going while walking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybroooke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone "perfected" the going while walking or pretty much doing anything else?
Right now I leak occasionally but if i really have to go i would have to stop what im doing and focus really hard. Can anyone just let go without stopping what they're doing?

At times I have no problem going while sitting or walking, other times I have to stop/stand. Don't know.

It's a somewhat common thread. It's in the body's nature to not release the bladder when in an "unfamiliar" situation. The brain puts the brakes on it unless you really intend to pee. For most, this can be a very difficult thing to overcome in unusual situations. While clothed, laying down, sitting, walking, riding in a moving vehicle, in any position in public, even just trying to use a public restroom, it can be a struggle.

Walking is especially difficult because not only are you IN an unusual circumstance to be wetting, but your body is physically busy doing something else, that it NEVER normally multitasks with peeing. So that just makes it really difficult to concentrate. Going up or down stairs adds to the difficulty, as does running. As anyone will tell you, it just takes time and practice, to make gradual progress.

While I can sometimes just "let it go" when the bell rings, I still frequently need to concentate to some degree or other, especially when walking or riding in a car. But I'm "training" my way out of an extremely "shy bladder" aka "stage fright" - where I was unable to start going in any public restroom. It was only recently that I was able to use a urinal while someone else was using another urinal in the room. (though now that I'm diapered 24/7, using a urinal is less of a concern... ;) )

As for the leaking... most diapers have "standing leak guards", which most people will just refer to as "leak guards". But they're standing for a reason. They're designed to keep the pee IN your diaper while standing, instead of rolling out the legs left and right, long enough for the material to absorb and wick it up into the padding in the front and back. If you're leaking while walking, you're either not wearing a diaper with leak guards, have a diaper thats already too wet, are flooding way too fast for the diaper to keep up, have a diaper with crappy short leak guards, or have a problem with your taping method.

babybroooke said:
Has anyone "perfected" the going while walking or pretty much doing anything else?
Right now I leak occasionally but if i really have to go i would have to stop what im doing and focus really hard. Can anyone just let go without stopping what they're doing?

I do this quite a bit any more, It took a while for me to get used to doing it. though before that, I would have to stop and let go like you do now. It isn't something that comes naturally, You have to reteach your body that it's ok to let go while walking. Yesterday, I was in 3 different stores getting things that I needed and I m managed to wet while in 2 of them. It felt good to be walking and going at the same time.

bambinod said:
As for the leaking... most diapers have "standing leak guards", which most people will just refer to as "leak guards". But they're standing for a reason. They're designed to keep the pee IN your diaper while standing, instead of rolling out the legs left and right, long enough for the material to absorb and wick it up into the padding in the front and back. If you're leaking while walking, you're either not wearing a diaper with leak guards, have a diaper thats already too wet, are flooding way too fast for the diaper to keep up, have a diaper with crappy short leak guards, or have a problem with your taping method.

Sorry, shouldve made it a little clearer. when i say leak i dont mean the diaper leaking i mean i cant really control my pee. sometimes it just starts dribbling out and i generally cant stop it..

I think you just need to practice. I can go pretty easily standing or walking but other positions are still difficult (especially night-time - laying in bad).

I can't start while walking, but sometimes I can keep it going if I start walking after I start.

Once I get started, I can walk around and still go. Granted I walk a little slower and more deliberate.

babybroooke said:

I wouldn't say "perfected". I haven't really tried to perfect it, but I can walk around at a slightly slower pace while still going. I can only start while standing still, though.

I think most swimmers master that at one point or another ;-)

I can pee while walking bit it has to start first, I don't think I have ever started while walking.

it amazes me how distance runners can do it, and they're not even diapered ;)

makes me wonder how they approach that topic in training

The only position where I don't usually wet is when sitting. Walking, running, standing and laying down, I have little control over. People who have IC will tell you that wetting whilst walking or running is not only easy, but difficult to hold in. I've had many accidents whilst trying to get to a toilet (both walking and running) so, to answer your question - wetting whilst walking is pretty much the same as standing. And incase you're wondering, yes I do worry about my nappy leaking with each step if I realise I'm wetting, but when you have little control over your bladder voiding there isn't much you can do. And if you use the right products properly, you should be safe most of the time. If you're trying to achieve this deliberately and you have no bladder issues then I think you need to just do it and be prepared for whatever the outcome. You might be surprised at the amount of people that notice your accident who just look the other way and go about their day. Also you might be surprised at just how effective your nappy is... after all, they are designed for IC people with no/ little feeling or control so bear that in mind and good luck :)

I can also wet while walking. How I learned to do it was to wait until I had a really full bladder and I really needed to go, then go for a stroll and let go. Its a lot easier to train yourself to go when you really have to go. It was a pretty cool feeling because everything is sloshing around while you walk...its a funny feeling that is hard to describe and its certainly a lot different than standing/lying/sitting (which of course all have their own cool feelings and benefits).

bambinod said:
it amazes me how distance runners can do it, and they're not even diapered ;)

makes me wonder how they approach that topic in training

I've always wondered that.

But yea, I can only pee while walking if I really really need to go.

I can't pee while walking. Or, at least, I can't get started peeing while walking. And I'm not sure that's the same sort of shy bladder syndrome that applies in other situations, either. If you think about it, walking involves contracting muscles that are in the vicinity of the muscles you need to relax in order to urinate. So you're not merely trying to relax or adjust psychologically to the idea of urinating in a different type of situation. Instead, you're trying to relax your muscles very selectively--without relaxing other nearby muscles. That's quite different, on a physical level, from sitting on a toilet, or locking your knees while standing at a urinal. Or wetting while in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back