Bambino Magnificent Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The website shows the winner is Wen M. for the baby dinosaurs artwork. Man. That sucks. I was hoping for a more older boy design. Oh well. It is what people voted for and move on. Guess I still won't be buying anything from Bambino yet.

jamiejamie said:
I was hoping for a more older boy design.

but.. older boys don't need diapers anymore!

jamiejamie said:
The website shows the winner is Wen M. for the baby dinosaurs artwork. Man. That sucks. I was hoping for a more older boy design. Oh well. It is what people voted for and move on. Guess I still won't be buying anything from Bambino yet.

ABU Space looks like bedwetting diapers to me.

Anyways, high profiled artists should of been disqualified IMHO unless multiple of them were competing. Clearly wen's already existing fan base voted them up. Likely 10-15% of the vote at least.

I don't know the artist, but I voted for the winning dino's because I thought it was the best design.

The ABU diapers are kewl! Especially the Space Diaper.

Fire2box said:
Anyways, high profiled artists should of been disqualified IMHO unless multiple of them were competing. Clearly wen's already existing fan base voted them up. Likely 10-15% of the vote at least.

If wen's fanbase represented the largest portion of the customers, then that's what should win, unless you're looking for variety to fill a gap in the market. I don't want to see the most popular choice blackballed because the artist is "too popular" or produces a product that "others can't compete with".

Isn't disqualifying someone that's "too good" a form of reverse-discrimination?

bambinod said:
If wen's fanbase represented the largest portion of the customers, then that's what should win, unless you're looking for variety to fill a gap in the market. I don't want to see the most popular choice blackballed because the artist is "too popular" or produces a product that "others can't compete with".

Isn't disqualifying someone that's "too good" a form of reverse-discrimination?

not when they encourage their established fan base to vote for them.

bambinod said:
but.. older boys don't need diapers anymore!
Exactly. Maybe if they were doing a pull-up, but... I'm a fan of babyish designs, m'self. As I see it, if a diaper's got a print that isn't babyish, it may as well have a photo of Stephen Hawking printed on it or something.

Fire2box said:
not when they encourage their established fan base to vote for them.

That's how a lot of things work.....

I'm so disappointed in this. There's so many AB designs already.

Bambino Classico. Bambino Bellissimo. ABU Space. ABU Cushies. ABU SDK. ABU Little Pawz. DC Amor. DC Idyl. Tykables Overnights. Barebum Diapers. Rearz Safari. Maybe others I'm missing. Then the ABU Lavender and Rearz Princesses aren't really AB diapers are they're more "mature", but they're extremely feminine.

If you're just a DL, and you're not looking for an overly AB diaper ALL THE TIME, there's like no options for a printed diaper that isn't totally baby. Maybe the dinosaurs from Rearz but those are limited edition and aren't around all the time. So if you're DL you can't have fun with your diapers, you can just wear the medical ones.

Maybe I sound selfish and if so I am sorry, but I really wish that the ABDL community would remember there are both AB and DL people here. And before you say just wear the babyish diapers, it's not always that simple for everyone. I, for one, have a girlfriend who has fallen in love with diapers (and a pacifier, ironically) after originally being weirded out by them...provided I don't wear babyish designs. She likes the ABU Space and DC Amor but would prefer her man isn't in baby looking diapers. Which is fine...I can make the sacrifice for being allowed to wear diapers whenever I want.

The point is, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in a predicament like this. If we could find a way to make fun diapers for the people who don't also drink out of bottles...for people who just like diapers...I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. I really wish the balloons won, but I guess I'll stick with Dry 24/7 and Abena M4 until something else comes along someday.

Well, I'm totally excited about this. I'm glad Wen won. His artwork was outstanding.

Personally, I feel like the most realistic and professional print won. It's a broadly acceptable print, and broadly acceptable things tend to win open votes. Many kudos to Wen for submitting the winning design in a contest that saw a good number of entries.

If the hope was that something out of left field or niche was going to win instead, well, this wasn't a method of choosing a print likely to reach that outcome.

It makes a lot of sense to me that Bambino might want to launch its first new product in a good number of years with a very standard print.

Cottontail said:
As I see it, if a diaper's got a print that isn't babyish, it may as well have a photo of Stephen Hawking printed on it or something.

Teehee....the perfect diaper design for the very elderly!

Foxroxsox said:
Well, I'm totally excited about this. I'm glad Wen won. His artwork was outstanding.

Wen is female

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back