Paddedwolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Wrangell.jpg

A-dorable. Love it! This makes me so jealous - I want a Marci badge now hehe :)

Thank you for sharing!!

Very cool pic of Wrangell. I love the bubble pipe. I remember playing with those for hours when I was a kid

Awesome pic. I hope to have a badge someday. Marci is great at showing expressions.

Thanks all!

Congrats!! What an adorable character. The bubble pipe is so original.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Marci's work (we had some controversy when she first started doing commissions in around 2001ish, it's complicated and I can't really explain it that well as it was a long time ago), I do think it's pretty cute and does have a nice look to it.

kitterdafoxy said:
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Marci's work (we had some controversy when she first started doing commissions in around 2001ish, it's complicated and I can't really explain it that well as it was a long time ago), I do think it's pretty cute and does have a nice look to it.

Not to be that guy, but you have "Controversy" with a lot of artists out there and usually because of pricing. It's not that your not a fan of the work, your not a fan of the artist because you feel they charge too much or something else that is trivial.

FauxPas said:
Not to be that guy, but you have "Controversy" with a lot of artists out there and usually because of pricing. It's not that your not a fan of the work, your not a fan of the artist because you feel they charge too much or something else that is trivial.

It's not because of pricing, it's just that I'm not a fan of paying somebody that you've never met in your life to draw something that they may not even like. Personally, I have no need to commission anything because I can draw just fine. The whole controversy related to art styles and it happened nearly 15 years ago (it was resolved when I adopted a smoother art style called "Corona" that I designed).

kitterdafoxy said:
It's not because of pricing, it's just that I'm not a fan of paying somebody that you've never met in your life to draw something that they may not even like. Personally, I have no need to commission anything because I can draw just fine. The whole controversy related to art styles and it happened nearly 15 years ago (it was resolved when I adopted a smoother art style called "Corona" that I designed).

Alright, whatever you say. I just recall not long ago, you had issues with Wen over the prices she was charging. But to counter your argument further, artists are always willing to work with you on a piece, to go around bad mouthing them on forums and such is wrong. Part of commissioning an artist is because of how they draw, you find a style you like and you pay them for their interpretation of your character. Gotta let go of the "concern" you have over whether or not you will like it. Some of my best commissions have come from horrible descriptions.

And not to bad mouth you or your art, but everything I have seen from you has been from MS Paint, so I am unsure of what you mean when you say you have "designed a style"

FauxPas said:
Alright, whatever you say. I just recall not long ago, you had issues with Wen over the prices she was charging. But to counter your argument further, artists are always willing to work with you on a piece, to go around bad mouthing them on forums and such is wrong. Part of commissioning an artist is because of how they draw, you find a style you like and you pay them for their interpretation of your character. Gotta let go of the "concern" you have over whether or not you will like it. Some of my best commissions have come from horrible descriptions.

And not to bad mouth you or your art, but everything I have seen from you has been from MS Paint, so I am unsure of what you mean when you say you have "designed a style"

I think your thinking of someone else, I never bad mouthed wen because of prices and I actually think her art is pretty good, just not something I would personally buy. I'm not trying to bad mouth anybody and I try hard not to insult in my critiques, I keep them pretty formal and technical. I'm not at all against Marci's art style anymore and I actually like that it's hand drawn and not digital, hell, this whole dispute happened in the age of dial up when it took 5 minutes to even load a single Marci badge. I'm not concerned whether or not I like it, I'm just not a fan of commissioning stuff from an artist that may not share my interests, it just seems like your disconnected from an artist and it's not personal. As for my art style, that icon is the ONLY digital thing I have ever drawn and it was smoothed out by another forum member, Corona dosen't translate well to digital usually (my icon is Corona style ms-paint). I have drawn hundreds of pieces over the years, they're just not digital and I don't have a scanner to upload them. The reason I used ms paint is because it was the only paint program I had on my laptop and I didn't want to bother to download a paint program for one icon (I just wanted something to represent myself that looked vaguely recognizable and cute). In other words, Marci and wen are fine for those who want a commission and I'm sure they're also great people in real life, I just don't do or order commissions.

Very very cute! Lovely character design!

That is too cute for words. I must get one done by Marci

Tiddles said:
That is too cute for words. I must get one done by Marci

I like her style. I wish I could draw like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back