Being a little gets me into sticky situations..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Do you ever find that people who don't know about littles misread your intentions?

I would say it's just my little side but I have no little side, I'm just me, this is just me whatever the situation to be honest, I can act like an adult but everyone knows it only lasts as long as it has to, the people who do know I'm a little always say to me when I'm acting like an adult "okay this isn't going to last long", they are right, it doesn't.

But I get cuddly and affectionate to people in a friendly/little way and they take it the wrong way and then I find people try to get a bit too flirty or adult with me and it makes me feel super uncomfortable..

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as having my intentions misread, I've been there before, but it's one of the things that makes me go, "Yep, I'm a spectrumite," someone on the autism spectrum who lacks formal diagnosis, and thus, is unsure where. It often happens because I'm showing affection in a developmentally inappropriate way. My stepdad told me it looked like I was flirting with some handyman, or cable guy, or whatever the hell the guy was here to do, and all I was trying for was being cordial and friendly and nice. It's not like I hugged or kissed him, or asked how his grandmother was, for goodness sake! Note to self: don't practice social skills on workmen. Better to be seen as rude than slutty. How is asking how someone is today and if they'd like some sweet iced tea, flirting?! It's Texas! The man could drop dead from heat stroke!

I also misread Neurotypicals' intentions quite often.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I have serious issues being cuddly or intimate normally. I think anyone who knew me wouldn't believe how I am when I'm little. Mother ran a daycare and I was the youngest sibling by over a decade, so I grew up quite a bit faster than I would have wanted for approval and took the stoicism way to far. That's honestly the best part of being little for me, being able to feel instead of pushing it down!

Up above.. This right here.. That's exactly me Cauthon

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
As far as having my intentions misread, I've been there before, but it's one of the things that makes me go, "Yep, I'm a spectrumite," someone on the autism spectrum who lacks formal diagnosis, and thus, is unsure where. It often happens because I'm showing affection in a developmentally inappropriate way. My stepdad told me it looked like I was flirting with some handyman, or cable guy, or whatever the hell the guy was here to do, and all I was trying for was being cordial and friendly and nice. It's not like I hugged or kissed him, or asked how his grandmother was, for goodness sake! Note to self: don't practice social skills on workmen. Better to be seen as rude than slutty. How is asking how someone is today and if they'd like some sweet iced tea, flirting?! It's Texas! The man could drop dead from heat stroke!

I also misread Neurotypicals' intentions quite often.

I think that being nice to men often gets misread as flirtation. For years I was constantly hounded by people because I didn't smile, so I started smiling, but apparently if you smile at a man (or make pleasant conversation for that matter) he takes it as a sign of sexual interest when really you are just trying to be nice. Conversely, averting one's eyes is also supposed to be a sign of flirting, but it could also just mean that looking somebody in the eye makes you uncomfortable which is about the furthest thing from flirting.

I know a girl, she gets very close and touchy/feely when she's drunk, often guys that don't know her take it as her hitting on them, she just gives off this "I'm slutty" kinda vibe, but she is definitely not! Most of the time her boyfriend(rode the scoolbus with him) is sitting on the other side of the bar not caring. Maybe she's a little lol.

CuddleFish said:
I think that being nice to men often gets misread as flirtation. For years I was constantly hounded by people because I didn't smile, so I started smiling, but apparently if you smile at a man (or make pleasant conversation for that matter) he takes it as a sign of sexual interest when really you are just trying to be nice. Conversely, averting one's eyes is also supposed to be a sign of flirting, but it could also just mean that looking somebody in the eye makes you uncomfortable which is about the furthest thing from flirting.

Ah, smiling and eye contact. I suck at both. People don't understand that some people only smile when they genuinely have something to smile about. I tend to avert my eyes with people I'm not really comfortable with. I guess it's because I feel maintaining eye contact is ''too friendly'' and sends the wrong message.

I tend to be extra cautious about being physical with other people (I think in large part because I'm a guy and it can be take the wrong way), and only really act affectionate if I'm with someone I'm comfortable enough to open up that little side around.

Being nice to people does it .
I'm like a big kid any way.
I have had both guy's and gals hit on me it makes me so uncomfortable when it happens and touch is the worst thing .
I never been used to touch because I was never tuched as a child .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back