Any gym rats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedOutdoorsman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I used to love going to the gym and need to get back in. I was just wondering if there was any tips on what to wear and not to wear as far as diapers (I currently am wearing the abri flexs). I am not planning on doing my longer cardio intensive workouts while diapered, just more so the lifting portion (I.e squats and presses). I have a home gym so it also won't always be in public.

Without trying to be a killjoy, I'd recommend not wearing diapers whilst exercising. The amount of sweat you get 'down under' after a good workout will massively increase the likelihood of diaper rash. I'd recommend just wearing a pair of sports shorts and nothing underneath. If you're a 24/7 wearer and letting it all hang loose would feel weird for you, then I'd say pull-ups are a good compromise.

Reactions: daLira
Sanch said:
Without trying to be a killjoy, I'd recommend not wearing diapers whilst exercising. The amount of sweat you get 'down under' after a good workout will massively increase the likelihood of diaper rash. I'd recommend just wearing a pair of sports shorts and nothing underneath. If you're a 24/7 wearer and letting it all hang loose would feel weird for you, then I'd say pull-ups are a good compromise.

It can also make the diaper lose effectiveness. I find diapers don't wick and absorb as well once they are even a little bit damp for some time. Though I guess this will highly depend on the diaper brand.

A gym workout tends to last 2 - 3 hours max depending on the work out, so a pull-up would be a great compromise, and a cheaper alternative then say using premium diapers. So if 24/7, as Sanch has pointed out, pull-ups are probably your best bet.

Pull ups. Less chaffing.

I never ran into this problem. I HATE the gym. Exercise outside is always my way.

I love the gym, but it's about the last place I'd wear diapers to. Imagine how much you'll be sweating with all the endothermic heat that comes with a diaper, even just lifting. Then it will cling to your skin, which will take all the comfort away and affect your focus on the workout. Unless of course there's a blizzard in your house :biggrin:

Thank you all for your help! I have done some lifting in my garage diapered, but it is pretty cold in there so it wasn't an issue. Come summer time I would imagine it will be a different story.

I'm going to say not to wear diapers while working out you get a much better workout without them,but if you must I suggest something thin or a pullup.

I tried doing cardio once at home while diapered (and wet) and it wasn't an issue but I think longer than 20 minutes or so it could be. I don't wear a diaper while doing any kind of lifting, I want to focus completely on the exercise and I find the diapers a distraction. (albeit a nice one)

I usually wear cloth diapers and "rubber" pants when I exercise. I always use a lot of powder and change right before I start.

In my experience, disposable diapers cannot survive barbell squats done to full depth. The plastic backing splits.

If diapers during a heavy leg workout cannot be avoided, I'd think a cloth pull-on with baggy plastic pants would be the best choice.

I'm a 24/7 wearer / user and comfortably work out in diapers. Instead of my usual diaper I wear either Tena Maxi (the plastic backed that they're phasing out) or Abena Delta Form. Either way, I change into a "workout" diaper immediately before and have no problems doing elliptical and weight training. Powder between the legs is important to help prevent chafing. Because it's my home gym, it's just diapers and shoes for me!

I agree with lacutah. I've used the Tena Slip Maxi's while working out at the gym, and had great success. The tapes were strong enough to hold as I did squats, push ups, and lifted weights. I typically work out 4-6 times per week, and the Tena Slip Maxi's are great. I usually wear a compression type short over it to reduce any noise and keep everything in place. What's great about the Tena Slip Maxi's is that they are still fairly discreet (until it gets really wet, but by then usually I am done working out). Once I'm done working out, I typically change in to a Northshore Supreme or an Abena M4 for more protection.

I don't really do any gym visits or what not, but if I did have to I would likely just utilize my cloth overnight diaper and plastic pants since they won't get clumped as a disposable would be likely to do under heavy activity

I never wear or ever plan to wear to the gym but I've seen other people posting about running 3+ miles on a treadmill at a public gym in running shorts and a Tena Slip Maxi.

Last edited:
brabbit1987 said:
It can also make the diaper lose effectiveness. I find diapers don't wick and absorb as well once they are even a little bit damp for some time. Though I guess this will highly depend on the diaper brand.

A gym workout tends to last 2 - 3 hours max depending on the work out, so a pull-up would be a great compromise, and a cheaper alternative then say using premium diapers. So if 24/7, as Sanch has pointed out, pull-ups are probably your best bet.

2-3 hours!? The longest I go is an hour.

Anyway, I agree. Pull-ups are better. Just. Even something as thin / discrete as that can be a damned distraction.

And I refuse to answer any questions, your honour. *ssnickers*

Thanks everyone - you have convinced me I have a valid reason not to exercise!

Now where are those cookies?

Thank you everyone for all the replies! I have done a few lifting sessions while diapered, never at the actual gym though( that would be a BIG distraction). I wear the abena pull ons and love them. I haven't had any issues so far, but haven't tried any cardio yet, I will no running when I have some powder. Thank you again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back