Poor Quality Leakmaster Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Here is the message I sent to AdultClothDiaper this morning, telling them what I think of the Leakmaster deluxe 7 mil pants.

I bought 3 pair of leakmaster deluxe 7 mil plastic pants, on special this month. The design is very poor. At the waist and legs, the plastic wraps over the elastic. This causes two faults: 1) The heavy plastic is scratchy against the skin, 2) After washing, the elastic never dries. Days later it is still wet. This will result is mold growth. These pants are very bad and I will have to replace them with another type.
If you are interested in trading them in, I will send them back. Otherwise, they go in the trash.

I will post their response.

Interesting. I know a number of people here use and like those pants. I had a pair at one point, but they didn't fit. I hadn't paid attention to the leg dimensions when I ordered, so that was my fault. The idea with the enclosed elastics is, obviously, that there's no exposed fabric to wick moisture. Any non-waterproof material along the edges or seams of the pants is a way for moisture to escape. Having dealt with babies and cloth diapers, I can vouch for how annoying that is. If you make a point of changing soon after wetting your diaper, though, the advantage is minimal.

Anyway, I ended up with the 4-mil pants from Changing Times, which I believe are made by the same company that makes the LeakMasters--Gary Mfg. They have enclosed elastics also, but I find them comfy. Perhaps the thinner vinyl is the answer there. As for mold, I've never had that problem, but intuitively it seems possible. I wash my pants with my diapers--detergent and all--shake off the water droplets, and then let them dry on their own. The vinyl does eventually discolor and show signs of wear at the elastics, but by then I've gotten my money's worth.

mine are currently drying on the radiator :biggrin:

i mostly airdry, but slightly damp elastics don't bother me as i also do an extra, final rinse with a limonene based disinfectant. no mould to report after several years of using the '7 mil' pants.
additionally, i sized my pants according to thigh size, not waist.

Well, they offered me a 15% discount on my next order to make up for my dissatisfaction.

So they do state right in the product description that "The LeakMaster Deluxe Adult Plastic Pants have also been designed with fully enclosed leg and waistbands so elastic never comes in contact with your sensitive skin." Most of the LeakMaster line has exposed elastics, which is what it sounds like you were expecting. I've been using LeakMaster plastic pants for years, and I've found them to be about the best out there. They have a great balance of price, durability, and (most importantly) ability to fit around my abnormally chunky legs. That said, I've never bothered with the enclosed elastics. Their more basic pants are fantastic, though.

Shame these didn't work out for you. I suppose if nothing else you know now that enclosed elastics don't work well for you.

I buy and use the Leakmaster high backs which use the thinner latex and I love them. I bought the thick 7 m once, bought several of them on the one order and they sit unused after I tried them once. I found the elastic waist and legs to be extremely uncomfortable, and for my taste, they really were too thick. That said, I'll never order them again. But as I said, I love the thinner high backs. They're thin like the Gerber baby training pants, and being higher, they cover cloth, night time diapers, which is important if you're sleeping in them.

^^ To each their own, I suppose. I personally love the thicker ones. That thick player of plastic feels substantial, feels real, feels like it'll do what it's meant to do.

dogboy said:
I bought the thick 7 m once, bought several of them on the one order and they sit unused after I tried them once.

yeah, i'm over here! no, here! chuck us the pants! go on!!
:biggrin:

ade said:
yeah, i'm over here! no, here! chuck us the pants! go on!!
:biggrin:

Okay....so I bought a toy sailboat and it's headed for the English Channel. Inside the hull you'll find them all stuffed toward the bow except for the one which is functioning as the sail. You'll recognize the boat by the name on the stern, the H. M. S. Plastic Panties.

dogboy said:
Okay....so I bought a toy sailboat and it's headed for the English Channel. Inside the hull you'll find them all stuffed toward the bow except for the one which is functioning as the sail. You'll recognize the boat by the name on the stern, the H. M. S. Plastic Panties.
:SHOCKED: not the English Channel!! it's the Irish Sea for me!
now, Tiny or Parcelboy'll get them :sad:

ade said:
:SHOCKED: not the English Channel!! it's the Irish Sea for me!
now, Tiny or Parcelboy'll get them :sad:

I wonder if they'll even know what to do with them?

Yes, the normal Leakmasters are very good. This is the only design I have trouble with. I like both the thin and thick.

Really like my PUL Gary underpants! Cooler than vinyl, wash in the shower and air dry. The different colors look like gym shorts from far away and the front facing leg openings are a great design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back