Status
Not open for further replies.

BlizzardKid

Viper Loader= Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I manage a non profit thrift store. And besides getting deals on awesome furniture and clothes I sometimes have the pleasure of coming across donated diapers. In the half year I have worked there I have come across large Tena briefs and others unpackaged ones. Anyone else worked at or volunteered at a store for this reason?

I have never worked at a thrift store before. However I have picked up some old (plastic backed) assurances before and found them to be very usable, despite their low capacity.

I frequent local thrift shops and have found many great items, never diapers though, but I have seen them (early 2000's depends, brought back a lot of memories :)). I bought a sweater from 1984, a spare iMac g5 keyboard (I'm a collector of old computers), and an Apple Desktop Bus Mouse ll.

I find that thrift stores are a pretty fun place to find diapers. I've worked at a thrift store before - but the complication of buying them where you work would have been too much. However, there are plenty of other stores. I've purchased some diapers from thrift stores - rarely are they exceptional but it's still fun to throw something in your stash.

You can also score some vintage baby diapers from time to time. I once found a ultra pampers plus sample in the old school teal/gold cardboard box they used to come in. But like anything at a thrift store it's one part luck and another part persistence in the hunt.

I check out the thrift stores here from time to time, but nine chances out of ten they only have bulk amounts of cloth-backed Tena and the occasional package of Depend. From time to time they have had the poly-back Tena.

Once or twice I have found hospital brand (The ones in the clear plastic wrapping) or the extremely rare Attends, but they were in a size way to big so I didnt bother. If anything it is a cheap way to increase the stash.

Haven't really been to many but I hope too.

BlizzardKid said:
So I manage a non profit thrift store. And besides getting deals on awesome furniture and clothes I sometimes have the pleasure of coming across donated diapers. In the half year I have worked there I have come across large Tena briefs and others unpackaged ones. Anyone else worked at or volunteered at a store for this reason?

Never worked at a thrift store, but I have found and seen some interesting diapers while shopping. Thrift stores can be excellent places to find diapers as well as other babyish goods. Lots of stuff that I own has been purchased at thrift stores.

I just scored a new pair of GaryWear gray PUL panties for .99 at St Vinnies in Albany, Oregon! My biggest savings ever. They classified them as underwear.

I find stuff all the time, just went to my local Saver's and today there was atleast 8-10 bags of XL brief and pull on style diapers. Kinda cheap looking, plus not my size so I didnt pick them up.

Two Days ago I found two 12 packs of small Tena ultra briefs for less than 5 bucks and are a great fit. Before Then I have found Molicare, Abenas, and alot of other brands.

I am a dedicated thrifter and get lucky with all sorts of stuff really often, just gotta be persistent.

I have found a few off-brands at my local thrift store. Nothing special, but it nice to have variety.

I think that I once saw the British/Australian DryNites at a Big Lots store (in the US). I was with people at the time, so I couldn't investigate.

I've never worked at a thrift store though

baby664 said:
I think that I once saw the British/Australian DryNites at a Big Lots store (in the US). I was with people at the time, so I couldn't investigate.

That would have been awesome if you could have picked those up.

I've never worked at a thrift store but I've been in one a few times. One time I saw a box/case for pampers from the 90s however I was with people so I was unable to investigate to see if it was diapers or just thrift store stuff in a diaper box. lol

Saw an opened bag of Depends at a thrift store a few years back. They were plastic backed but the absorbency core wasn't cotton or particularly soft. They were also a size or two too large for me.

baby664 said:

I've even seen some old school goodnites, but sadly the small ones.

i always see packs of diapers at my local goodwill, but i'm always too nervous to pick them up, but i know they're there :)

Every time I've seen diapers at the thrift store they are low quality. One day I'll get lucky...

Yesterday I found a full Japanese schoolgirl uniform (sailor suit styled) at the salivation army for like $2.00, it's freaking awsome!

kitterdafoxy said:
Yesterday I found a full Japanese schoolgirl uniform (sailor suit styled) at the salivation army for like $2.00, it's freaking awsome!

Did you get it & does it fit?

BabyDenise said:
Did you get it & does it fit?

Of course I bought it, it fits extremely well over my fursuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back