Why are you a caretaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibapawz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Been a good long while since I last posted here. My apologies.

I come to you all seeking to solicit information from all you caretakers out there. Ever since tapping the babyfur side of my being this time last year, and breaking into the AB world, I've wondered what it would be like to be a caretaker. I know finding the right cub or little would be key to easing into the role. Finding one that would overlook little mistakes and such, and who would provide an authentic feel back.

Now I was afforded the opportunity to be a caretaker this weekend, and for once I seized that opportunity. I surprised even myself at taking this role, and doing it pretty decently for my first go around. Changes, cooking for my guest, gaming, watching movies and funny videos, bottle feedings, snuggles and even napping together.

Looking back though, something didn't feel right. It felt off, unnatural, strange, foreign, and in opposition to what I felt that such a role would produce. Perhaps at heart I was never meant to be a caretaker, but I'm okay with that. When I ask myself if I want to do that again, the answer is "no", but only because I didn't extract anything from doing it. So, I reached out to a friend who is a caretaker to pose the question that I will now also pose to the caretakers in this community:

What do you get from being a caretaker?

If the idea that actions are driven by purpose, then what purpose does a caretaker seek? Is it the love you feel watching your little be happy? Is it that you feel good taking care of someone? Or is it something more?

I ask this question because I feel lost...am I giving up on this too quickly? Or is this how most caretakers feel from the start? I'm not upset about it - and I'm certainly not suggesting I didn't have a good time, but I more like at the very most I would only ever play the role of a "part-time" big brother. I feel far more comfortable just having someone to hang out with.

I also feel like the caretaker-little connection is a strong bond, built on an emotional need that both sides seek out. Is this a correct assumption? If so, maybe this is impacting my ability to find enjoyment in it?

At any rate, thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading the responses here!

I am always looking for caregivers who wants their charge to have the best time possible. I find that at least for me, those with out experience get overwhelmed because my needs never take a day off

CPDude said:
I am always looking for caregivers who wants their charge to have the best time possible. I find that at least for me, those with out experience get overwhelmed because my needs never take a day off

:iagree:

In 3 words. Obsessive Parental Instincts. :biggrin:

Because I'm switch. I can do one, but I've to do the second.

I know this thread is a week old but I feel compelled to answer since I'm pretty new and want to still get a feel for the forum <3

When I first became a caretaker I was pretty nervous as it was a new and odd thing to me, since I'd never been exposed to any ABDL stuff outside of a few misinterpreted media sources that really made it out to be a lot worse than it was. When my boyf/little first introduced me to it all he was terrified but I try to be very very openminded and let it all sink in and gave it a ton of thought. As I try to do I gave it a go and though it was strange at first there was a sort of ease it came with on my part. Little by little I became more used to it and more content with how it made me feel and finally was able to tell my boyf/little I was ready to take on being his official caretaker!

That's the long and short of it haha. Came in a clean slate and learned everything from scratch and as it turns out I really enjoy the caretaker role!

SpringSongbird said:
I know this thread is a week old but I feel compelled to answer since I'm pretty new and want to still get a feel for the forum <3

When I first became a caretaker I was pretty nervous as it was a new and odd thing to me, since I'd never been exposed to any ABDL stuff outside of a few misinterpreted media sources that really made it out to be a lot worse than it was. When my boyf/little first introduced me to it all he was terrified but I try to be very very openminded and let it all sink in and gave it a ton of thought. As I try to do I gave it a go and though it was strange at first there was a sort of ease it came with on my part. Little by little I became more used to it and more content with how it made me feel and finally was able to tell my boyf/little I was ready to take on being his official caretaker!

That's the long and short of it haha. Came in a clean slate and learned everything from scratch and as it turns out I really enjoy the caretaker role!

Hi

You are special.

Wish there were more of you out there.

Buy new Big Brother. Is very sweet. But rubbish at caretaking. Although he did do a OK at KFC yesterday.
And he did send me off to have a nap but then left me to wake up by myself.

But on the bottom of our to-do list today he's written remember to be small.

I would like to know what sort of things you and your Little found about having a care taker and being a care tacker.

Thanks

Sisi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back