena for example, that are of great quality but discrete and have good to medium capacities.

I don't know how I'd mess the poll up, but if you want, you can make a poll fitting what you'd expect to see in such a poll.

I didn't go in to much detail, because this poll was really designed towards gathering interest. I though of many questions for this, but I didn't want to make it too long and wanted to keep it short and simple.

I guess it's obvious, that I'm interested in such a product. I don't know how else to present it to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back