Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Broke my toe this weekend.. How long does it usually take to heal? I have it taped to the next one and I'm taking Tylenol.. Didn't go to the doctors, military doctors would do the same thing I'm already doing...

As to how I did it? It was doing macho manly stuff... I was rescuing a litter of kittens from a tree when I realized there was a kid stuck in the tree too, so I put the kittens in my shirt, grabbed the kid with one arm and climbed down, when I got to the bottom there was a chair in the way, and I happened to kick it, and broke my toe... But I saved the kittens! >,> oh and the kid... <,<

Hopefully the kid at least told you thanks. (I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a thanks from the cats.)

But kudos to you for doing the right thing.

Illinoise said:
Hopefully the kid at least told you thanks. (I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a thanks from the cats.)

But kudos to you for doing the right thing.

Haha I was joking on the kids and kitten, trying to make up a cool "how I broke my toe" story.. I did actually kick a chair barefoot and broke it... Didn't mean to, but I kicked it pretty good...

Tanner said:
Haha I was joking on the kids and kitten, trying to make up a cool "how I broke my toe" story.. I did actually kick a chair barefoot and broke it... Didn't mean to, but I kicked it pretty good...

I had the same thing happen when I was chasing a steer and fell over a gopher hole in the field and messed up my leg. Took months for my knee to get better after I slipped in the bathroom (no I mean tripped over that gopher hole).

I don't know how long it takes to heal, but it hurts like H every time you bump it for the next six months.

My mom broke her toe before and it took her 6-8 weeks for her to heal so do some addition between age difference.

egor said:
I had the same thing happen when I was chasing a steer and fell over a gopher hole in the field and messed up my leg. Took months for my knee to get better after I slipped in the bathroom (no I mean tripped over that gopher hole).

I don't know how long it takes to heal, but it hurts like H every time you bump it for the next six months.

Them gopher holes can be slippery ;) haha and Ya, it's like a heat seeking missle to hit everything! Hurts so bad..

- - - Updated - - -

Snivy said:
My mom broke her toe before and it took her 6-8 weeks for her to heal so do some addition between age difference.

Dang :/ thank though

It might heal completely, it might not. I've stubbed/broke my pinkie toes so many times they now look like little hunchbacks and when I clip the toenail off there's almost nothing left. Unlike the rest of your foot, the toes aren't actually that sensitive. Once you forget about it, you'll surprise yourself by realizing that it was actually broken.

Snivy said:

Yeah. When I was in 7th grade, a had my toe broken by two other players who double teamed me and it took at least 6 weeks to heal, and I was a young kid back then, even younger than Snivy.

For little toes it usually takes me 4-6 weeks of buddy taping for there to be no soreness whatsoever when I squeeze them, just walking around 2-3 weeks and the pain is undetectable. Usually I only crack or bruise bones, have yet to actually break one regardless of what extreme thing happens. I've kicked so many kitchen chairs on the way to get a drink in the middle of the night that one of my pinky toes won't move under it's own power anymore, the other one isn't much better. I think most doctors will say 6 weeks give or take a week or two.

Ouch!

When I was on my neighborhood's swim team as a kid, I did a poorly-executed flip turn and crushed my right second toe against the wall of the pool. Needless to say, that didn't feel too good. I think it took about a month to "heal", and I put that in quotes because my middle and distal phalanx ended up fused together into one bone. :(

Of course, when it happened, I went straight to the doctor, who basically said, "Yep. That's gonna hurt for a while."

Ya.. Military doctors are like, tape it, have some Tylenol and drink water, you'll be fine, oh and were running 5 miles Friday, possible with our ruck sacks (30+ pound backpack) should be a fun week....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back