Status
Not open for further replies.

aNerdyAnorak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I find it really hard to pee into a nappy whilst lying in bed. Has anyone else had this probblem? Also how do I overcome it?

Just do it.. do it often the more often the easier it becomes ..

There's no magic fix unfortunately, just lots of practice. It took me a long time to be able to do it laying down flat on my back, and even longer to do that without having my knees bent up with my feet flat on the mattress.

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
I find it really hard to pee into a nappy whilst lying in bed. Has anyone else had this probblem? Also how do I overcome it?

Do it every night for the next xx years. You’ll be surprised how easy it becomes. May even wish it was hard again!

try lying on your front, it will cope better if if you can go and your still appling presure to your abdomen then just drink a lot to make it easier to need to go

Thanks for the tips guys! :smile:

I have the same problem. I myself have a really strong bladder, so it's much more difficult for me. I find it the easiest if you're directly on your side, but sleeping like that is pretty uncomfortable. Still, just keep trying.

I also had problems when I started wearing diapers. But now I can do it with no problem.let me tell you how I overcomed it.

Getting used to diapers comes with steps. Peeing while standing is the easiest. Try to clear the steps in order and achieve mastery. First I learnt peeing while standing.then while walking, then while sitting. The first two steps were easy and I sat on the toilet and practised to clear the 3rd one. You may have already cleared these steps so I shall tell you how I learnt to do while lying down.

After clearing the steps I started to wear diapers to bed just to get comfortable. I did not force myself to pee. Instead I spent the first couple of nights just sleeping in them. As I kept on practising during the day to wet while standing, walking, sitting, anywhere everywhere it kind of became a part of me. I drank a lot of water before going to bed for a couple of weeks. I slept in full bladder. I slept in wet diapers and also in dry ones. Before going to sleep I sat on the bed,peed a little and lied down.sat again and kept on doing it like an exercise for like a week. Eventually my bladder gave up to the urge and I became able to pee freely while lying in bed. I also practised peeing in different angles while lying to become better at it.

P. S : Be sure to put on good quality diapers or have sufficient protections as peeing in different angles while lying can cause leaks

I don't have a problem doing so but the horizontal position causes things to not empty properly which can get a bit uncomfortable so I usually sit up in bed to pee.

R

Try peeing lying down and not in bed, I always found that easier or kneeling in my bed. After years of knowing not to pee your bed it's harder but you'll get used it

Thanks a lot guys, this advice really helps! I'm gonna pee lying down tonight trying some of these techniques to see if they work for me. :smile1:

chamberpot said:
Just do it.. do it often the more often the easier it becomes ..

I agree with this. Moreover do it in the most safe circumstances you possibly can.

The first time I peed while lying down, I was wearing a large, thick, high-rise cloth diaper with plastic pants + no other clothing. I had a towel over me, a towel under me and a bed pad under the bottom towel. I mention all this because what I did was create a situation where I had the minimum possible risk of leaking, and as little as possible to lose if I did.

I'm now a bedwetter, which isn't great, but it does kind of substantiate my method. :)

as everyone will say, "just keep practicing, and give it time"

It took me quite some time to be able to pee while laying in bed, but now all I need to do is put on a diaper and away I go. In fact I've noticed I will almost pee every 10 minutes or so, it's like an open faucet, anyone else do this?

i rarely pee while awake lying down, I do pee while asleep some nights. and my wife has said she can tell I am peeing juring the night as she can smell it when its happening. but the smell goes away when the diaper has absorbed the pee.

Laying down took me a lot of focus and practice. One thing that works for me is to practice relaxation techniques. While laying in a safe comfortable way. I feel safe while wearing a thick diaper, plastic pants and a disposable wet pad (chuck) under me. I focus on my feet completely relaxing my toes, then my arches, then my ancles and slowly moving up making sure each muscle group is relaxed completely before moving to the next group. By the time you get to the muscles that are restricking the urine flow half your body will be completely relaxed. After mastering this it will give you the most complete emptying of the bladder that you have ever had. I normally don't keep going with the relaxation until I end up falling asleep with a full wet diaper.

I find this difficult too.

Any time I try peeing my diaper while lying down, I leak out the top off the diaper.

Since I sleep on a couch, this is a no brainer for me, so I have to stand to pee.

- - - Updated - - -

Any time I try peeing my diaper while lying down, I leak out the top off the diaper.

Since I sleep on a couch, this is a no brainer for me, so I have to stand to pee.

aspie said:

If you're a guy, make sure that you tuck yourself so you're pointing downward. If you can't while you're putting on your diaper, do it when it goes down. That might be part of your leaking issue.

Well, also, what kinda diaper are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back