Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
http://www.watchmojo.com/video/id/15166/

Posted on Feb 9, the first mentioned fetish is AB's for number 10. There isn't any new content that we haven't seen as a community, but the comments from the narrator was pretty respectful, so that is good.

I agree. I posted this in the AB/DLism in Pop Culture yesterday. They gave the facts and were rather neutral in their opinion. :)

Whilst I'm not that fussed about how the media treats ABDL, I was actually pretty pleased with that. It's fair, it's neutral and about as informative regarding our community as a 1-minute section of a lighthearted video can be. Also interesting that we're in their list for common fetishes, not for 'strange' ones. Maybe ABDL is going mainstream after all. ;)

There is a channel, think it's called alltimetop10s, who did the top 10 strangest fetishes but he was neutral about it

Sanch said:
Also interesting that we're in their list for common fetishes, not for 'strange' ones. Maybe ABDL is going mainstream after all. ;)

Exactly my thoughts! Like hey maybe we're not that weird after all :laugh: but i'd also like to know why they decided to rank us #10 in most common. Still waiting for the day where there's a statistic like "3 in every 100".

That was pretty interesting and that's cool we got some tasteful recognition.

I just had to look up "spanking skirts" (pretty much assless chaps, but a skirt, lol) and it's funny how wrong podophilia sounds when it really isn't. Quentin Tarantino, one of my all time favorite writers/directors is a podophile!

lol I love how they used footage from Tim and Eric's "Be a Baby" sketch.

[video=youtube;Fl1J9bUNZhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1J9bUNZhc[/video]

I saw this cause I'm subscribed to watchmojo and I watch their videos that interest me just about everyday. I don't know if this is a common fetish I have met very few people in person who actually have it. I don't think it is common as they say it is.

tall2826 said:
I don't know if this is a common fetish I have met very few people in person who actually have it. I don't think it is common as they say it is.

I think the very nature of fetishes - even the more mainstream ones - mean that most people are extremely private about them. That's borne out by the fact that a significant number of the ABDLs here (both sexual and non-sexual) keep this part of their lifestyle secret, even from the people they're closest to. Whilst we are undoubtedly a minority, you might well have met significantly more ABDLs than you realise.

Sanch said:
I think the very nature of fetishes - even the more mainstream ones - mean that most people are extremely private about them. That's borne out by the fact that a significant number of the ABDLs here (both sexual and non-sexual) keep this part of their lifestyle secret, even from the people they're closest to. Whilst we are undoubtedly a minority, you might well have met significantly more ABDLs than you realise.

Yeah this is probably the best way to put it. I've never told any of my friends or anything, so why would they tell me? I don't even hint at or leave any trace of this interest so i can only expect most others do the same. With this in mind, i do expect its possible i may even socialize with 1 or more abdls but have no way of knowing who. I appreciate the nature of privacy in our fetish, but at the same time i wish i could know how common this really was and if i actually knew people who were abdls as well.

Note said:
It's not. The fact that they put ABDL ahead of Furry (and they called it "Yiffing", which is an entirely different part of the culture) as being a more common fetish is proof that they have done poor research.

Maybe Furry's have just done a better job at creating a community than we have. At the same time though, as far as Furry seems strictly from my perspective, it does seem like something a little less embarrassing and easier to be open about, possibly even more of a "group activity" type thing than abdl is causing it to seem way more common. On multiple occasions i've seen apparent groups of furries eating together at dennys or hanging out at the mall or something, i can almost guarantee no matter how many abdls there are we'll never see people hanging out in restaurants or malls wearing diapers, onesies, bibs and sucking on pacifiers. Social stigma definitely plays a role in us thinking we're such a minority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back